Page 1 of 15 123411 ... LastLast

Default No PvP at launch

According to an interview with Sakai and Korean gaming press posted on Shogai PSO there are no plans for PvP at launch or just after launch for the Japanese version of PSO2. PvP would be one of the things thought about if or when a Korean release happens.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

lol...

Koreans need their PVP huh.. sounds like they'd actually put effort into it then..

Not sure if that's a good or a bad thing. Assuming they do it.

/proceeds to look at article. then realizes everything is in Chinese.

Before the japan trivia club corrects me. Yes, I typed Chinese on purpose. o_o

4th edit: and it looks like Other Mikes rival in PSO2 info nascar, mystery racer X AKA ricardo updated his blog with this all translated already

"Sakai was interviewed by THIS IS GAME, a Korean gaming news site, and commented about Phantasy Star and the future of the series. However, these ideas are concepts that he may or may not go through with.

Shougai had the interview in Japanese which I guess they translated from Korean.
    They plan to start Alpha Test 2 in early 2012, PSO2 was originally supposed to release in 2011, but during the first alpha test, they had some trouble with the game servers. They decided to push back the release of the game to spend more time fixing it.

They know that PvP is important to Korean players, but in Japan, the demand for PvP is not as high. In the Japanese version, PvP won’t be added initially after the game starts. But when they officially decide on doing a Korean version, then they may think about adding PvP in.

Interrupt Events, where they appear, when they occur, and the chances they may occur are all completely random, even the developers can’t predict when they happen.

He can’t say yet what the game’s official specs are, he’s still investigating about widening the range (of the graphical capabilities) as much as possible, and certainly, DirectX 9 is supported.
    And for the most interesting part, THIS IS GAME asked what will become of the console games for the series?

There’s no need for you to worry, the Phantasy Star Series will continue to develop.
    It sounds like we may be getting new games in the Phantasy Star Series aimed at console gamers.

PC Gamers: Phantasy Star Online 2
    Handheld Gamers: Phantasy Star Victory [Tentative Title]
    Casual Gamers: Phantasy Star Eternal Planets
    Console Gamers: Phantasy Star [Title Unknown?]"

5th edit: The butthurt console enthusiast and the elite asshole PC gamers can stop bickering now (I wonder what it'll be- maybe a continuation of the Classic PS's

Victory is easily a Vita sequel to Infinity... Or just a Phantasy Star Vita game in general-whatever that's my speculation
    Last edited by NoiseHERO; Nov 22, 2011 at 11:24 PM.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

No PvP = no skin off my bones

This is hilarious, because they've all but just confirmed that it will exist.

Welp, may the thread swell...

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

No koreans no PVP..

I dunno why they're so hesitant on saying anywhere outside Japan will get this game, But it'd be a bag of dicks to show this at a Korean show then say they're not getting it.

Koreans get it = PVP gets considered..

U all mad.

No one else is curious about those console and Victory phantasy star s,I C.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Guess I'll just wait for my US portable & console versions of Phantasy Star.

I could not care less for PVP... As long as it an optional feature, I don't care.
    I wish every PSO-World member playing PSO2 would have this outlook/attitude:
    "I'll be honest: I'm a man of simple pleasures, and as long as I get to stab the blazes out of something, I'm pretty content."
    Tactlessness is ugly, willfull ignorance and bigotry is even uglier

Nah PvP should definitely be forced.
    I stream PSO2! Please check out my channel when you have time~

twitch.tv/gmcustom

Wouldn't it be awesome to join a random game while the players are at boss, then wait till the boss is almost dead and the players are all on cooldown. When that happens, gank them, kill the boss and ninja their rare drop?

Sure ^_^

Remember PSO?

The gameshark hacks:

1) Hack two Priest/Mind-- (-2000 MST to have a negative number w/ game shark)
    2) Hack God/TP++ (+5000 TP or so)
    3) Hack God/HP++ (+10000 HP version)

4) Enter any room....wait until boss is near death or at boss gate in Dreamcast version
    5) Cast Resta, Since your MST is negative Resta takes HP rather than return it.
    6) Kill off all players...they drop their Meseta and Weapon
    7) Profit

So sure, the original PSO didn't have PvP, but it had enough to scare the entire population into never using any decent weapon with a random party.
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"