Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scyris View Post
    1. Will Sega actually be smart this time and have proper security for accounts and stuff?
    Not enough info, but my guess is "no".

2. Class Balance
    Class balance is one of the most difficult things to do in a game. I want you to tell me of one game that gave you a gameplay desision, and tell me that it doesn't matter which path you chose. So, class balance is still going to be bad. But chances are, since they have more experience by now, it won't be as bad as before.

3. I wonder how easly it will be to make a private server of pso2, for the US version when invariably the US versions population will hack the game to the point they shut it down.
    If things are done right, it should be impossible to make a private server, and there will be no need to. Considering this, it's in Sega's best interest to make sure this DOESN'T happen.
    However, people become better at programming as technology gets better. Give it 5 years, and I'm sure fans will have a private server if they want one.

4. Any idea if its gonna be f2p or subscription? I think overall it'd prob be best if it was f2p, due to the fact they tend to make more money in the long run and if their security is good against hacking and such, the game can have a long life.
    Why is this a worry? It's just a detail. f2p probably will be best, but that doesn't really have much impact on the game as a whole.

5. FOCast.. ermm.. ok thats all I can say on that heh.
    Glad you agree that it's a great idea.

What I meant by what i said was based on the pso lore (Not psu) Casts cannot use techs. because they have no organic elements, and that was supposed to be a part of it somehow.. Unless I got this wrong but thats how I always understood it.
    Oh, you said more on that. Well then, techs are generally defined as a reaction created by performing certain actions. Anyone can perform these actions, meaning anyone can be a force. There is no real lore reason for androids not being able to cast techs, besides not knowing how to (not being advanced enough).

6. The SYnth system.. I hope the game has drops like PSO did, but you can still synth stuff if you wish. I hated the synth system in psu because it was no fun getting a rare that was a synth board only for it to fail like every single time. The synth system IMO is partly what killed psu. It just was no fun having to craft stuff all the time with the huge fail rates they had, and if it was a melee weapon well, even if it worked most of the time the elemental percent was so low that the weapon was weaker than a high ele % B/A-rank weapon.
    Again worrying about details. The synth system doesn't suck because of basic details that can easily be changed. But regardless, I believe they're going back to a drop system, since PSU was pretty much the only game to do synthing anyway.

7. Will they be bringing back the lolibots? I used to love taking my PM into combat, or rather will they have the single player team system where you invite npc's to join you??
    lolibots are uncomfirmed, and highly unlikely. PMs were replacements for mags, and mags are being reintroduced. It might be true that mags can be made similar to PMs, but it might be strange to see a little girl float behind your character.

Don't worry so much on details. PSO2 is going to be its own game. Don't compare it to PSO or PSU, or any offshoots. Take it as its own game, and enjoy it for what it is.

From Sakai, dude in charge of making the game:
    "PSO2 is not a sequel but rather the legitimate successor to PSO."

Translation: whole new game that's inspired by PSO and PSU.

Read up all on what's already out, stop thinking ahead, and worry about something else until more info is released

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anon_Fire View Post
    @Scyris: Need I remind you that PSO2 is intended to be the successor to Phantasy Star Online.
    They already confirmed they weren't trying to build a "loltruesequeltopso2" PSO2 is it's own game in the PS series.

edit: oh wow there was a page 2, either I got super ninja posted or I didn't see the second page.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Meh either way Pso2 is a for sure buy for me . I still play pso-bb on the ******** server since the US server no longer exists anymore. Hope I don't get in trouble for mentioning that. I'm sick of all these wow clones like swtor, and most mmo's that have come out since wow's release. Pso2 will be a welcome change for me. I plan to pre-order when I can.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

And I swear they said synthing will be improved... Which would mean it's confirmed to still be in the game.

I don't remember if they stopped talking about it all together though.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Would be nice if the drop system was like phantasy star portable 2, I've gotten some 56% element weapons from drops, and they drop alot.

If this game was any good, it will have a weapon system that is nothing like PSP2

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

I'm seriously hoping they get rid of the percentage drops. It was just a huge pain in PSU. Working hard for the newest, shiniest drop only to get a weapon that's inferior to the common items everyone already has was not fun. Not to mention having to switch weapons depending on the enemy, meaning you don't have the space to switch weapons depending on the situation.
    I just want a single target weapon, aoe, and ranged. I don't want single, aoe, and ranged for every element. Juggling 3-5 weapons is fine, and rather fun once you get good at it. Juggling 18-30 is not.

Getting weapons based on achievements was fun though. Beat story mode? Aquire angel wings. Do a ton of damage in one hit? Aquire axe. Collect 80% of the knuckle types? Aquire new knuckle.
    Mind you, that one weapon which requires you getting every achievement in the game was kinda rediculous, considering one of them requires you to do 50 (250?) local-area games (when I don't know anyone who even has a PSP).

Would be nice if the drop system was like phantasy star portable 2, I've gotten some 56% element weapons from drops, and they drop alot.
    Actually it is like PSP2/Infinity.

"Item drops are decided on a character-by-character basis."
    "Each character can get different drops."
    Last edited by Anon_Fire; Nov 4, 2011 at 01:32 PM.
    Nintendo Switch: 5668-1176-9106

you do know that these %s were in pso also right? native, altered beast, machine, dark, and hit. unless you were on ep1 it was the same deal just with an inferior palette. i agree 6 elements is too meny to juggle but 4 should be just fine by me. maybe they should make a system were you add %s somehow AFTER you find the item to avoid being trolled by low%s on hard to come by gear. i like the idea of both of us owning the same sword but mine burns and yours freezes so maybe we need an extend code type of deal for s.e. my point is i want my gear to be different from yours but not inferior. i agree title rewards are great. i cant think of a single reason not to have em.