View Poll Results: How excited are you for PSO2?

Voters
176. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10/10. I want it so bad.

76 43.18%
  • 9/10. Very interested

37 21.02%
  • 8/10. Hyped but there are other games in the meantime

30 17.05%
  • 7/10. About those other games...

8 4.55%
  • 6/10.

2 1.14%
  • 5/10. Average interest

11 6.25%
  • 4/10. Below average interest

4 2.27%
  • Less than 4/10. Ummmmmmmmmmmm

3 1.70%
  • I'm on the fence about this game and can't pick one of those

1 0.57%
  • I hate Sega.

4 2.27%
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

7/10.

I'm a big fan of action games, and even moreso, I'm a big fan of dungeon-crawling loot-fests. Borderlands 2 and Diablo III coming out sometime within the next fiscal year (well, Borderlands 2 is, anyway - Diablo III is still a maybe) are very likely to be great games as well, but PSO2 still has my interest for the intial game really getting me hooked in the first place. All of the action and whatnot looks great, too.

However, there's the whole thing about reports saying you still can't cast techniques without a rod (or similar) weapon equipped, which is one of the big things that really killed PSU in the first place, especially for anyone that wanted to play a hybrid sort of character well (such as myself). Switching weapons to suit the situation is fine (i.e. swords/partisans/spears for grouped enemies or multi-segmented enemies, sabers/daggers/etc. for single targets, guns/slicers for ranged, etc.), but the entire point of having techniques is that I can use them at any time whenever the situation calls for it, without needing to switch weapons in the first place. I'm fine with the idea of weapons giving a boost to pure technique power, but the notion that they're still going with the idea that characters need a casting weapon equipped to be able to use techniques at all, only brings into question exactly how much, if anything, they've really learned since PSU.

Since it not only makes a hybrid style of gameplay for Forces just unwieldy at best, but it also completely removes the point of playing a Hunter or Ranger as a Human or Newman, since their primary benefit over an Android is their capacity for using techniques at all.

That aside, of course, the game actually looks pretty good. Except for maybe that Android hovering animation. That just looks stupid.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

do want to play, especially since i still miss PSU, but i have plenty of other games to screw around in in the mean time .__.

I woke up and found myself in this place. SERIOUSLY, WHERE THE HELL AM I?!

Looking forward to a lot of games, but PSO2 is definitely among those I anticipate the most. I do hope that there will be global servers, since I'm not fond of having SoA in charge of our servers...

After the initial 'ZOMG PSO2 ACTUALLY LOOKS GOOD!" fever faded away, I'm keeping an average level of interest for this game. Its most likely quite a few months away still from release, and there are just too many good looking games on the horizon for me to get over-excited. Already in my immediate future is the 'Lonesome Road' DLC for Fallout: New Vegas, 'Rise of the Samurai' for Shogun 2, and then Dark Souls(YESS!!!). After that is, depending how much time I have, Battlefield 3, Gears 3, and Skyrim.

Part of whats killing my interest too, is that this game will probably release in the general timeframe(early-mid late next year) of both Diablo 3 and Guild Wars 2(maybe). I'm a big PSO fan, but the fact I might have to pay a subscription for a game when I can play other compelling online experiences for free is a dealbreaker. We'll have to wait and see....

So 5-6/10.

However, there's the whole thing about reports saying you still can't cast techniques without a rod (or similar) weapon equipped, which is one of the big things that really killed PSU in the first place, especially for anyone that wanted to play a hybrid sort of character well (such as myself).
    Woah wait WHAT?! I thought they specifically confirmed that this wouldn't be an issue? If this is the case when the game releases I won't be purchasing, customization be damned.
    Last edited by condiments; Sep 20, 2011 at 03:40 PM.
    "I prefer my history dead. Dead history is writ in ink, the living sort in blood."
    Images in signatures cannot exceed 50,000 bytes. The image in your signature was 73,652 bytes.

I have other games to play but I want to play it after watching the trailers.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Planning to replay PSP2 and prove to myself that the chaining mechanic do not slow down the pace of the combat. =/
    Planning to replay PSU (ep1 and 2) for story and gameplay, PSZ and PSP2 offline mode Only Also I'm keeping my FC for psz up though the Network Mode is closed.

9/10. But they need to show me a lot more content.

There's no 11 :/.......Guess 10 will have to do
    Orius - M.Newman lvl180 MF20 ---- Megalodon V9.0 - M.Cast lvl180 fG20/GM20
    _______ YOmap - M.Beast lvl104 PT20 ---- ダークエンジェル F.Human lvl57 AF11________

JP PSU
    www.psupedia.info/User:Orius

My interest level will probably keep fading as other options suck up my time. Having said that though, the moment PSO2 hits I'll buy it in a heartbeat.

2 people responded "I hate sega" and are members of a PSO fansite

LOLWUT

(for the record I was not one of them)