Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Steve Jobs Dead

Team: Outsourced Mutiny lostinseganet's Avatar
    Lost somewhere between seganet and the grave

Unhappy Steve Jobs Dead

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/1..._n_997223.html

Damn he was one of the coolest nrrds around.
    You need good D...!? Well so do I!
    PSO 2 + D.D.R.♪, Playable Instruments, AND karaoke! Think of the Competitive Anime Conventions!Dreamcast was art, and like art it was not appreciated until it was DEAD
    I like teh magics in my melee. Not teh melee in ma magics (^_0),
    Lostinseganet: Self proclaimed Melee FOrce!

Supreme Pantless Commander SpikeOtacon's Avatar

While there are some things about the company I don't like, Jobs' passion for the personal computing revolution did wonders for the state of the industry and without him I have no doubt we'd be seeing a very, very different world of technology right now.

R.I.P.

She's a summer love in the spring, fall and winter

Well, we now know that the S in iPhone 4S stands for Steve. It is a commemorative edition. Let the stockpile and price gouge commence.

Ya had a good run, changed the world in your own way. RIP
    Tax the fucking churches.

Gripes about Apple aside...

Damn. While not entirely a surprise (considered his past health issues), I'll admit I had to double check this first. RIP.

Note to self: Short Apple stock.
    Last edited by Randomness; Oct 5, 2011 at 08:11 PM.
    Coming Soon!

While Apple pisses me off today due to its Cutthroat Marketing tactics and "Big Brother is Watching you" philosophy (from the eyes of a Corporation and not Government) his Achievements behind technology itself can't be denied.

The world has lost an innovator...One who built a company from Nothing to Something, fell to near-nothing and brought it back up on a resurgence in technological domination in not just one area of technology, but FOUR areas of technology in simultaneous fashion.

I am one of those people who I sided with Apple First, then saw them become cutthroat, then Microsoft and Finally Linux. I'd like to say the least that while I had my problems with different companies.....regardless the respect or lack thereof to such companies...

...I never wished for the people behind the ideologies on each side to never lose their lives.

Dying at the age of 56 shows a real lack of responsibility. Those who are great and can change the world should aspire to live as long as possible and truly watch over themselves. Such people are assets to the world.

It makes me sad though I oppose Apple, and don't want them to "Die Out" we now have to deal with an Imitation of a leader to take over the company and try to lead it in a new direction.

R.I.P
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

I wonder if the epitaph on his gravestone will read: "iDied"?

(Sorry, too many corny gravestone puns in Fable & Quest for Glory)

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sinue_v2 View Post
    I wonder if the epitaph on his gravestone will read: "iDied"?

(Sorry, too many corny gravestone puns in Fable & Quest for Glory)
    Dammit! why'd this make me laugh...

I'm a horrible person I guess.

Heard about his death recently, but the only other time I've heard of him prior was related to him already being sick and it causing Apple some drama.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Quote Originally Posted by Keilyn View Post
    Dying at the age of 56 shows a real lack of responsibility. Those who are great and can change the world should aspire to live as long as possible and truly watch over themselves. Such people are assets to the world.
    The man had pancreatic cancer and received a liver transplant just a few years back. I can assure you it wasn't his choice to go young and had nothing to do with any sort of personal responsibility on his part. Pancreatic cancer is absolutely brutal. I saw the effects first-hand with my own grandmother and it's not something anyone should ever have to suffer through.

Mr. Jobs, you were part of a small group of men and women who built little Silicon Valley into a global sentinal of innovation and technological innovation. It is sad to see you go but your legacy in Apple shall live on. Condolences and prayers to you, your family and friends. RIP

RIP Steve Jobs. Your life story will survive for many centuries to come.

Life certainly have a way to balance us mortals. You contribute and change the world rapidly, and you go early because of constant high level of stress; or you contribute little and change the world slowly, you live a life that will not survive the test of time.

Then there is the personal enjoyment. I hope Steve Jobs fell asleep thinking "it was a fun journey".

-----------------
    ps: don't feed the troll
    Last edited by SolRiver; Oct 6, 2011 at 04:39 AM.

May you rest in peace Mr.

PS: also, while its the new hip thing to bash on people who post with high levels of charisma and such just don't do it guys. It aint cool.

"It looks cool this way, let's stop."