Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Have you not seen footage of the alpha? Why would you ask this.
    Gamertag - Ilikelamp7

What shall I say about this, you are right...
    Plain and simple right.

Log into PSP2 US and PSP2 JPN or go even further and play PSP2 US and PSP2i JPN, you will know immediately that Sega doesn't "love" it's US / EU community.

TBH I'll probably look at initial reviews and wait six months to a year or so before getting PSO2, possibly with the game going from P2P with flooded servers and queues 2000+ players long to maybe F2P by the end of year 1, while patching a host of bugs, exploits, balance and pacing issues.

In that regard online games are kind of like wines. It doesn't pay to be an early adopter because you're pretty much forking out cash to beta test a game. However, they may taste like crap at first but get better with time. Except they usually die after 5-10 years.

queues? When has this ever been an issue for the PS MMO series?

The supposive Gaijin Hero EvilMag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Coldbird View Post
    What shall I say about this, you are right...
    Plain and simple right.

Log into PSP2 US and PSP2 JPN or go even further and play PSP2 US and PSP2i JPN, you will know immediately that Sega doesn't "love" it's US / EU community.
    Yeah, at least on PSP2i I feel safe going into random games.
    Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    Bit off-topic, but I'm just sick and tired of "difficulty" meaning "stat boosts". It's lazy and boring.

Quote Originally Posted by RemiusTA View Post
    queues? When has this ever been an issue for the PS MMO series?
    When PSOBB opened its beta people had to wait 40mins to log in =/

when PSUJP first launched, there were almost 100k people on day 1. 50 universes and a 30 minute wait to get into your room. with the room server crashing over and over. it made the game go from retail to beta again. It wasn't pretty at all, and i hope the same isnt going to be true for PSO2, assuming i even bother to play it.

Exclamation

Wow...First off, I must apologize again because this is going to be another long ass post from yours truly, but I only do this to show how much I love this community and this game. I really do hope you read this in its entirety. Trust me when I tell you though that this will greatly benefit the PS Community in the long run, for I have seen and heard a multitude of views on various topics...some critical, some logical and some just down right idiotic. Its fine though cause that's what the internet is for...feedback. And really as a whole that will be the subject matter, not only to Sega JP but to the PS Community.

I love the fact that we all bring up interesting points, but I think that we all have a feeling that most of our complaining goes unheard and in reality it does because feedback should not always be delivered as complaints. I believe this comes from not what we say but how we say it and we sometimes do not factor in how that message will be received. Also I think alot of it comes from the fact that in our messages we only come from a consumer standpoint. I think now is the time to attack or assess the situation from a business standpoint to get a clear picture of how Sega JP base their critical decisions and kinda cut them some slack now. NO not to kiss ass or to sugar coat the situation, believe me far from it, but to put in perspective how to overcome the obstacles between corporation and consumer.

First off lets take 2 of the more important departments at Sega concerning PSO2...the R&D Department and Finance Department. Not only does R&D research for game content, story, graphics, source code and technology used to run a smooth game, it also researches consumer trends and demand. In the case of the finance department, not only does it fund such vast projects but it also forecast and project numbers on possible loss/gain of such projects which are based off of consumer trends and demand. They have to ask themselves in the equation "Is this worthwhile to burn through company budget to provide to the international consumer?", cause lets face it people no one wants to take a loss, and in Sega's case they probably cant afford to take any risks internationally on such a high profile franchise. From a consumer stand point there is no real risk to reward factor there is only reward.

Now in the case of these two departments, if there is any misinformation on research or lack of communication between them, things can get ugly. Sega has seen the "ugly" in the console wars of the 90's and now they are a software company ONLY. So from that alone you can see why internationally they do not wish to take risks but to basically keep the international as an "investment protector". What I mean by this is, the way Sega has protected its Phantasy Star Franchise is reserve the best for a guaranteed domestic audience and give less to a not so guaranteed international audience...why? Because they know that if they gave us less we would still pay the same price if not more. They also know that usually US/EU audiences will lose interest at some point when something "new" or "better" comes along which creates a real loss, so generate the highest gain from the international market which is short term to keep budget for their "real" market which is constant in the long term. This in my opinion is a masterful chess move on Sega's part to protect their investment by keeping capital pouring in without having to do much as far as maintenance and manpower. Not to say this to take anything away from Sega or to bash them, I base this solely off of the facts from the history of the franchise comparison when it comes to domestic/international content and the success of the franchise within their initial market.

