Page 4 of 81 FirstFirst 12345671454 ... LastLast

Thread: Translation WIP

Quote Originally Posted by Coldbird View Post
    Yes, the same Coldbird as back in .hack Fragment, God Eater, etc. times.
    I've been around for quite a bit...

About the .hack Fragment translation / Online Server Reconstruction, I work on it from time to time still in private, the God Eater Online testserver is still up but I haven't updated the client module for it in some time.

My online infrastructure code I passed on to Codestation to give me some room to breath for other projects and reallife.

About Kenma... I haven't heard from him in a while.

And yes, CFW will be a requirement for this patch to work, it's simply not possible technically without it...
    Even if we were to use fakesigned modules on OFW, PSP2 Infinity is a static elf executable game, which means it requires a kernel reboot to load into memory...
    If we were to use fakesigned user-code to boot it on OFW, the kernel reboot would automatically unload our translation changes...
    Thus, not possible without kernel mode executables.

@DeviFoxx: I created a new MSN account and added you there, hope you got the authorization request this time.
    God Eater Online? Please explain o.o
    Username: Blazingsonic
    PS0 Name: Sentai
    F/C: 4125-5095-5213
    F/C: 1892-2449-7676

Just a suggestion and also a question, but do you have the localized version of PSP2 Coldbird? It may help alleviate the translating if you can take the text from that game and put it in this patch for all the general stuff.

Also, regarding the Dewman class racial ability description, I noticed how simplified it was compared to the others class descriptions. I was just comparing it to the JP version and it looks like it says more. Perhaps there was something left out? I dunno, that was just a minor peeve of mine, but I'm sure DeviFoxx could help you overview that if you decide to double check translations.
    Remembering the Universe. Click below!

Quote Originally Posted by Syncesta View Post
    LOL

yea but does it works online with the patch?
    and idk if jap gm's gonna see it and ban us because we use a patch
    I'm positive it will work online. Also, I don't think Sega will ban people for having their save games converted or using an English patch. It's likely that they ban disruptive/offensive players or using stat altering cheat(high damage, pcard values, etc.)

Also Sega and most game companies rely on reported cheaters by other players before they investigate.

@blazingsonic: My strength is networking, I spent more than a year analyzing how PSPs built in adhoc library works and I coded a emulator library you can use if you have our pro-brand cfw installed.

This emulator library, when put in place of the normal adhoc library, allows you to play adhoc games online as if they were infrastructure games (no xlink kai, etc. required, just psp + wifi router).

God Eater (JPN) and lateron God Eater Burst (US) were my primary test targets, and both games have 100% compatiblity with my infrastructure adhoc emulator code.

Basically, I was trying to increase the number of online titles for PSP by emulating adhoc and succeeded.

@Tyreek: Yes I have and I play it actively online too.
    For PSP2i though I still lack the Little Wing license and I don't have 80$ spare to buy it right now either, which is why I can't whether it works online or not...

However I take text-data from PSP2 (EU) wherever I can.

About the Dewman description... I was forced to shorten it as there is only so and so much space in the textbox...
    The only thing I removed from the japanese description was "they have a dark secret inside".

Quote Originally Posted by Syncesta View Post
    LOL

yea but does it works online with the patch?
    and idk if jap gm's gonna see it and ban us because we use a patch
    please try to use the term JP instead of jap, as the later is a racial slur.

That's why I use JPN.
    Sadly I used to do that aswell before someone told me it was bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Emp View Post
    I've heard patches, like the one your making, only works with CFW. It shows no use to those that dont run CFW.
    if you dont use cfw you are just being stubborn -_-.

i still use TN-E but have been hesitant to convert to pro

sig by gama
    Justina human female Te/Hu maybe braver soon
    Shayla newman female Br/Ra
    Alisha.EXE cast female Bo/Hu
    ship 02 team:none

The supposive Gaijin Hero EvilMag's Avatar

I might sound like a noob but this will work on legit copies of Infinity right? (UMD would work?)

I do like CFW btw.
    Last edited by EvilMag; Oct 11, 2011 at 03:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    Bit off-topic, but I'm just sick and tired of "difficulty" meaning "stat boosts". It's lazy and boring.

I do hope it works with UMD, it's the only version of the game I own.

For a long while I've been using 6.39 PRO-8B and recently updated to 6.60 PRO, works the same but the recovery menu is onlu accessible by puahing Select on the XMB and slecting the recovery menu from there. Hopefully 6.60 PRO works with RJL it would always freeze with 6.39.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

RJL freezes on you?
    I didn't have any problems with it so far...

Maybe you are using a outdated copy of the plugin?

As for UMD support, yes of course it will, you load it up as a normal plugin into the cfw and it will turn your game english, no matter if UMD, ISO or PSN EBOOT.