Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

Wow, what a blast to the blast. I still have one of those issues laying around somewhere. What a treat this is to reflect back on!
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!

So glad everyone likes these!
    I will continue posting more of them as I go thru the collection finding things. Stuff like this should be preserved.

Now, for anyone who argues "Well they never advertised PSU in the USA..." you can site this ad here, which appeared in EGM at least 1 time. It's a 2 page spread, with 2 full pages so it was likely rather spendy.

and

It's a decent ad too, because it has actual screenshots of the game play, and not just only some CG mumbo jumbo so you can tell what the graphics really are going to look like when you buy it. Plus they've captioned them too, and show a part of story mode going on.

It also had the website, release date, all of what the boxes would look like on shelves and what all it'd be for. I don't know what "Now for the first time with single player and online gameplay!" means...well yes this was psu1, so its the first time for ANYthing? PSO had offline singleplayer too, but oh well if the ad sold games.

Looked good when i saw it years ago, Only to realize the truth, just like movie ads. -3-

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Hay shaddap! I'll never regret the 3 years of my teenage life PSU stole from me!

Even playing PSO prior PSU was still felt worth all the hype that there wasn't a lot of outside of my imagination and this community!

*FLAMEFEST*

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Dreams of surfing rappies NegaTsukasa's Avatar

Cool

Mind if I share? I finally got around to taking snap shots of some of my DC magazine's! ^.^
    If you can read Japanese, all power to ya.

Cover: This issue was released in 2002.
    Spoiler!

A few pics of about 6 or so pages worth of stuff.

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

This one was an ad from a 2001 DC magazine I have.
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by NegaTsukasa; Jan 11, 2012 at 07:31 PM.

These are great!
    Yes, sharing stuff like this is exactly the point of the topic. I do hope more turns up, who knows what all lurks in people's magazine collections around the world.

Here goes another thing, funny this time:
    EGM had in the back pages of the magazine an area called "Grudge Match" where they would do 2 things "VS" eachother on various wierd/irrelevent topics, and then "decide" the winner based on the bunch of wacky stuff they chose. Usually it'd be 2 somewhat-similar games going against eachother, but they weren't afraid to use any media (obviously here with this)

This one is a "Mr Universe Contest" ...but not in the expected way.

But "girlie"? More like 'averagey' if they're regarding Ethan. And WTH is that top guy up there a football harpoon cyborg with the worlds' most 1-function non-arm? That show must have been bonkers. Naturally, PSU wins (or I suspect there would of been outrage)