Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default A way to promote PSO 2 to be localized?

Hi all! Its been a long long time since I've been to the PSO-World website.

I've stopped by a few times to watch a few gameplay videos of PSO2, and read some of the news. But I haven't had the time unfortunately to stay active or read everything.

Does anyone know if there is a -certain- way to send e-mail to sega, or the development team. To show that your supporting the localization of PSO2.

Because this is one game that really needs to be brought to the USA, and I would love to help in that.

If I remember from a while back correctly, RubyEclipse *hinted* at the fact that they actually ARE working on localization. Don't quote me on it because the it was more of a "Well everyone's busy working on a certain game that is having an anniversary that fans are looking forward to" sort of deal.

But to actually answer your post, the best thing you could probably practically do (to my knowledge) is go to the PSO2 Facebook page and leave a nice comment giving your hopes for localization because they've left roughly translated JP to English messages there in the recent past, showing that they at least GO there.

The screenshots of the alpha showed a language option. Whether or not the drop down menu had anything but "日本語" listed, I don't know.

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

A way to promote localization of PSO2 would be a nice additional "push" to remind Sega that other regions are drooling for PSO2 as well. I don't think it will be needed though, I personally believe PSO2 will be available worldwide.
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!

Like i said, them not making PSO2 worldwide COMPLETELY destroys the original approach that the original was doing to online gaming.

There's no doubt PSO2 will be released in North America, it's just a matter of "when".

Miracle scenario: Simultaneous (or very close) worldwide release with international servers
    Hoped for scenario: Delayed release, but with international servers
    Expected scenario: Delayed release, separated servers

That said, I very much want this game.
    Coming Soon!

Japanese players aren't excited to play with people from other countries. It's not that they would dislike it, they just don't get excited from the idea of a global/international community. And seeing as JP is the main audience, a global server is highly unlikely.

Funny yet sad story: http://www.menafn.com/qn_news_story.asp?storyid={2b11a791-6d09-4eb8-bb85-08fdd83c326c

Oh... why so xenophobic... Really wish for a more universal language to exist.
    Last edited by SolRiver; Dec 18, 2011 at 02:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dre_o View Post
    If I remember from a while back correctly, RubyEclipse *hinted* at the fact that they actually ARE working on localization. Don't quote me on it because the it was more of a "Well everyone's busy working on a certain game that is having an anniversary that fans are looking forward to" sort of deal.

But to actually answer your post, the best thing you could probably practically do (to my knowledge) is go to the PSO2 Facebook page and leave a nice comment giving your hopes for localization because they've left roughly translated JP to English messages there in the recent past, showing that they at least GO there.
    He did mention something about it. Like a small team here was helping with it or excited about it or something. lol. >.< It was him showing off a game and it was kind of just slipped in there. (Maybe it was E3?)