Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by joefro View Post
    I do a bit of freelance graphic design for friends and friends of friends, but it's just for small money. I don't plan to do it once I'm done with college. I actually like to work for other people rather than for myself. I need that extra push.

Ditto. If I were my own boss, I'd get nothing done. I'm a bad leader
    ID: Haseyo FO
    Character: Roll Caskett | Ship: 02
    Character: Hsien-Ko | Ship: 02

Quote Originally Posted by Palle View Post
    I run I little record label out of a shoebox, just a minuscule LLC outfit I put together around 12 years ago so I could self-publish.

Read a few books about launching labels, indy distribution, legal guides. Not hard at all.

Choose a goal. Chart your course. Adjust as circumstances arise. When you reach a goal, raise the bar.
    That's awesome, and sort of my goal, too. Starting a mathcore band this summer but know nothing about the management/publishing side of it, and don't really know what I should do in college for it.

Yes! It's nothing really big, though. My boyrfiend and I write and draw our own doujinshi and original manga. I just had 100 new books printed to sell at a convention I went to over the weekend, which went over pretty well. I also make money drawing on commission, making graphics for t-shirts, designing logos, and I may be doing some watercolour portrait painting for a while in the near future. All sorts of weird art-related things.
    I hope I've gotten my foot in the door with being taken seriously by making official artwork for an anime convention in my region, but no guarantees.

tl;dr
    I have freelance art endevours that sometimes work out and sometimes do not.