Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default PSVita Release: Feb 22nd

Well folks, the wait is over. Sony has announced that the PlayStation Vita will be hitting shelves February 22nd at retailers in the US, Canada, Latin America and Europe. In addition to all your favorite gaming titles and a pocket filled with 512MB of RAM, you'll be able to chat it up with your fellow assassins cross-game or via Facebook, Foursquare, Skype and Twitter. If that's not enough, the 5-inch OLED display, dual analog sticks, dual cameras, and front and rear touch panel should be enough get you amped for a Call of Duty campaign on the handheld device. Keep in mind: this bad boy will sport 3G from AT&T for $299 or you can snag the WiFi-only model for $249. If you're looking for more details, hit that source link below.
    Source: Engadget

This is good news. I cant wait to pick up my own Vita. I have 110 dollars in store credit saved up for this baby.
    PSO2 - Ship 2
    HU 65 / FI 24 / RA 60 / GU 65 / FO 65 / TE 65 / BR 12

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Veerrrryyy interesting...

Still not even sure if I want a 3DS though, let alone one of these...

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

I posted this on another site, but this what I found for the 3G enabled model.

From what I've seen, the 3G connection will be provided by AT&T, and offer several payment plans.

Here's an excerpt from a site that was at Tokyo Game Show 2011:

For ¥980 ($12), the 20-hour plan offers 20 hours of gaming. Those 20 hours must be used within a 30-day window.

For ¥4980 ($63), the 100-hour plan will offer 103 hours of gaming that must be used over the course of 180 days.

If your hours are not used during the set time period, they will become invalid.

After that set time period is up, PS Vita users have 14 days to decide if they want to continue buying more hours. When you initially sign up, you must pay ¥2100 ($27). If you decide not to continue after this 14-day window, you must pay that ¥2100 again if you decide to buy hours in the future.
    But that's just Japan's services, may vary by region. And further down in that article it's credit payment.

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2011/09/the...rows-in-japan/
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

Ill most likely pick up the vita later on that year.

Quote Originally Posted by blace View Post
    I posted this on another site, but this what I found for the 3G enabled model.

From what I've seen, the 3G connection will be provided by AT&T, and offer several payment plans.

Here's an excerpt from a site that was at Tokyo Game Show 2011:

For ¥980 ($12), the 20-hour plan offers 20 hours of gaming. Those 20 hours must be used within a 30-day window.

For ¥4980 ($63), the 100-hour plan will offer 103 hours of gaming that must be used over the course of 180 days.

If your hours are not used during the set time period, they will become invalid.

After that set time period is up, PS Vita users have 14 days to decide if they want to continue buying more hours. When you initially sign up, you must pay ¥2100 ($27). If you decide not to continue after this 14-day window, you must pay that ¥2100 again if you decide to buy hours in the future.
    But that's just Japan's services, may vary by region. And further down in that article it's credit payment.

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2011/09/the...rows-in-japan/
    I guess 3G model is a waste to get. Plus 100 hours of gameplay for only 63 dollars? 100 hours wont even last me a whole week.

Everyone is better off getting a Wifi only version.
    PSO2 - Ship 2

Eagerly awaiting Eva 3.0 MESeele's Avatar

I heard the battery life on the new handhelds are supposed to be really terrible. You guys hear anything like that?

Quote Originally Posted by MESeele View Post
    I heard the battery life on the new handhelds are supposed to be really terrible. You guys hear anything like that?
    My tech friends on another forum I visit told me the battery life on the Vita is equal to that of the life of 3DS battery.
    PSO2 - Ship 2

Quote Originally Posted by MESeele View Post
    5-7 hours, I'll need to recheck that though.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

Still better battery life than the Sega Nomad.

I think I'll hold off on buying one until either a new model that allows you to access the battery is available, or until at least someone else cracks the case and can determine how much of a pain in the ass it is to replace. Considering the shortened battery life, it would have been nice to be able to buy a spare to keep handy. Not to mention that a shorter battery life means you'll be charging it more often, and more charging cycles is going to increase the rate at which the battery's maximum capacity will deprecate.

I really don't relish the idea of being four years down the road and only getting 1 1/2 ~ 2 hours out of a charge.
    Last edited by Sinue_v2; Oct 19, 2011 at 09:02 PM.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

I've never been a big PSP fan, but I hope the Vita finds traction in the west and keeps it. Something in me just doesn't like the idea of iPhone games driving out the more traditional handhelds.