Now us as the international audience are saying to Sega "Hey, we want global server support because we have a community dedicated to this franchise and we would love to have the same support as Japan". Im here to tell you that this statement could have fallen on deaf ears due to the facts that 1) Our consumer market only supports "certain" games for a limited amount of time, 2) most of us use these channels such as forums, email, facebook, etc to complain with unproductive criticism, 3) we as a community and consumers rely to heavily on the moderators of these channels to convey our message to them, which I will add is probably hard to do when the messages are 70% negative and sarcastic(my posts included), and finally 4) Most of the brilliant ideas to get our voice across to Sega has been shot down due to 80% of our US/EU community spirit built on the idea that "our voices will go unheard so it is pointless to even try." I say this because on this forum alone has a large community, but only a low percentile of us actually try their best to get valid, logical and meaningful points across all the while being shot down by a high percentile of us that do not want to waste their breath on anything else but complaining or trying to make each other look stupid.

Now this next statement/question is purely an observation but I will add my personal connotations to give some color to the severity of the situation our community has unconsciously created. "We have internationally 30k+ players who own PSU on 360(not to say that all of them are paying for a license), and do not forget to mention how many players have or are still playing any of the PSP series or the players who are on the JP servers of PSU....IF WE REALLY HAVE A LARGE INTERNATIONAL COMMUNITY, HOW IS IT THAT ON THE LARGEST 'ADVERTISEMENT/CONSUMER REPORTING WHORE SOCIAL NETWORK IN THE WORLD' - CALLED FACEBOOK - DO WE ONLY HAVE A PALTRY 4K+ PEOPLE RESPONDING TO A PETITION TO GET THE GLOBAL SERVERS ORIGINALLY ASKED FOR BY, WAIT FOR IT, THE WHOLE INTERNATIONAL COMMUNITY!!!" If I were the CEO of Sega....wait let me back up, if I was just the director of even the finance department I would look at this and say "Hmm, there really is no international community dedicated to our franchise". Because the numbers do not lie and those numbers I am sorry to say can easily be perceived from a business perspective as a bad joke. Sure you can ask yourselves the question "well what about all the subscriptions they had from us in the past, surely they can see that we support the franchise?". Well if you look at the trend reports those subscriptions tabulated in the past, the trend will probably show that at the most only 40% of those original subscriptions lasted longer than 6 months and then another 40% of that 40% lasted an additional 3 to 6 months(which by the way is probably being conservative for an international market)with the exception of old subscribers renewing their subscriptions at a later date because they love the game. You always have to factor in new games coming out where they can potentially lose an audience to something that consumers deem "better".

Now contrary to popular belief, business' and corporations DO listen to consumers because we are their "real investment". Without us, their products and services would be pointless, and Sega would not create a game or start/continue a franchise if they did not believe there is an audience or an untapped market for it. Which brings me to the point of the PR shown to us about PSO2.

At this particular point in time we are anywhere from 6 months to a full year before this game even hits the Japanese market in full stride, and maybe another 6 - 8 months before it hits the international market if they decide to release it outside of Japan. We already have their full media coverage of the game's Alpha test results and presented to us as if the game is going to come out tomorrow...why? Because the R&D Department and the Finance Department at Sega needs consumer feedback from the international community to make an important decision on the future of Gurahl or in the case of PSO2: "SPACE" outside of Japan.

We still have time to convey this feedback in more positive ways people. I personally am now going to recant my initial statements made when I started this thread(hey politicians do it all the time) and I would now like to commend the following...Edward@Sega, Aaron Webber, EspioKaos and PSUPEDIA Staff, Shou, Tycho Grouwstra, everyone at PSO-WORLD and anyone else that I have failed to mention due to my "noobness" on these forums, allow me to commend all of you for your efforts to keep our hopes alive that this game will see the light of day, but now its time for the international community to TRULY make an effort to let Sega know how much we will make their investment worthwhile. Cause the problem is not only Sega, its also "US". Consumers make or break an investment and as ashamed as I am to say this, but we have had the power all along to change the outcomes in the past but were to naive in the way that we thought as consumers of a product that we know and love. And Im sorry but the reality is, some of those same individuals I commended have to walk on eggshells sometimes to deliver a diplomatic answer to our petty complaints because no one can accept the truth about what Sega or any other videogame company on the planet do for us as consumers...TAKE A BIG ASS RISK ON SPENDING ALOT OF MONEY TO PROVIDE A KILLER ASS WAY TO PASS THE TIME TIL WE DIE!

