Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 512131415161718 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorShanks View Post
    That would get really annoying really fast, no offense.
    I was just kidding.
    F.C. #1 - 0346-1712-9688
    F.C. #2 - 3953-9438-3932

Time Zone - U.S. Central

Trade List - http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175354

Renamed the build as Evil RAcast. On a more serious note, I think I'll start writing my HUcaseal plan now while I'm sitting around doing nothing. Glad to see this thread so alive again.

I think I'm going to make another little addition as well. Since we're already on page 15, I think I'll put the page number that each overview was originally posted on beside the PSOW name of each creator. So that way if anyone wants to locate the original untampered version, they can do that with ease.

EDIT: Done with the page numbers. If anyone locates any errors, please let me know.
    Last edited by DoctorShanks; Jan 2, 2012 at 04:41 PM.

Mystelle - Level 100 FOmarl
    ~Art by Daggart~

I have not really updated my FO-HUnewm part of my character. I think I will update it within the next few days ^_^

Norco   Prins Erik    RA-421

Class: HUmarl
    Area: Universal
    Weapon: Double Sabers/Swords/Sabers/Handgun
    Mag: 100/0/0/0, Ruffian, Granir, Radam
    Materials:100 Power
    Armor: Carabinier Armor
    Units:
    -Divine Power
    -Divine Power
    -Divine Power
    -Compress PA
    Palette:
    1.Normal Attack
    2.Dodge Roll
    3.Heavy Attack
    4.Resta
    5.Shifta
    6.Difluid

I decided to post this because there isn't one up for HUmarl yet. As you can see I have Power power power. The primary reason that shes getting the shaft. She's my first character I liked her ascetically yellow and black with matching Radam mag really makes her stick out from a crowd and personally I think it looks better than Cast+Radam. Anyway we're not here to talk about looks. With a distinct lack of evasion I heavily favor Double Sabers over Daggers while using a HUmarl. I used my Clair Doubles all the time on her both because they're a big damage dealer and it looked really awesome with my character. I also used a series of Morgenlotes with a verity of different %s. What I don't understand about Double Sabers is why everyone likes Million Rave, which I feel not only makes you extremely vulnerable to enemy attacks it also has to be carefully deployed to get the full effect. Tornado Dance is easily my favorite PA for Double sabers letting you manipulate enemy positions effectively, and pairs better with Normal/Normal/Heavy/Charge PA. Just my two cents there... Sabers I like to deploy a heavy lvl5 Zalure which is better then even lvl 15 Zalure spell, if I'm not in a group I will often hit the Zalure then switch to double sabers for heavy damage against many of the large enemies. Easily an under valued strategy that can add hefty damage to problem boosted monsters or any arena. There's not much point to it in a group online but solo it probably makes HUmarls and HUmars some of the more effective classes in the game. Swords...yadda yadda, Over-End, yadda, yadda, Bosses. Handguns...Blah blah...Rouge Pulse...Blah blah...Flame Hit...Blah...Range. Ruffian on my mag is actually there by choice. There's Multiple different ways for the mag to employ a Lvl 15 Shifta on you personally that I loved while soloing. It has a higher revival chance than Cautious and move chances for a large offensive boost. As opposed to the better chance for a lvl 10 boost that I can just cast on myself. I use Granir I like it here over Flozir simply for the double Arkzein rooms in Arca or the Tower. I just blow it off and keep going on my day. I use Difluids over PP recovery lvl5, Without natural recovery I don't see much point in avoiding the use of fluids when you'll use them at least occasionally.

Anyway, with all that out of the way...I'm deleting my HUmarl in favor of a HUcast, I would rather be dealing the most melee damage out of anyone in my group rather than a weaker second in line with support that is outclassed easily by any Force.

Element Boost delivers a far better boost to damage than Divine/Power on anything that isn't Celeb 5 or Life.

While Million Rave isn't the best of PA's it is the best Double Saber PA. It has decent area with most hits hitting the same area. Tornado Dance has a crappy area seeing as its AoE moves, and can leave enemies behind meaning hitting multiple enemies for maximum damage requires even more ridiculous positioning.

Also I have no idea how anything survives long enough for even E.Level 5 Zalure to even matter. The damage from Celeb 5 would by far outstrip whatever extra damage that can give. Or even just using Celeb 3 + 1 Double Sabers from the start instead of this whole weapon switching stuff.
    Phantasy Star Ø: Classic HUmarl (100) / Wand/Rod HUcaseal (8x) / Classic RAcaseal (100)

I recently re-bought PSZ to go along with my new 3DS so I thought I would share the FOmar I ran with till I sold the game back in 09. If I remember correctly I got him to level 96. I plan on using this build again, the only difference is that I want to trade out the Dragon Horn and Dragon Wing for a Iros and Spirit Garment. I also plan using a Mind Mag + Tech centric units for some bosses. Bold gear are wish list only.

Name: Swiss Army FO

Class: FOmar

Area: All

Weapons: Cleb 4 Fenir (Air Ride) / Claire Doubles (Millon Rave) + Cleb 4 Iros (Linear Shave)
    Equips for Valley, Paru, Plant and Dark Shrine

Cleb 4 Rouge Pulse (Flame hit) + Cleb 3 Black Hawks / Crimson Vis (Cool Style)
    Equips for Snowfield, Swamp and Caves

White Disaster / Psycho Wand (Any)

Mags: 50/0/50/0, Eccentric , Granir, Ansul

1/0/0/99 Eccentric, Granir, Black bodied Chato

Materials:100 Power

Armor: Spirit Garment (with White Disaster) / Noble Cloak (with Psycho Wand)

Units:

Power or Mind Unit

Power Unit or Tech Save Lv 3

Element Boost or PP Recovery Lv 5

Compress PA

Palette: Varies depending on area.

