Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default what i think ST should do that they havent in there prevoius phantasy star games.

Same mistake ST Makes with PSO/PSU's is they dont have commercials on tv for it in america canada or europe....hopefuly when PSO2 comes out in america they make a commercial. and give us the same updates as japan...then PSO2 might be big in america/EU. anyone else agree?

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

knowing sega and this not being sonic or some published western game, the best thing we're gonna get is some popular game site giving it some light.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

this game will never be popular here. Sega will not put in the effort needed.

Besides, this game gets more and more Japanese every new entry, which wasn't nearly as much of a problem 10 years ago as it is today.

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

No amount of advertising will make PS a notable franchise in the US. It's not a game that's ever really been designed with western ideals in mind, and I hope that never changes. I play PS games because they are distinctly eastern.

Good idea. I bet they'd get a lot of people by highlighting the boob customization and loli HUnewearls.

And then some zealot spouts on the news how PSO2, among videogames in general are promoting pedophelia.

No reason they can't use the char creator to make some bald and bulky ramars and show a 15 second tv spot of a group of them shooting bugs and robots with lasers in that third person shooter mode.

Retaining even 1% of the people who fall for the bait and switch would still increase the sad, lonely Western playerbase by 100x...

I find it interesting that PSO did so well, considering the almost complete lack of advertising for it. I believe there were magazine ads back in the day (though not many), but that's about it. Everything else was game reviews and word of mouth driving the hype machine. In that sense, it's not all that different from so many other online games out there, though they have banner ads all over, for what that's worth.

A good advertising campaign could do a lot for making the game bigger and more popular and put emphasis on getting more updates out there faster, but at the same time, there are numerous free-to-play games out there that only do some banner ads and nothing else, and they still pull in profits. There are a lot of factors going into the decisions regarding the game's advertising, and a lot of them are things that haven't been announced yet.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

PSO was basically a black sheep, it was never meant to become a success, it actually took ST by surprise when it did. I first heard about it in a magazine that gave it quite a critical review, I was intrigued, so I went out and bought it. Ever since then it's become my favourite game of all time!

Even if they did something little, like make a facebook page then it could make a difference. But regardless, every MMO is going to be compared to WoW. The number 2 at the end of the title may worry people who've never played the original either. All you have to remember is that PSO does have a dedicated fanbase, if we can spread the word viral, then that'll be enough. Especially if it managed some sort of memetic mutation. As much as I'd love them to do some advertising, it probably wouldn't make a difference at this point.

Kazzi:
    They did/do have a facebook for PSO2 right now. It is at:

http://www.facebook.com/sega.pso2

and it occaisionally has started posting in Eng due to abundance of nonjp country 'likes'. So, if you have a FB going and getting everyone you can think of to like at it would really help the USA/EU/SouthAmerican cause for getting this game & showing support directly to them that people here ARE interested and maybe some ads would be worth it.

I basically bought PSO because it was a Sonicteam game & I love Sonic games (before some of those 'meh' ones they did of course) and then PSO just turned out to be my all time favorite game.