Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

Default GTA V announced!

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/10/25/gr...s-a-thing-now/

Pretty much nothing detailed on the game, other than we know it exists. Also, I noticed that it's in a dollar kind of texture, wondering if it will have to do with a richer person this time.

This might be the first GTA game I partake it. I was going to get IV, But other games took priority over it, and by the time I could have gotten it, I was over it.

I'll be looking to get V, though. Hopefully I get around to it this time.

There's going to be a trailer next Wednesday if I heard correctly?

Rumors suggest it's going to take place in Los Santos from San Andreas (essentially Los Angeles) and have multiple player characters:

http://kotaku.com/5853279/grand-thef...ple-characters

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Wow I just got GTA IV

Also I was looking for this game's existence out of curiosity a couple weeks ago.

Hope they take reference from the movie drive, then add more 80's throwback music.
    Last edited by NoiseHERO; Oct 25, 2011 at 05:06 PM.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Quote Originally Posted by Outrider View Post
    Rumors suggest it's going to take place in Los Santos from San Andreas (essentially Los Angeles)
    Shame. I would have liked to see what they could have done with a fictionalized Chicago setting. Especially since they have their own unique and independent mafia element tracing it's roots back to the iconic Al Capone which has a lot of alliances and conflicts with other mafia outfits, such as the five families that Liberty City's mafia is based on - not to mention the Outlaws, a motorcycle gang that's in competition with the Hell's Angels. Not to mention we have that lovely breed of midwestern ignorance and hate based violent groups with some pretty active chapters in the area, such as the KKK and Neo-Nazis. I don't remember them having any kind of real presence in a GTA game before. Tom Metzger even has an underground radio program called the Insurgency they could spoof.

That, and I'd like to see a sandbox game based around somewhere close to where I live and that I'm already familiar with. The closest anyone's gotten so far is Splinter Cell: Essentials, which isn't a sandbox game, but does have a level that takes place in Warsaw, Indiana.

It's a pretty small town, so I probably went to high school with some of those poor fucks he's gunning down.
    Last edited by Sinue_v2; Oct 25, 2011 at 06:02 PM.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinue_v2 View Post
    Shame, I would have liked to see what they could have done with a fictionalized Chicago setting. Especially since they have their own unique and independent mafia element tracing it's roots back to the iconic Al Capone. That, and I'd like to see a sandbox game based around somewhere close to where I live and that I'm already familiar with.

The closest anyone's gotten so far is Splinter Cell: Essentials, which isn't a sandbox game, but does have a level that takes place in Warsaw, Indiana.

Splinter Cell Essentials Walkthrough - Steel Factory, Warsaw, Indiana, U.S.A (1/2) - YouTube

It's a pretty small town, so I probably went to high school with some of those poor fucks he's gunning down.
    This is true I wouldn't complain with a chicago, you'd think dark knight, a couple scenes from spiderman 2 and obama would've given that city more popularity.

Either way since it's going back to california, I hope they make the San Francisco area a little more interesting. It felt kind of bland and moody in SA. Of course I'm sure a slightly more modern San Fierro would be interesting as well.

I would say they should add an MP3 player or something but that'd kind of spoil a player's favorite songs in the game... Dunno if GTA4 had one, didn't get that far.

I always knew GTA5 existed. It would have been dumb to not continue. but besides the rhetorical response, CAN'T WAIT!

Thanks to Vashyron =D!

I guess wondering if a next GTA will exist is like wondering if a nintendo will make a new mario...

Awww yeah, back to Los Santos, I'm loving the very possibility of that.