Like the build title suggest, this build makes for arguably the most versatile character build in the game. As some people might guess this build is some what hard to play, because knowing when to weapon switch is the key to providing the best performance. Though the build is pretty much a straight power build, the FOmars, Lv 15 Tech cap, Tech boost, and tech weapon selection still allowed him to deal significant tech damage at base MST.

I carried two sets of ATP based weapons, one melee and one ranged, and would switch it up depending on what area I would run. In online play Zalure and Shifta was a must to have a good hit rate and deal the most damage. I would mainly use the ATP based weapons but for the main boss fights I would pretty much go full on Support/Tech Spam which is why I added the tech mag and units.

Also, I really like the PB Granir due to its high damage and chance for instant kill.

And yes, I realize that this build is far from optimal, but I remember having a lot having a PSO styled FOmar.

well... I'm only a level 24 HUnewearl since I only started playing (I'm at the Dark Shrine), but at the moment my palette setup looks like this:

1. Resta
    2. Dodge Roll
    3. Normal Attack, thinking of switching to Heavy Attack. I spam PA often..
    4. Shifta (or sometimes a healing potion instead during a boss battle, to be extra cautious)
    5. Difluid
    6. Anti (just in case someone dies on me, to get them back into battle quickly every time)

(I'm not awesome enough at this game yet to do the L+Start, Down, Down, Down, A, A, Down, A, A, Start shortcut to get to my fluids. Eventually I'll free up that Pallette slot... for Deband maybe, but not sure yet)

Only Lv21, but there are no HUcaseal palettes. Note that this is a work in progress:

Class: HUcaseal
    Area: Universal
    Weapon: Sword (haven't found anything else with good photons yet, really)
    Mag: 33/0/0/0 / Granir / Playful (aiming for Power/Dex, Flozir, Fickle build)
    Materials: 80 Power most likely
    Armor: No Idea
    Units: No Idea
    -
    -
    -
    -
    Palette:
    1. Normal Attack
    2. Heavy Attack
    3. Roll
    4. Monomate/Dimate
    5. Heal Trap
    6. Heat Trap (may switch to Freeze Trap if swaming becomes an issue)

Playing through Story Mode basically. CASTs are fairly simple. Sword's accuracy leaves something to be desired but HUcaseal's latent ATA makes up for it. The wide arc makes it easy to clear some rooms though I'm looking to branch into other types/PAs once I find some good weapons. The shop and drops aren't really supporting my playstyle yet.
    How can I possibly put a new idea into your heads, if I do not first remove your delusions?

Worgen Pride Biatch!!! Clavat99's Avatar
    On Eternal Towers 101st floor, sitting on Heavens Mother's mutilated corpse, taking in the view...

-Name: Mikearoe
    -Level: 92
    -Class: HUcast
    -Specialization: DPS
    -Secondary Spec: Tank
    -Weapon-of-Choice: Stag Cutlery (Fortified Native =15%, Max Grind)
    -Armor: Carabinier Armor (Max Grind)
    --Slot 1: Master/Guard
    --Slot 2: Master/HP
    --Slot 3: Heat Protect
    --Slot 4: HP Recovery Lv 2
    -Mag: Radam (LV 100 pure ATP, Fickle, Granir)

-Secondary Arsenal:
    --DrawAinsraiffe (Max Grind, Fortified Native +15%)===For Extra ATP
    --Bloody Gimlet (Max Grind, Fortified Native +15%)===For Extra ATA/against many enemies
    --ZalureLavateinn (Max Grind, Fortified Native +10%)===For When Melee is Useless

-Secondary Armor:
    --Tank Suit:
    ---Slot 1: Master/Guard
    ---Slot 2: Master/Guard
    ---Slot 3: Master/Guard
    ---Slot 4: Resist All Lv 4
    --DPS Suit:
    ---Slot 1: Master/Power
    ---Slot 2: Master/Power
    ---Slot 3: Master/Hit
    ---Slot 4: Master/PP

In Addition to the stuff i listed above, I have Weapons and Armor/Slots stored away in my trunk for just about any situation. The items i listed above are ones i keep on me at all times, and i have gotten really good at blasting through the menus to switch suits in the middle of combat to fit the scenario. I always keep the default palette for page 1, but i have Dimate, Difluid, and Telepipe hotkeyed on page 2. The telepipe is there for quick escapes if im getting overwhelmed. I cant tell you how many of the deaths of my "Indomitable Spirit" title have been because of inability to restock on mates really quickly. Because im using D-sabers or daggers most of the time, i almost always chain 2 normal hits, then using heavy attack on the third, i have a better chance of hitting with it that way and deals a lot more damage since chain 3 of those weapons deals 3 hits. When i play in a group, i am usually the tank and have excelled at keeping enemies on me while my allies pound on them. Ive also got my main gear set up so i can balance dps and tanking into one.
    Last edited by Clavat99; Jan 4, 2012 at 01:58 PM.
    .:Soldiers of Eternity Guild Leader:.
    HUcasts FTW
    For all Elder Scrolls IV players: The Gates of Oblivion
    Check out my epic RPG at: http://starscapeng.webs.com

Quote Originally Posted by Clavat99 View Post
    -Specialization: DPS
    [...]
    -Weapon-of-Choice: Stag Cutlery
    Why Stag Cutlery, if I may ask? Have you not found any better 6 or 7* double sabers yet?
    PSZ Friend Codes
    US: 4855 6582 7740
    JP: 4428 5420 9674

Check out my trade thread!