Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Quote Originally Posted by RemiusTA View Post
    Well, i guess my rant was to say that those effects would have been taxing on computers years ago, but games have been using them extensively since the last generation of gaming consoles and videogames.

The game doesn't NEED them, but it would make alot of environments look tons better than they currently do. But no amount of light/texture techniques is gonna hide the ugly textures they're using in many areas, like that hideous Rockbear or the ground textures in the forest.
    I'm a games designer myself, I know exactly how you feel. But in most cases, a lot of people won't even notice the textures as they'd be more focused on the character and enemy models. So as long as those look top notch and the action keeps up, I think they might get away with it. Whatever helps prevent lag and increase loading time is a good thing! Maybe the textures will look a bit nicer in some of the areas we haven't seen yet?

Obnoxious Little Frog Malachite's Avatar

You know, if it's possible for PSO2, I'm sure that someone will make a high-res texture pack to satisfy everyone who thinks the textures are too damn ugly.

I personally don't give half a crap about graphics unless they're just simply ridiculous. I play N64 all the time and love every minute of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazzi View Post
    I'm a games designer myself, I know exactly how you feel. But in most cases, a lot of people won't even notice the textures as they'd be more focused on the character and enemy models. So as long as those look top notch and the action keeps up, I think they might get away with it. Whatever helps prevent lag and increase loading time is a good thing! Maybe the textures will look a bit nicer in some of the areas we haven't seen yet?

Well i wasn't worried that much until i saw the city area, which typically looks very bad in most games that don't do them correctly as they're plagued with depthless textures.

Quote Originally Posted by RemiusTA View Post
    Well i wasn't worried that much until i saw the city area, which typically looks very bad in most games that don't do them correctly as they're plagued with depthless textures.
    I know how you feel ;_; but it's still in Alpha, so they could still update the textures yet ! Best to remain optimistic, and if they don't then it's not that big a loss.