Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Steve Jobs Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Tyreek View Post
    You guys hear the latest stink on this news?

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/...141530936.html

Westboro Baptist Church wants to picket his funeral. Most ironically, conspiring to lambast Job's death using his own technology. Their reason: "He's been teaching sin".

I sense some very ugly clouds approaching this situation.
    Oh the irony. If she feels that's the right way to do it, she obviously wasn't thinking in the first place.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyreek View Post
    You guys hear the latest stink on this news?

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/...141530936.html

Westboro Baptist Church wants to picket his funeral. Most ironically, conspiring to lambast Job's death while all the while, using his own technology. Their reason: "He's been teaching sin".

I sense some very ugly clouds approaching this situation.
    Westboro Baptists are little more than media whores who pick highly sensitive and high profile events to picket for the sole intention of gaining as much exposure as possible. Whether or not they earnestly believe that such exposure will spread the message of their god, or if they're just interested in generating a public profile, the means to their ends are the same. (Though I think it's more a case of the latter, since their message seems to be "it's too late for repentance" - we're just rubbing your nose in it. They even picketed the Rick Perry Prayer Rally a few weeks ago.)

The best thing we can do is to try to just ignore them.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinue_v2 View Post
    Westboro Baptists are little more than media whores who pick highly sensitive and high profile events to picket for the sole intention of gaining as much exposure as possible. Whether or not they earnestly believe that such exposure will spread the message of their god, or if they're just interested in generating a public profile, the means to their ends are the same. (Though I think it's more a case of the latter, since their message seems to be "it's too late for repentance" - we're just rubbing your nose in it. They even picketed the Rick Perry Prayer Rally a few weeks ago.)

The best thing we can do is to try to just ignore them.
    You forgot the sueing to ensure nobody can stop them part, but yeah.

The way I see it, it's not worth paying attention to them. Especially because the gospels pretty much condemn that kind of behavior - I'm pretty solidly on the side of "they're giant media whores". It would be hilarious to see them get counter-picketed with gospel quotations.
    Coming Soon!

You guys should look up rankin county vs westboro church. It was pretty funny.

Also, apparently the head of westboro was a democrat activist... I thought most democrat/liberal are atheist? Why is he running a church? Or is he an exception? Oh well, not that it matter to me.

Quote Originally Posted by SolRiver View Post
    I thought most democrat/liberal are atheist?

Look, I'm trendy! Howdy howdy howdy~

"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

Quote Originally Posted by AC9breaker View Post
    O.o
    Coming Soon!

Who is this guy again? Shadowpawn's Avatar

So many things wrong here.

lmao.

Wrong, God created Facebook!
    I don't need a signature pic, I would end up changing it all the time.