Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

nice. i saw lots of videos of this game and really like them. last "Tales" game
    i played was Vesperia for xbox 360. can't wait for this game now.

i wonder how she sound like in English.
    Spoiler!

Manly men victory
    Spoiler!

victory quotes (subbed)
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by Xefi; Dec 10, 2011 at 12:44 AM.

++++++----------"." Xe's Sanctuary 09/28/2016----------- Youtube's profile "."----------++++++
    wallies edited: 4500_|_G.O.L.D.E.N_|_sigs created: 1055

Quote Originally Posted by Michaeru View Post
    I don't like FF13's battle theme violin abuse though... D:

Just makes me think "Yay amazing japanese orchestra disney adventure battle supa happy montage yay!"

Which is ironic cause I could take the violin abuse in BBS alot more seriously.

edit: wow how do I always find a way to derail a thread into being about FF or KH...

But yeah graces... meh, I just can't look forward to tales games anymore. D:
    We weren't really talking directly about FF 13. It was mostly about the music itself. I liked the Sunleth Waterscape BGM that I have the official sheet music for that to learn it. I remember my time learning music from FF 12 in arrangements.

My favorite from FF 12 was The Royal City of Rabanastre, Dalmasca Estersands and Time of Rest. I have my own arrangements of the three.

About Violin abuse = "Not too many people are used to hearing violin music played legato"

Explained below:

In music there are three basic ways of playing a note (and hearing it). You can do this with your voice.

1) Hum two notes that you are familiar with that you can go back and forth.

Here are the exercises:

a) Count with a hand or foot tapping 1, 2, 3 and 4 continuously. Hold the note for two beats and then go back and forth between the two notes, changing notes with your voice every 2 beats. This is the normal way of playing notes. Make sure you accent the note but DO NOT LEAD INTO IT. Just go back and forth between the two like turning on and off a light switch.

b) Once again count 1 2 3 4. This time before the second beat ends, suddenly stop the note. Go to the next note on Beat 3 and near the end of Beat 4 suddenly stop again. This makes it sound like notes are detached...This is called "Staccato."

c) Once again count 1 2 3 4, however when you go between the two notes, you are going to lead into the next note. You will sing out one note for 2 beats, and instead of cutting it off, you are going to lead into the next note to feel like its a slide or pitch bend. This is called Legato.

There are a LOT of techniques which apply to Legato music that have great effects like Swelling, Hammering/Pulling, Vibrato (which we hear a lot in violins)

After hearing string instruments that are mostly plucked or picked, it takes a while to get used to bowed string instruments (Violin and Violas specifically in games) compared to the Bass and Cello which pop up in millions of games.

In fact it takes just as long as males hearing women sing with their high voices and believe me when I tell you this, women have the same comments about hearing males sing low notes with their voice. Both Genders either like each other's voice or completely hate it with comments. However the good singers learn to get used to voices and like to work together in four part harmony. ^_^

Think of what I deal with with me being a Tenor and an Alto in my vocal range and putting up with the opinions of both genders all the time.
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

A shame I really cannot force myself to like that atrocious character design. It looks so bland to me that it makes my eyes hurt. The Seto Kaiba remark did not make things better....

ToV and ToS especially did a far better job at creating good-looking characters, none being over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by GCoffee View Post
    A shame I really cannot force myself to like that atrocious character design. It looks so bland to me that it makes my eyes hurt. The Seto Kaiba remark did not make things better....

ToV and ToS especially did a far better job at creating good-looking characters, none being over the top.
    Yes i agree that i do not care for this art style for the characters but its still a tales game and im sure(Hopefully) the story will be good so meh

Though the good news is that Tales of Xillia does away with alot of what you see in Graces and for me has one of the best art styles.
    ★☆F i g h t e r f o r l i f e☆★
    GT:VictoriX VII

Best part about not like a Tales character's clothing? Discover how to unlock titles to get different costumes.

The girl looks like a purple Miku Hatsune. Would NOT surprise me if there was a Miku costume.
    ID: Haseyo FO
    Character: Roll Caskett | Ship: 02
    Character: Hsien-Ko | Ship: 02

Quote Originally Posted by Rashiid View Post
    Best part about not like a Tales character's clothing? Discover how to unlock titles to get different costumes.

The girl looks like a purple Miku Hatsune. Would NOT surprise me if there was a Miku costume.
    Yep there is if i remember right lol.

EDIT: here you go lol
    Last edited by Cloudstrife xx; Dec 10, 2011 at 01:38 PM.

Would've been awesome if it auto-tuned her voice.
    ID: Haseyo FO
    Character: Roll Caskett | Ship: 02
    Character: Hsien-Ko | Ship: 02

And now we know what the Box art looks like and that EU will see it summer of 2012!!! cant wait! btw box art looks cool.
    http://www.talesunion.com/news/tales...sed--1965.html