Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Running with randoms online and they disband or d/c. My main was a HUmar. I can see why people would leave. =/
    --------------------------------------------------
    Planning to replay PSP2 and prove to myself that the chaining mechanic do not slow down the pace of the combat. =/
    Planning to replay PSU (ep1 and 2) for story and gameplay, PSZ and PSP2 offline mode Only Also I'm keeping my FC for psz up though the Network Mode is closed.

Um.... I guess there was this one time I was having a cigarette while playing and the cherry fell off on to my shirt. I didn't notice at first because it landed on a wrinkle. About the time I started smelling something funny, it burned through my shirt and fell into my belly button. So in a panic I swatted at the embers and ended up shoving it further to where trying to dig it out just pressed the fire harder into my skin.

That kind of sucked. Also, that actually happened while I was fighting Olga Flow on PSO Ep I & II. There's not really a whole lot of ways things can screw up too bad while you're playing PSZero... except maybe data corruption, and I've never heard of that happening. We're not exactly dealing with NOLers and LvL 0 cheats like on PSO and PSP2 here.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

Heed this mans warning... smoking attempts to kill in more ways than one...

Back on topic, D/Cing in freeplay due to the game's frames and music deciding to freeze right before the boss sucks hardcore. Not only was it scary... but it was a 4-player party and we were so close to Humilias... with a 4-chain flozir just begging to be used.

Mystelle - Level 100 FOmarl
    ~Art by Daggart~

Me finding new armor and trying to equip the extras in the item menu. Only to find out, I deleted them.

Back to my own thread...

Got a free Garahaden Fang from a friend I play with online on PSZ when I needed to make a Hadan Bite specifically to breeze through Dark Shrine while I grind it...then after an hour, I hit the save option after "Quit Game" accidentaly after I forged a Hadan Bite with 0/32/0/0/0 with Serpent Air, which is far from what I wanted. >_>
    Last edited by Ken & Robo; Oct 31, 2011 at 11:17 PM.

I was playing through Eternal Tower over a period of about a week, making liberal use of my DS's sleep mode and charging whenever possible. I was doing very well with my FOmar, blasting through rooms and grabbing loot like there was no tomorrow. I had already found enough new items to garner several titles and was feeling pretty good about life, the universe, and everything.

I was at full HP and PP and feeling pretty confident, so I wasn't paying attention and running on habit by then. I ran into a room and immediately started charging Zonde, knowing I would take down whatever wave was coming in maybe two castings and a few bops from my rod. An arkzein appeared. "Crap" I think, "this is going to be inconvenient," but I'm not too worried since I've handled arkzeins and they're fine as long as you stay close behind them and watch out for the mines. I go straight for the thing, closing the distance as quickly as possible so it won't use its deadly... f***.

There's an explosion. The screen turns red. A number appears over my character's body but that can't be right, it's way too high. That kind of damage doesn't even exist, and I was at full HP. Something must not be right. This couldn't be happening. One shot KO. This never happened before. I didn't even know it could happen.

I stare at the screen unwilling to believe, watching Ogi, Sarisa, and Reve stand idly by as the arkzein casually tears into them. Slackjawed, I hit "Return to the city".

Of course, things turned out fine. That was the day I learned that the teleporter would take me right back to the floor I was on anyway, so all those hours of subway rides and spare moments at work weren't wasted. Plus I got new titles for taking massive damage and dying 100 times, so really it was the best possible outcome. A few minutes later I was back in the room, tearing that robot a new exhaust port. Sweet, sweet revenge.

But those first few seconds after the explosion... worst PSZ moment ever.

Yeah, dying for the first time in the Eternal Tower is pretty scary. I'm glad they decided to not be evil and let you pick up pretty much right where you left off.
    PSZ Friend Codes
    US: 4855 6582 7740
    JP: 4428 5420 9674

Check out my trade thread!