Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
    Reclusive, indefinitely. RLbitClassica's Avatar

Default PSO2 Should Come Out on Wii-U.

I think there needs to be a Phantasy star game for the wii u, but not necessarily PSO2. The options presented with the touch screen are really appealing:

-Chatting with the touch screen and stylus(anyone who plays phantasy star zero will tell you how awesome that is)
    -Using it as a more intuitive way to create/edit your character
    -Free-aim shooting with the gyroscope for rangers
    -Map display
    -Quick access menu for items

There are so many things that can be done with the wii u controller that it seems like a bad idea to NOT make a phantasy star game for the wii u.
    When life gives you lemons, suck on them.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Does Nintendo even know what an online community IS?

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Quote Originally Posted by RLbitClassica View Post
    I think there needs to be a Phantasy star game for the wii u, but not necessarily PSO2. The options presented with the touch screen are really appealing:

-Chatting with the touch screen and stylus(anyone who plays phantasy star zero will tell you how awesome that is)
    -Map display

There are so many things that can be done with the wii u controller that it seems like a bad idea to NOT make a phantasy star game for the wii u.
    Why did you bump this thread?
    Nintendo Switch: 5668-1176-9106

Quote Originally Posted by RLbitClassica View Post

-Map display

Necro-bump, much?

...But anyway, there are plenty of things that Wii U's tablet controller could be used for. Saying that it's a bad idea not to make a Phantasy Star game for it... Is a little pre-emptive, don't you think?

I mean, look at how many games for the 3DS got outright canceled after the system's launch back in March completely bombed. Of course Nintendo needs software to sell the hardware (which has always been their mantra, despite ironically, the lack of software anyone cared about is what drove 3DS sales into the ground before the unprecedented price drop), but you might also notice that by and large, developers of AAA games have been avoiding the Wii like the plague, and pretty much the only developers that haven't abandoned ship on the 3DS are the ones that are either owned by or moneyhatted by Nintendo to keep the thing afloat.

I could go on about what needs to happen with the Wii U, but suffice it to say, it'd actually be a much smarter option to go with the two platforms that actually matter in this generation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michaeru View Post
    Does Nintendo even know what an online community IS?
    A loosely-associated set of anonymous peers that can only reliably play with one another through arrangements made outside of the relevant service.

That's their definition, anyway.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

Next thing you know, they will make it a launch title with the rumor Dreamcast 2!!!!!!

Happy birthday......to you!
    Yeah.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

I could of sworn this was a thread of it's own... Either the mods quickly merged it for some reason or I was completely spaced out. Probably the latter.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Quote Originally Posted by Alnet View Post
    I don't.

I still think it should be PC-only, given that it'll be easier to unify the worldwide servers, should that ever happen.
    Unified world servers? HA. nice wish ain't happenin. Unless the game is f2p it will NEVER be unified world wide.

Fuck that shit, this is our last chance to actually get some decent support in a PS game.

Stop buying e-machines or stop whining for lazy console ports.

Decent support falls on the company not what it's made on. I'm sorry but Sega has always been shitty regardless of platform.
    And the system requirements are for a e-machine to be honest. :P
    Where you guys get this delusion that because it's on PC it will magically change their attitude is beyond me.
    It's nice to want things, but you have not held Sega to the fire.

LOOKING FOR AUSSIES SageAtlasEllimirri's Avatar

i think nintendo know about this and are pressing the issue. without online content the wii u will fail, as much as i would love pso2 to be on wii u and there will be a need for rpgs on it, i dont think it will.