Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Soul Calibur V

Default Soul Calibur V

I haven't been a big fan of the series since Soul Calibur II on the GameCube and that one featured Link as the guest character. Among hearing this:

It certainly piqued my interest. I do hope that they will bring about other guest characters relating or not to the console they're on, like how during SCII, Link for Nintendo, Heihachi for PS2, and Spawn for Xbox.

The setting this time, is 17 years after the events in SCIV.
    Last edited by blace; Oct 23, 2011 at 04:27 AM.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

This guy alone would make me buy the game if I haven't accepted the fact that I'm just garbage at fighting games.

ID: Haseyo FO
    Character: Roll Caskett | Ship: 02
    Character: Hsien-Ko | Ship: 02

This game is just sexy. Just need to not do what they did with 4. Because 4 had no replay ability if you don't have online mode. CHRONICLES OF SWORDS. Or atleast the Map Adventure mode in 1 and 2 :P

Thanks to Vashyron =D!

See, all I care about is that they fix the terrible online input lag and add to the already-great create-a-fighter system. The rest is all gravy as far as I'm concerned.

And I really hope Lizardman returns...

Yes, everything about SCV looks beautiful so far.

Ezio being the guest character is all right, I suppose. Better than some other choices they could have made. I hope his alternate outfit is the black cloak from Revelations.

As for button input lag, all the times I've played SCIV with my friends, I have never had that problem, save for one time where we were both lagging.

I wish they'd show the Character Creation menus, as that's a major selling point for me, obviously. Now, I never played SCIII (never owned a PS2), but I heard that it's character creation was, in a way, better than the character creation in SCIV. Ohh, when my friend told me that you could change lip color in SCIII, I wanted to punch a wall. Usually you keep adding things, not taking them out, Namco. Thanks.

All in all, I'm excited for this game, even though I'm only semi-decent at Soul Calibur. I like the style Soul Calibur has over other fighting games, and how it's a lot more accessible to people that suck at every other fighting game out there, like me.
    Last edited by BIG OLAF; Oct 23, 2011 at 11:01 AM.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

I miss Link.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

If by "better" they mean "full of clipping errors, bizarre half-done movesets and lacking physical customization", then yes, SCIII's was "better".

As far as I'm concerned, Soul Calibur IV's inclusion of physique infinitely improved it and automatically makes it superior to Soul Calibur III's. I mean, yeah, having more slots to stick stuff in is nice and all, but you're just dressing up the same underlying doll throughout. At least with the physique sliders you can actually change up the silhouette.

As long as it's on (or above) the level of SCIV's creation, and has lip color options, I'm all set to go.

Link was the sole reason I bought SCII. Ezio will be the sole reason I buy SCV. I wonder if he comes with an Altair costume.

some matches.

++++++----------"." Xe's Sanctuary 09/28/2016----------- Youtube's profile "."----------++++++
    wallies edited: 4500_|_G.O.L.D.E.N_|_sigs created: 1055