Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Default So it looks like 2011 will be the year...

Can't wait to get my hands on it. It Looks like they completely ignored the PS II text games, Phantasy Star Gaiden and Phantasy Star Adventure, as well as the PS2 remakes in that time line though.

Can this really be taken without a grain of salt? Besides, they could still mean the financial year.

They could well just be pulling our proverbial puds and mean a Japanese release, I hope I am dead wrong and am forced to eat shards of glass for popping anyone's bubble on that, but it wouldn't be the first time in gaming something this heinous (whoa I spelled that right?) has taken place.

"Of their own accord" Enforcer MKV's Avatar
    Somewhere, being an old man again, apparently.

Though, considering most to all of the information is being handled by the Japanese, a japanese release would......make sense?
    Enforcer MkX [TE/RA]: Critically injured
    Violet MkV [BR/HU]: On active duty

I could see it coming out in 2011 in Japan with very little content and then releasing more and more content for people to download in what would hopefully be regular updates.

When PSU first came out, there was barely anything to do until they gradually unlocked more content.
    I could see the same kind of thing happening again with actual content updates rather than unlocking.
    It seems to me that they're going to embrace the fact that this is an online-only PC game.

Reviews might slate it for the lack of content early in the game's life though.
    It wouldn't matter too much with their dedicated fanbase in Japan.
    Maybe they'll release the game in the West at a much later date with more initial content in hopes of getting positive reviews.

Complete and utter speculation! Blah! What the hell do I know!? I'll just have to wait and see!
    No Signature.

It will be 2012 for the rest of the world. Trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentWanderer View Post
    It will be 2012 for the rest of the world. Trust me.
    I don't.

They've been saying it was coming in 2011 in pretty much every trailer/press release.... So I dunno what the big deal is.

The deal is that as of september, the game is only 50% completed.

October, November, December. That's 3 months for them to get 50% of the shit out of the way.

unless the game is full of a bunch of unscripted, plain terrain and monster reskins, with barely any animation work or decent rares....

Im more afraid of it being undersupplied than anything. I think they're on the right track, and that with some polish the game could look reaaaallllly good. But if they get lazy at the finish line, they'll be doing the EXACT same thing they did with PSU.