Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

I think it would be hilarious if they're not actually planning on introducing PvP at all, they're just saying that to entice Korean players to buy the game... thinking that PvP will be released.

Korea, trolled hard by Sega. That would be glorious.
    Arkios
    49HU - 58TE - 25FO - 61RA - 44GU - 50BR - 46FI - 29BO

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Koreans should have separate servers.

They can have all of their life devotion gameplay and everyone else can play space channel 5 in the lobby's together on the global servers.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

This thread is funny.

What is particularly funny is the fact that Korean players are not actually much more inclined towards PvP than westerners. In fact, they may even be less so, judging from how Aion has been handled (rifting was killed with an iron fist in Korea, but over in the west we still have the debuffs taken off every other week).

The competitive Korean players flock towards games that are actually built from the ground-up for PvP, like, y'know... games that don't have grinding elements. The folks that play MMOs have almost no overlap with the competitive Korean player base.

I would not be surprised to see no PvP in the game for months after launch.

Why CANT they just confirm this thing to countries?
    I mean, this is getting to be nonsense by this point:

Sending the bosses down to game shows,
    SHOWING the game written in Korean to everybody
    Doing Korean interviews
    Talking about Alpha Korean

...of course it's going over there. Translating's no easy feat/not cheap (I guess). I do wonder what's preventing them from just coming out and saying it. That's all ANYbody is waiting for at this point. (some dumb rule? Sega bosses saying 'not till last min'??)

This seems strange to me:
    "They plan to start Alpha Test 2 in early 2012, PSO2 was originally supposed to release in 2011, but during the first alpha test, they had some trouble with the game servers. They decided to push back the release of the game to spend more time fixing it."

Really? Really?
    With their big Q & A they posted on the zillions of mechanics, customization, drop & etc issues I was led to believe that the server was just 1 of many things that needed fixing up.

I hope they do add PVP
    Nothing ever launched with it...PSO didn't, PSU didn't & neither did the portables. It came later, it was nice & separate, so that's fine. I was big on rule battling, it was fun, so it's def. something I'd do, but it doesn't bother me that it won't launch with it.

GOOD that they're messing with graphics/specs still
    I kept hearing how it looked a little pixel-ey for a PC game

Handheld Gamers: Phantasy Star Victory [Tentative Title]
    Wasn't Victory literally confirmed officially for Vita by a magazine? I know I read that somewhere trustworthy. If it launches with Vita, that will be a day1 buy for me. Otherwise I'll ignore the system till it comes out.

Casual Gamers: Phantasy Star Eternal Planets
    Isn't this getting some not-so-hot reviews by the people who play it?

Console Gamers: Phantasy Star [Title Unknown?]"
    First hint I've seen of this. VERY VERY curiuos...this is exciting stuff to be sure. I don't care where the games are, as long as they're fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrusticae View Post
    This thread is funny.

What is particularly funny is the fact that Korean players are not actually much more inclined towards PvP than westerners. In fact, they may even be less so, judging from how Aion has been handled (rifting was killed with an iron fist in Korea, but over in the west we still have the debuffs taken off every other week).

The competitive Korean players flock towards games that are actually built from the ground-up for PvP, like, y'know... games that don't have grinding elements. The folks that play MMOs have almost no overlap with the competitive Korean player base.

I would not be surprised to see no PvP in the game for months after launch.

Whatever. Too bad 98% of them are still terrible ass games. And are still grindy as hell.

Team: Outsourced Mutiny lostinseganet's Avatar
    Lost somewhere between seganet and the grave

See here is the killer about PvP. When a game is made so that one player can kill another it makes it easier for a hacker to manipulate code to kill people out side of the PvP setting. The only way to truly alienate this problem is to make a totally separate game. Yet gamers know this is not likely due to cost. So players choose to have no PvP at all.
    You need good D...!? Well so do I!
    PSO 2 + D.D.R.♪, Playable Instruments, AND karaoke! Think of the Competitive Anime Conventions!Dreamcast was art, and like art it was not appreciated until it was DEAD
    I like teh magics in my melee. Not teh melee in ma magics (^_0),
    Lostinseganet: Self proclaimed Melee FOrce!

PvP should stay to Battle mode. Of course, BA itself needs some actual reward behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by lostinseganet View Post
    See here is the killer about PvP. When a game is made so that one player can kill another it makes it easier for a hacker to manipulate code to kill people out side of the PvP setting. The only way to truly alienate this problem is to make a totally separate game. Yet gamers know this is not likely due to cost. So players choose to have no PvP at all.

uhhhh no.

Team: Outsourced Mutiny lostinseganet's Avatar
    Lost somewhere between seganet and the grave

Unhappy Victory?

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Sol View Post
    PvP should stay to Battle mode. Of course, BA itself needs some actual reward behind it.
    Cant victory be its own reward? Battle MODE could depends on how its done. Maybe from the startup screen, and a server that has nothing to do with the nonpvp areas...maybe.
    You need good D...!? Well so do I!
    PSO 2 + D.D.R.♪, Playable Instruments, AND karaoke! Think of the Competitive Anime Conventions!Dreamcast was art, and like art it was not appreciated until it was DEAD
    I like teh magics in my melee. Not teh melee in ma magics (^_0),
    Lostinseganet: Self proclaimed Melee FOrce!

Quote Originally Posted by RemiusTA View Post
    Whatever. Too bad 98% of them are still terrible ass games. And are still grindy as hell.
    I would not be so dismissive.

Believe it or not, it's Korea and, to a much lesser extent, Japan where MMOs are actually seeing high levels level of innovation. Archeage is a (increasingly rare) sandbox MMO, Blade & Soul is turning several MMO tropes on their heads, Tera finally took MMO combat into the 21st century (though it launched incomplete and suffered heavily for it), and there's a whole crapload of lower-budget stuff that is messing with new concepts that will never, ever be explored by western developers.

And in fact, since the release of Aion, Korean MMOs have increasingly veered away from the pure grind of hardcore games like the Lineage series. For that matter, Tera has an extremely fast progression curve much closer to WoW than anything else. Hell, even the new Lineage Eternal plays more like a new Diablo game.

That being said, the Korean companies are not much different from the Japanese companies in that they really don't give a shit about their overseas playerbase. I fully expect Sega JP to completely ignore any of our concerns, just like NCSoft has done with Aion (even though NCWest, if given the power, could have seriously turned the game around and improved sub retention by orders of magnitude). The good news, however, is that Japanese players, from what I've seen, share mostly the same concerns that we do - unlike Korean players who are, well, a bit different.