Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

There is a clear stigma against hacking with certain groups in PS community. Many players feel that hackers are to blame for many of the negative problems associated with PSO and PSU games, and in a way, they are right. This issue is only going to blur the line between what is acceptable hacking and what isn't. What''s done is done for now, so your just gonna have to live with the consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by pspfan36 View Post
    Do you have an attack boost on as an ability or something like that?
    If you're asking me, as an ability, no. As for modules, only a Feril-Legs and a Crimson Wing.

Quote Originally Posted by Syncesta View Post
    pls stop to invite other ppl in such things like saying names who did that too
    Why not ask your demented "leader"? I've told him.

Quote Originally Posted by Isoya View Post
    My God, that's a lot of Meseta...
    Apparently you don't spend on anything unneccessary...
    Nope, just healing items, spare EX traps, and for weapon upgrades. Although I do that almost rarely now. Those were taken a bit after I reached the Meseta cap for the second time. So, at the moment, I have 80 million on hand and 25 million in storage. It's not really that much, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by vulcan300 View Post
    how can you change your name? I want to change my char's name too, even if it means I have to hack for that.
    I wouldn't really advise it, but if you must, make sure it's cool with your friends first and find someone trustworthy who can do it. Don't go through the same trouble I did.

Quote Originally Posted by MESeele View Post
    Huh, that's all? I thought you made it colourful, but you just added a last name.
    Yes, sir; That's all it takes to brand me "illegit", according to one person. Guess he's wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Noblewine View Post
    However, the reason your getting harassed about it is you used a cheat to change your name .
    I, personally, don't use any cheating devices for my PSP games. However, my buddy may have used one. So, in a way, your point's still valid.

Quote Originally Posted by pso_crash View Post
    Many players feel that hackers are to blame for many of the negative problems associated with PSO and PSU games, and in a way, they are right.
    Yep. The rest (and majority) of the problem is players asking for stat-modifying hacks.

This issue is only going to blur the line between what is acceptable hacking and what isn't.
    Seems like it's more solidifying than blurring to me. A handful of people who've responded in this thread seem to accept it.
    PSO2 Character Information:
    Ciel Di'Mattrio: F Newman, HU75/FI75/RA75/GU75/FO72/TE72/BR75/BO75
    Thalia Fortuna: F Human, FO73/TE74/BR70/BO60

So those against name changing after character creation is for the following reasons:
    - Abuse of it: One week it's Sam, now it's Mark, Luke...Perry...
    - The reliance of a "friend" for it. Sometimes friend's prank each other. Ever see the guy " Imafag" asking for a name change? Using the tempar for yourself seems pretty insinuating on being in the dark side anyway.
    - Coming in contact with hacks...We know the notion that if you enter a hacked room and not save you can pretty much reload your data pre-entrance. Now that you saved with a hack. Who knows what other hacks were used. For what does a hacker know about integrity?
    - The fact that after xx amount of levels you hate your name. Whose fault is that? Do you want help on that excalibur you sold after using the password and saving? Or the poor percentage element after saving?
    - The fact you know friends that hack...Well, I guess this makes it alright since its your friends. The thought of other people hanging out with altered data mutants seems alright.

Anyway, I think those are the primary concerns against it at this point. For me, I am just a spectator.
    The best method to avoid such hassle and debates about such issues are:
    Pick a good name at character creation
    IF for some reason you end up in this situation such as stated in this thread.
    - Have a good "friend" who will not prank you, add any other bonuses.
    - Name change as few times as possible!
    - MOST OF ALL...DEFINITELY MOST OF ALL. Have a good selection of people you party with to actually accept you after you change your name. Sure you will lose some people. *Cough* but not trolling with your favorite buddies on Dark Falz when he casts Meteor on you will not be fun. In fact, at this point in time, if you haven't developed a good relations with anyone. You will quit the game and move on. It's really the devoted online community that brings entertainment to this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Scale of Judgment View Post
    - MOST OF ALL...DEFINITELY MOST OF ALL. Have a good selection of people you party with to actually accept you after you change your name. Sure you will lose some people. *Cough* but not trolling with your favorite buddies on Dark Falz when he casts Meteor on you will not be fun. In fact, at this point in time, if you haven't developed a good relations with anyone. You will quit the game and move on. It's really the devoted online community that brings entertainment to this game.
    Agreed, you know plenty of ppl, so if you end up being ignored by a few, it shouldn't really matter...
    Become the fence that protects Rachel. Always help her, treat her kindly, and approach her 'pretending to be a friend'. But, always remember. Never give her sympathy. Don't think of her as a friend. So that one day, you will be able to turn your back on her cries when told to do so. Detest her. Because she is the girl who killed my most precious friend. -Koon from ToG

*jumps up and waves*
    I still accept you!
    Now jump into my arms so I can give you a great, big hug!
    Isoya Level: 172 VA: 30 RA: 22 HU: 6 FO: 1 Misc. weapons depending on current class type.
    Loli Level: 90 RA: 15 Laser cannon/Grenade/Axe
    Serenity Level: 78 FO: 13 Rod/Double sabers/Twin Daggers
    Life Level: 15 HU: 1 Knuckles/Twin Claws/Sword

*jumps up and waves*
    I still accept you!
    How come I see buzzers on you palms?
    =(^.^)=

Quote Originally Posted by Scale of Judgment View Post
    How come I see buzzers on you palms?
    =(^.^)=
    U-um... they're...
    My... shockers of... love?
    Isoya Level: 172 VA: 30 RA: 22 HU: 6 FO: 1 Misc. weapons depending on current class type.

*jumps up and waves*
    I still accept you!
    What''s done is done for now, so your just gonna have to live with the consequences.
    You really weren't kidding. FFFFFFF.....
    PSO2 Character Information:
    Ciel Di'Mattrio: F Newman, HU75/FI75/RA75/GU75/FO72/TE72/BR75/BO75
    Thalia Fortuna: F Human, FO73/TE74/BR70/BO60

My God, that's a lot of Meseta...
    Apparently you don't spend on anything unneccessary...
    As for me, who usually blows it off grinding some shiny new weapon, only to get a better weapon immediately after....
    And considering I have 4 accounts to use, I have a lot of spending going on...
    If you ever need meseta, spam Gemaga. Drop rates are nice there.
    PSO2 - Ship 2
    HU 65 / FI 24 / RA 60 / GU 65 / FO 65 / TE 65 / BR 12

Quote Originally Posted by JC200X View Post
    You really weren't kidding. FFFFFFF.....
    LET ME HUG YOU GODDAMMIT!

Quote Originally Posted by Emp View Post
    If you ever need meseta, spam Gemaga. Drop rates are nice there.
    Really nice. :3