Even if all the things I have said are complete BS about the market, what do we have to lose? Clearly its not BS as far as our outreach to Sega about what it is that we want, but in reality the BS is when and if they do provide us with what we want, how well will the international community will hold its promise of ACTUAL SUPPORT TOWARDS THE FRANCHISE in the long term.

Maybe my post will fall upon deaf ears and we all go back to the sarcastic rantings of angry consumers and say things an angry consumer would say as an argument like: "Hey Sega, we gave Japan Snoop Dogg in his entirety, with no missing content and no reskins(ummm...no racial pun intended). He preached a code that even a Guardian can morally live by...'IT AINT NO FUN, IF THE HOMIES CANT HAVE NONE!', so please make PSO2 available for everyone and not just Japan to enjoy."

What we really should be asking is "Hey Sega, we know that we have let you down collectively with our low attention spans in the past. If we can somehow promise you a real effort to give you our full support in the long term, will you provide us with the same service and product in PSO2 as you do Japan?" hmmm....

And Im out - class dismissed!

Exclamation

Here is the Japanese equivalent....MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

うわー...これは本当にあなたから別の長いお尻の後に行っているのでオフまず、私は再び謝罪しなければな りませんが、私は私がこの地域とこのゲームを愛するかどの位示すためこれを行います。私は本当にあなたが完 全な形でこれを読んで望みます。これは非常に私はさまざまなトピックについて意見の多数を見たと聞いたこと があるため、長期的にはPSのコミュニティの利益になることも私はあなたを伝える時に私を信じて...右ば かげたいくつかの論理的およびいくつかのちょうど下に、いくつかの重要な。しかし、その罰金はのインターネ ットのためのものであること...フィードバック引き起こす。そして実際に主題となる全体としてだけでなく 、セガJPへしかし、PSコミュニティへ。

私たちはすべての興味深いポイントを持ち出すという事実を愛しているが、私たちはすべて私たちの不満のほと んどは聞いたことになるとフィードバックが常に苦情として配信されないようにする必要があるため、現実にそ うであることを感じていると思います。私はこれが我々が言うことではないから来ていると考えていますがどの ようにそれを言うと私たちは時々そのメッセージが受信されるかを考慮しないこと。また、私はそれの多くは私 達のメッセージに我々は唯一の消費者の観点から来ているという事実から来ていると思う。私は今は攻撃したり 、評価するような状況をビジネスの観点からどのようにセガJP基地、重要な意思決定を明確に把握し、ちょっ と今、それらいくつかのたるみをカットする時期だと思います。お尻にキスするか、または砂糖のコートに状況 を、はるかにそれから私を信じて、企業と消費者との間に障害物を克服する方法を視野に入れにしないようにな し。

最初のオフPSO2に関するセガでより多くの重要な部門... R&D部と財務部の2を取ることができます。だけでなく、円滑なゲームを実行するために使用されるゲームコ ンテンツ、ストーリー、グラフィック、ソースコードと技術のR&Dの研究を行う、それはまた消費者の動向や 需要を研究。財務部門の場合には、それはそのような広大なプロジェクトに資金を提供しないだけでなく、それ はまた消費者の動向や需要に基づいて作成されたこのようなプロジェクトの可能性のある損失/利得を予測し、プロジェクト番号。彼らは、方程式で自分自身を尋ねなければならない"これが国際的な消費者 に提供するために、会社の予算を通して書き込むことがやりがいですか?"、原因は、人々は誰も損をどう持っ ていきたいの現実を直視でき、そしてセガのケースでは、おそらくカントいずれかをさせる余裕国際的にそのよ うな高プロファイルのフランチャイズに関するリスク。消費者からのみ報酬がある要因に報いるために本当の危 険はない点に立っている。

