Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast
    "Of their own accord" Enforcer MKV's Avatar
    Somewhere, being an old man again, apparently.

So, anyway, back on topic; out of all of the features listed, what is everyone's favorite so far?

Oh, and Olaf? I applaud your use of the Lightsaber emote. Bravo, good sir. Bravo!
    Enforcer MkX [TE/RA]: Critically injured
    Violet MkV [BR/HU]: On active duty

Everything sounds great. But I'm concerned with the lack of Armor items. Are units really that integral now? I mean, do they actually provide meaningful stat boosts? And as someone said in the first two pages, they should really address the funky Cast hovering animation. I hope they keep this up but I'm also afraid of them listening to fan complaints too much. At some point you have to stop and maintain your vision for what your product will be.

That's like the 9th time he's used that for the same situation

Im pretty sure im always part of it though

They can call them whatever the hell they want, they'll still serve the exact same purpose (i.e. increasing stats).

If they're the only method of increasing defense, I expect them to have a substantial impact. Mind you, I wouldn't be averse to seeing items have less of a direct impact on performance, since there's a stronger element of skill in the game...

I just wish they didn't just go "well let's let users make units invisible." I liked the idea of visible units, but they were supposed to be subtle, not god awfully huge and looked like a mess of clipping errors. Instead of shrinking them down, they'll just get rid of them altogether?

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

I'm not so completely sure about that auto attack still... For guns yeah but melee weapons. I hate that hold one button and keep going feeling, I guess I'll be Just Attacking the whole game.

Also something I noticed wasn't brought. They fixing all this cool stuff, but next is only the Second alpha. So it still feels possible this game could come along further. Though theres a lot less issues now.

I'm hoping they go back to PSU's clothes and mixing hairstyle parts or somethin-Iono-then-I-can-die-happy.
    Last edited by AlexCraig; Sep 30, 2011 at 02:16 PM. Reason: Removed inflammatory portion

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Character Creation
    • I want to be able to change clothes at a whim. Loose the clothing defense attributes.
    • Costumes will loose their stats making units the primary source of defense.

• I want to be able to decided if units are visible are not.
    • You will be able to turn the visibility of units on or off.
    I get it, being able to customize your toon so your look isn't based on gear is cool, but honestly theres always been just a few outfits that looked cool. This really won't help people pop anymore than it did in PSU. I guess it's moot though. Since this is PC-based and not console disk unlocks I'll be looking forward to more variety.

• I want my cast to run instead of hover. Or make it dependent on the type of leg parts.
    • You'll be able to choose between hovering or walking, no matter what the parts.
    YEESSSS! They said I was crazy for caring about the hover legs! I don't know why it bothered me so much myself but now that I have an option I can die happy!

• I want to be able to teleport to areas already visited by party members.
    • You will be able to do that.

• I want free quests to actually have a clear end point.
    • Free quests will have a boss and defeating that boss will end the quest but the area before the boss will be playable forever. (As in monsters will continue to respawn)
    Can you say endless grind time? How is this going to affect rare drops? Clearly boss rares won't take a hit, but general mob rares might be alot more common then? Assuming it still works off a PSO/PSU system of rares.

• I want boss areas like PSO and PSU.
    YOU MEAN THERE WASN'T GOING TO BE A PSO REHASH DARKFALZ OBELISK FLOWERY SWEET TURNED HELLSCAPE APOCALYPSE BOSS FIGHT AREA?! Those boss fight areas really helped make PSO epic, granted PSU ran the boat ride into the ground, but special boss fight areas like Vol Opt. Oh my god how couldn't they have boss fight areas?
    Last edited by Revy; Sep 30, 2011 at 02:19 PM.

What I really want to see is the possibility of trading our items with other people, either by dropping or a trade system like PSOBB had. This is a major thing, and plays a big role in the "interaction" thinking they put into the first PSO.

Also I'd like to see this "free quest" thing to work exactly the way it was in PSO: You go to the area and play until you reach the boss, later you go to the ship and then you'll have another area to play.

And as someone already said, it would be cool to me if they used the PSU clothing system, I just love it, man, if I could somehow let them see this... apart from what I've said the game is going to be pretty much perfect IMHO

If they put at least the drop option in the game, then I'm completely sold(I'm already sold anyway :P)

Quote Originally Posted by Macman View Post
    I just wish they didn't just go "well let's let users make units invisible." I liked the idea of visible units, but they were supposed to be subtle, not god awfully huge and looked like a mess of clipping errors. Instead of shrinking them down, they'll just get rid of them altogether?
    I don't see the issue with having them optional for those who wish it. It's less because they're all god-awfully huge (I really doubt that'll be the case) and more just having the choice is good for those who care about it.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

I actually like the free quest tweak thing because they made it like a free open field. Jut jump into any field you want and hang with your buddies and mash monters. Especially in the 12 man party areas.

For me I guess that makes up for PSU's multiple branching lobbies.

edit: Also I hated that "RUN THROUGH A STAGE" and if you liked that area or wanted a rare "DO IT AGAIN 40 MORE TIMES" Makes the game feel kind of static and primitive. Even if it's going through big areas like PSO.
    Last edited by NoiseHERO; Sep 30, 2011 at 02:20 PM.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.