Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default PSO2: 60 FPS or 30?

Does anyone know if the Alpha ran at 60 fps or something lower, like 30? I recall someone who claimed to be in the aplha telling me it was at 30 FPS. Is this true? It would be really silly if the final product only did 30 FPS despite a powerful computer...

I'm sure the final product will give you an option to run at 60. The alpha probably just defaulted to frameskip 1.
    Whether it'll be optimized well enough to run 60 on a majority of machines is a totally different matter.

Im almost positive it runs at 60. If it defaults any lower then i really have no idea whats going on.

I really doubt the game uses the same ridiculous system as PSU. More than likely it'll work like every other modern PC game, i.e. frame skips based on internal time and NOT based on a predefined threshold (60/30/15 in PSU) where everything sloooows doooown below that threshold.

PSU was programmed like garbage.

Obnoxious Little Frog Malachite's Avatar

Yes, it was. If PSO2 were to suffer from those same problems (which I'm almost sure that it won't) then I would probably /wrists

Being a PC only game, it should be able to go all the way to stratosphere if your hardware can take it.

Considering that 3D is coded in, it has to at least be able to do 120FPS. (actually, now that I think about it, I don't know if 60FPS can do 3D with 30FPS on each eye... )

In the title screen the framerate wasn't locked, basically the framerate is as high as what the PC can achieve.
    In-game I have no idea though.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

does 30 or 60 fps even matter? i heard that after 24 FPS the human eye can't even detect the difference anymore

No, you can definitely tell the difference.

IIRC most movies run at like 24 FPS, but if you look at most Blu-Ray quality movies, they run upwards of what feels like 60.

My eyes can easily tell the difference, and it bothers me because they no longer look like movies anymore, they look like Videogames or something. Not to mention, older special effects look terrible on Blu-Ray / HD with high refresh rate because they just were not designed for such display.

Basically, movies that used to have realistic looking special effects no longer do to me. They look like special effects from a Videogame or CG movie or something.

But i guess im just someone who can instantly notice the difference because i've grown up with videogames with constantly changing refresh, from the 20s to the 30s to 40s-60s. Half of my family literally cannot point out a difference.

But yeah, generally PCs dont really aim for such a thing. Programming some basic crap in C++, my framerate displays at like 20,000 FPS and higher...
    Last edited by RemiusTA; Dec 18, 2011 at 02:00 PM.