今この二つの部門の場合には、それらの間の研究やコミュニケーションの欠如上の任意の誤報がある場合、物事 は醜い取得することができます。セガは、90年代のコンソール戦争の"醜い"を見ていると今では唯一のソフ トウェア会社です。彼らはリスクを取ることが基本的には"投資保護"として国際的に維持したくない理由国際 的にそうそれだけでは見ることができます。私がこのことで言いたいのは、セガがファンタシースターフランチ ャイズを守ってきた方法は、引当金は、保証された国内の聴衆のための最善の方法ですので保証するものでは国 際的な聴衆に少なく与えている...なぜ?彼らは私たちにあまりを与えた場合、我々はまだそうでない場合よ り多くの同じ価格を支払うことになることを知っているので。彼らはまた、通常はUS / EUの観客は"新しい"または"良い"何かが本当の損失が作成されてやってきて、ある時点で興味を失うこと がわかっているので、そのための予算を維持するために短期的である国際的な市場から最も高いゲインを生成す る長期的に一定である"本当の"市場。これが私の考えでは限りメンテナンスや人材などのあまり何もすること なくに注ぐ資本を保持することにより、その投資を保護するためにセガの部分で見事なチェスの動きです。それ は彼らの初期の市場の中で、国内/国際的なコンテンツとフランチャイズの成功に来るとき離れてセガから何かを取ることや、それらをbashに これを言っているわけで、私はフランチャイズの比較の歴史からの事実の、これはもっぱらオフ基 づいて。

今国際的な聴衆として私たちは"我々はこのフランチャイズに特化したコミュニティを持っていると我々は日本 と同じサポートを心よりお待ちしていますので、ちょっと、我々はグローバルサーバーのサポートをしたい"セ ガに言っている。 IMここにこの文はその1の事実に起因する耳に落ちている可能性があることを伝えるために)私たちの消費者 市場は、時間の限られた量の2"特定の"ゲームをサポートしています)私たちのほとんどは、フォーラム、電 子メールとしてこれらのチャネルを使用、Facebookは、非生産的な批判と文句を言うなど、3)我々は 地域社会や消費者として私が追加され、それらに私達のメッセージを伝えるために、これらのチャネルのモデレ ーターに大きくするために依存して、メッセージが70%負の場合、おそらく実行することが困難であるそして セガに渡っ私たちの声を得るために素晴らしいアイデアのほとんどを)(私の記事が含まれている)皮肉、そし て最終的に4が原因で私たちの声が聞こえない行く"というコンセプトに基づいて開発私たちのU S / EU共同体意識の80%に撃墜されていますのでそれも試しても無意味です。"このフォーラムに単独で大規模 なコミュニティを持っているので私はこれを言うが、私たちの唯一の低パーセンタイルは、実際にはしたくない 私たちの高いパーセンタイルによって撃墜されているすべての時間にわたって、有効な論理と意味のあるポイン トを得るために彼らのベストを尽くすしかし、不満やお互い外観は愚かにしようとして何か他のものに自分の息 を無駄に。

今この次の文/質問は純粋に観察ですが、私は我々のコミュニティが無意識のうちに作成された状況の厳しさにいくつかの色を 与えるために私の個人的な含蓄を追加します。 "我々は、+ 360(それらのすべてのライセンスに対して払っていると言うことではない)でPSUを所有するプレイヤー が国際的に30K持って、そしてどのように多くのプレイヤーがあるか、あるいはPSPシリーズのいずれかの プレイヤーを再生して言及することを忘れないでくださいPSUのJPのサーバー上で....私たちは本当に 大規模な国際的コミュニティがあれば、それは世界最大の"世界の広告/消費者報告の娼婦のSNS上のその方法、IS - FACEBOOKと呼ばれる - 我々だけわずかな4Kをお持ちですか+人々それを待つ、元々に依頼GLOBALサーバの情報を取得する請願 に応えて、国際社会全体!"私はセガの最高経営責任者(CEO)....私はちょうど私がこれを見て"うー ん、そこに実際に私達のフランチャイズに特化は、国際社会はない"と言うとしても、財務部門のディレクター だった場合、バックアップ私を聞かせ待っていた場合。数字は嘘をつかないと私は言って申し訳ありません、こ れらの数字は簡単に悪い冗談のようにビジネスの観点から認識することができるので。確かにあなたは"よく何 過去の彼らは私たちから受けたすべてのサブスクリプションについては、確かに彼らは我々がフランチャイズを サポートしていることを見ることができる?"たち自身を質問することができます。あなたがトレンドを見ても 場合、過去に集計し、それらのサブスクリプションを報告すると、傾向は、おそらくそれらのオリジナルのサブ スクリプションの最もわずか40%が6ヶ月以上続いたし、その中の別の40%は40%にさらに3を続いたこ とが表示されます6ヶ月(どのような方法によってか、おそらく国際的な市場のための保守的)彼らはゲームが 好きなので後日、そのサブスクリプションを更新する古い加入者を除いて。あなたはいつも、彼らが潜在的に消 費者が"良い"と判断するものに聴衆を失うことができるところ出てきて新しいゲームを考慮する必要がありま す。

