Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Play a game your really good at and zone out. Before you know it youll be like in the old pso days running agains the wall.

I prefer it pitch black and soundless.
    Small fans are ok and cats are something i can´t silence. DX

When í´m trying to sleep though, i try not to think at all.

Although, i gotta love waking up freezing in the morning.
    Last edited by darkante; Nov 1, 2011 at 01:36 PM.
    [PSO2] Darkante: Cast HU-44/RA-43/FI-42/GU-30
    Astral Storm: Newman F HU-35
    [PSP2:I]
    RB3 - Dark Knight "Ante" : Cast M Lv 200/ JLv Hu50/Ra50/F30/Va46
    RB3 - Crimson Sky: Beast F Lv 174/ JLv Hu34/Ra18/Fo1/Va50
    RB0 - Zone Dynamite: Beast M Lv 76/ JLv Hu0/Ra7/Fo0/Va0

If I can't sleep, one thing works everytime for me. I put the 'Morning View' album by Incubus on. The album's so relaxing for me that it does help me drift off.

Aside from that, I just try and think of something that isn't 'I can't sleep'. The album works wonders for me though

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)

My methods usually involve thinking about past novels I've read or zoning out when I play my PSP. Sometimes I would have my phone run a song on repeat for a while until I fall asleep, and the songs I use are either this:

Or:

The resounding strikes from the piano makes it a bit difficult to sleep to, but it has worked for me on occasion.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

I try and recall what I've learned from yoga classes from high school.
    There was this one position called the deadman's rest (?). Where you'd have to lay on your back. Arms out slightly more than shoulder width. Palms up.
    Have calm music in background to help control your breathing.
    As time goes on, your breathing slows down. And every time you exhale, you let go of your worries & just concentrate on a focus. (like a void as you've said).
    This usually works for me.
    PSZ: DECOY! (HUcaseal)
    PSZ: Kelemvorite (RAmar)
    PSZ: Troubadour (FOnewmn)
    Friend Code: 3610 2919 6664

I work and work until I'm about to pass out and then I slump into my bed and am asleep within minutes.

I've been like this for about a year now and it's kind of slowly killing me, but on the plus side you don't really have to worry about insomnia anymore!

I do like putting on some music in the background when I'm actually awake enough to enjoy it when I climb into bed. Generally it's something relaxing or a "comfort" album. (Y'know what I mean; one of those albums you've had for years that you can listen to over and over again? That kind of album.)

The stereo I had in high school was great for this, since it had a sleep timer on it. That way it would actually turn itself off when I fell asleep. Nowadays I don't have a stereo in my bedroom, so I wind up playing music from my phone, which is pretty lame.

• Cover your self in blankets & Covers. (It may seem hot but to some people, But some cant sleep without it.)

• Think of dream topics. (It works once you get the hang of it.)

• Music. (Like everyone says, it works like a charm. Only problem is you need to find the Genre that actually makes you fall asleep.)

• Count things with your eyes shut. (Dunno if this works actually but its worth a shot right?

• Bleed your eyes out with bright light. (Sometimes it doesnt work and the other half it does. Like your computer monitor? Set it high and close your eyes. Feel that? Now do it again only this time, in bed.)

And last but not least,

• If all else fails, Drink hot milk. (Theres just something in it that just makes you feel nice and good for a nap. Somehow.)

Usually, a couple shots of whiskey will do the trick.

Otherwise, if I just can't get to sleep, there's some techniques used to elicit lucid dreams that I use wherein you don't have to lose consciousness in order to fall asleep. These help sometimes if what's keeping me from going to sleep is mental rather than physiological. The only problem is that I might have to do this two or three times, since at the moment of transition as you fall asleep I sometimes get the sensation of free falling through my bed into a void which causes a "hypnic jerk" that startles me back awake.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

Eagerly awaiting Eva 3.0 MESeele's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sinue_v2 View Post
    Otherwise, if I just can't get to sleep, there's some techniques used to elicit lucid dreams that I use wherein you don't have to lose consciousness in order to fall asleep.
    Interesting. Which particular techniques do you make use of? I only know of the 'focus on an empty picture frame, picture yourself entering it' one.