Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by durabo View Post
    so the adhoc mode is the one i want? I can use that to play just with her while we are traveling? I ask this because a quick google mentioned something about the adhoc mode using my PS3 as a server....?

My PS3 is at home. I am a couple thousand miles away... so now what?

Sorry, I really am not a complete noob with this stuff, I just rarely play PSP and this will be the first time I have used it to play multiplayer style.

Lastly, So where in the actual game do I go to get hooked up online? I don't have a manual and I don't see an option at the title screen for playing online.

God, I am amazed that I can't figure this out
    Your right next to each other.... you don't need a manual to play PSP2 together.... What do you not understand about multiplayer mode? that mode makes it so that you can play both of your psp's right next to each other. You don't need adhoc mode to play together.... your PSP sets up it's own little server like thing in multiplayer mode.

Steps to getting into multiplayer together.
    Step 1. Turn on PSP run your copy of PSP2.
    Step 2. get to your character screen.
    Step 3. Go to MUltiplayer mode (not online multiplayer mode, not story mode)
    Step 4. One of you select Create Party, while the other person waits a second and presses Join party.
    Step 5. When both of you are in the party, the person with the party setup starts it.

Have fun -_-

PS3 connectivity is Ad Hoc Party, which basically makes your PS3 a hot spot for the PSP to connect to other players using Ad Hoc Party.

It's the menu shortly after creating a new character or selecting a character to continue off of. Should say Select Game Mode at the top left like so.

The option you're looking for is the middle saying Multiplayer.

You do not need to have started Chapter 1 at all in order to hop online or play locally. The menu I shot is also self explanatory.
    Last edited by blace; Sep 15, 2011 at 03:53 PM.

Guys... Shut it..... you obviously aren't reading about the part where both of them are together travelling....... WHY THE HELL WOULD THEY NEED TO USE ADHOC?!?!?!

Quit confusing the guy....

BTW Durabo, read my first post in this topic, it should help you out.

Quote Originally Posted by Evegodenraven View Post
    Guys... Shut it..... you obviously aren't reading about the part where both of them are together travelling....... WHY THE HELL WOULD THEY NEED TO USE ADHOC?!?!?!

Quit confusing the guy....

BTW Durabo, read my first post in this topic, it should help you out.
    Because it's called ad hoc for local play. Don't know where you've been.

Quote Originally Posted by blace View Post
    Because it's called ad hoc for local play. Don't know where you've been.
    Your confusing him with the ADHOC thats on PS3. your making it complicated for him to understand something so simple. just say multiplayer mode. those letters are sitting right in front of his face unlike Adhoc.

Ad hoc is local play, Infrastructure is online. He also mentioned that he looked it up and that was what came up. Last I checked he PS3 is Infrastructure as it is needed to stay online.
    Last edited by Mike; Sep 15, 2011 at 06:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blace View Post
    Ad hoc is local play, Infrastructure is online. He also mentioned that he looked it up and that was what came up. Last I checked he PS3 is Infrastructure as it is needed to stay online.
    and i'm just saying that people are confusing him....
    Last edited by Mike; Sep 15, 2011 at 06:43 PM.

when it says Story Mode. Multiplayer. and Online Multiplayer, you BOTH pick Multiplayer. One Forms the party, one joins, and then you start. no internet required.

One more thing you should check:

Go to the main PSP screen and go allllll the way to the left until you can't go any further. You'll be in the "Settings column". Then go down allllll the way until you can't go any further as well! You should be highlighting the "Network Settings" option.

Go and do it on both PSPs. It'll be the same, so don't worry.

Ok, then select it! Ok, this is where you'll see the following options:

Ad Hoc Mode (this is for local multiplayer settings)
    Infrastructure Mode (this is for everything concerning online stuff)

Since you want to do Local Multiplayer games with your Girlfriend, go and select "Ad Hoc Mode". Ok, now once that's done you'll see a screen that asks:

"Set to the channel in use for the PSP™ systems you want to connect to."

And then underneath are the selections:

Automatic, Ch 1, Ch 6, and Ch 11. To make things simple on the both of you, just select "Automatic". Then just hit the -> direction on the D-Pad and then hit X to save (or whatever button you usually press to make selections on your system).

or

(Depends on your PSP's region of origin. ^_^;

It sounds a lot more complicated than it should, but this is to make sure both PSPs are on the same frequency, and it's the equivalent of using the Link Cables on the GameBoy to play Tetris/Pokemon and what have you from back in the day. Only now it's wireless! ^_-

Now just follow the advice above mine and go play some PSPo2 with the one you love! No internet or PS3 required! Enjoy you two!

Quote Originally Posted by Isoya View Post
    *hugs Sara*
    <3 <(^_^<)
    I expected nothign less from you!
    No problem! ^_^ <3
    Last edited by Sara-hime; Sep 15, 2011 at 08:22 PM. Reason: Pictures! You can look at them! Also meant "Ch 6" not 5 >_<;
    PSO2 characters
    Ship 2: Rabbie, Ramune, Princess Sara. Ship 10's Elu and Noriko are here as well (for an undetermined amount of time...)

Quote Originally Posted by Sara-hime View Post
    One more thing you should check:

Go to the main PSP screen and go allllll the way to the left until you can't go any further. You'll be in the "Settings column". Then go down allllll the way until you can't go any further as well! You should be highlighting the "Network Settings" option.

Go and do it on both PSPs. It'll be the same, so don't worry.

Ok, then select it pressing the "X" button. Ok, this is where you'll see the following options:

Ad Hoc Mode (this is for local multiplayer settings)
    Infrastructure Mode (this is for everything concerning online stuff)

Since you want to do Local Multiplayer games with your Girlfriend, go and select "Ad Hoc Mode". Ok, now once that's done you'll see a screen that asks:

"Set to the channel in use for the PSP™ systems you want to connect to."

And then underneath are the selections:

Automatic, Ch 1, Ch 5, and Ch 11. To make things simple on the both of you, just select "Automatic". Then just hit the -> direction on the D-Pad and then hit X to save.

It sounds a lot more complicated than it should, but this is to make sure both PSPs are on the same frequency, and it's the equivalent of using the Link Cables on the GameBoy to play Tetris/Pokemon and what have you from back in the day. Only now it's wireless! ^_-

Now just follow the advice above mine and go play some PSPo2 with the one you love! No internet or PS3 required! Enjoy you two!
    *hugs Sara*
    <3 <(^_^<)
    I expected nothign less from you!
    Isoya Level: 172 VA: 30 RA: 22 HU: 6 FO: 1 Misc. weapons depending on current class type.
    Loli Level: 90 RA: 15 Laser cannon/Grenade/Axe
    Serenity Level: 78 FO: 13 Rod/Double sabers/Twin Daggers
    Life Level: 15 HU: 1 Knuckles/Twin Claws/Sword