我々は彼らの"本当の投資"であるため、人気の信念に反して今、ビジネス"と企業が消費者に聞いてください 。私たちがなければ、自社の製品およびサービスは無意味になる、と彼らは聴衆またはそれのための未開拓市場 があると信じていなかった場合セガはゲームを作成したり、フランチャイズを開始/継続されません。これは、PSO2についての私達に示すように、PRのポイントにいってみまし ょう。

彼らは日本の外でそれを解放することにした場合、それは国際市場に当る前に8ヶ月 - このゲームも完全ストライドで日本市場を打つ、そしておそらく別の6までの時間のこの特定の時点で、我々は 6ヶ月から1年間にどこかです。我々はすでにゲームのアルファテスト結果の彼らの完全なメディアの報道があ り、ゲームが明日出てくるに起こっているかのように私たちに提示...なぜ?日本の外で"SPACE":R &D部門とセガでは財務部はGurahlの将来についてやPSO2の場合に重要な決定を行うために国際社会 から消費者のフィードバックが必要となるためです。

我々はまだ多くの肯定的な方法で人々にこのフィードバックを伝えるために時間を持っている。私は個人的に今 私はこのスレッドを開始したとき、私の最初の文が作られた(ちょっと政治家はすべての時間を行う)と、私は 今、次のことを称賛したい撤回するつもりです...エドワード@セガ、アーロンウェバー、EspioKao sとPSUPEDIAスタッフ、翔、ティコGrouwstra、PSO - WORLDの皆さんと私はこれらのフォーラムで私の"noobness"のために言及して失敗したことを誰 が、私はこのゲームは、光を見ることが私たちの希望を生かしておくためにあなたの努力にのすべてを称賛する ことができます一日の、しかし、今、国際社会に対して、その時は本当にセガは、我々は彼らの投資を価値ある ものにどのくらい知っているように努力をする。問題は唯一セガ、そのまた"米国"ではない原因。消費者は、 伸るか反るかの投資をし、私はこれを言う時ほど恥ずかしい、しかし我々は過去の転帰を変更するにはすべてに 沿って力を持っていたが、我々は製品の消費者として考えられている方法で、ナイーブにいた我々が知っている としている大好きです。とImは残念ですが現実は、私賞賛は誰もが地球上のセガやその他のビデオゲームの会 社がのために何をすべきかについての真実を受け入れることができないので、私達のささいな苦情への外交的な 答えを提供するために時々卵の殻の上を歩く必要があるものと同じ個体の一部です。私たちは消費者として.. .人は死ぬティル時間を渡すためにキラーASSの方法を提供するたくさんのお金を過ごすBIG ASSのリスクを負う!

私が述べてきたすべてのものが市場について、BSを完了している場合でも、我々は失うために何がありますか ?明らかに、そのBS限りそれは私たちが望むことは何かについてのセガに対する我々のアウトリーチとして、 実際にはBSは時であり、彼らは我々が望むものを私達に提供する場合、どれだけ国際社会は、実際のサポート の約束を開催する予定ではない長期的にはフランチャイズに向けて。

多分私の記事は耳が聞こえない耳に落ちるだろうと我々はすべての怒りの消費者の皮肉なrantingsに戻 って、怒っている消費者のような引数として言うことを言う:"セガねえ、私たちは日本がノーミスの内容で、 彼の全体にスヌープドッグ与えたとはreskins(ummm. ..意図しない人種しゃれ)。彼はさらにガーディアンは道徳的で生きることができるコードを説教..."の homiesはカントNONEを持っていなければ、ITは、NOを見るとあまり楽しいことではない!"、そ のためにPSO2を利用できるように設定願います皆ではなく楽しむために日本だけ。"

私たちが本当に求めてすべきことは"セガやあ、我々は過去に私達の低い注意力をダウン総称をさせていること を知っている。我々は何らかの形であなたにあなたに長期的には私達の全面的な支援を与えるための努力を約束 できる場合は、予定です。あなたが日本を行うようにするには、PSO2で同じサービスと製品を提供してくれ る?"うーん....

と出IM - クラスは、却下!

You have trumped even the worst of my post lengths with this. tl;dr is an understatement interesting stuff though.