Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Unoptimized race/type combinations

Just trying to stir up some discussion in these boards since lately the activity has gone down a lot.
    How do you feel about some less optimized build combinations, such as Beast Force, or Newman Hunter and the like?
    I'm sure some people just don't know or don't care and just go with what they like, and then you have more power oriented players that go for the optimal combination.

Personally I'm playing Beast/Ranger at the moment, which could be said to be the worst race for Ranger, but it still works decently.
    Actually, the main reason I didn't make a new character is because I don't want to go through all the grind again, and this character has nearly every stat maxed out except EVA and TEC.

Sometimes I wonder if I shouldn't make a CAST after all, since the difference between ATA between a CAST and a Beast is quite significant on a maxed out (rebirths/type/level) character.
    But I just don't have that much time to grind. So to me it is a matter of convenience, time and patience.

How about you?
    ”うーぅす, おはよー!
    あたしはミカ!
    今日も一日がんばっていこーね!"

I've done beast ranger before...though I think I added some Hit-modules as well...
    Become the fence that protects Rachel. Always help her, treat her kindly, and approach her 'pretending to be a friend'. But, always remember. Never give her sympathy. Don't think of her as a friend. So that one day, you will be able to turn your back on her cries when told to do so. Detest her. Because she is the girl who killed my most precious friend. -Koon from ToG

It all matters if it's fun to the player. That's how i see class combination and play how you like.

Cast Supremacy. Nuff said.
    Grinding Magashi Plan in Infinity...

I have a few common and uncommon typings:

This is from my personal experience playing online and comparing my own typings, meaning these typings are my current characters:
    1.Newman force (very common)
    2.Human Hunter (very common)
    3.Human Ranger (somewhat uncommon)
    4.Cast Ranger (very common)
    5.Cast Vanguard (uncommon)
    6.Beast Hunter (very common)
    7.Beast Vanguard (a little less common)
    8.Duman Force (a bit common)

I do know someone who has a Focaseal and uses her very well, and I do believe a beast ranger, cast vanguard, beast force can work well if you know how to pick the right abilities and weaon set ups.
    Last edited by Miki~; Dec 19, 2011 at 02:33 PM.

NC, USA (Online though, you may find me in the unofficial PSOW chat @ http://psoworld.weebly.com/)

The most unoptimized?

Don't think type. Think gender. Newman male is unoptimized. Seriously. There is no such thing. There are only Newman women.

{-} Sig is outdated. Now on Team: ChibiRoar. I'll update eventually... {-}

TemprusofTime @ Deviantart (Novice MMD User)

PSOW on mibbit---
    BTW, yes I'm one of those guy gamers that plays nothing but girl characters. There a problem with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Temprus View Post
    The most unoptimized?

Don't think type. Think gender. Newman male is unoptimized. Seriously. There is no such thing. There are only Newman women.
    lol i've seen maybe 1 male newman. Beasts are typically female I dont see a lot of males but i do see some. Casts are about equal with sighlty more females, humans are equal, and dumans are almost always female.

^Based on my own experience.

NC, USA (Online though, you may find me in the unofficial PSOW chat @ http://psoworld.weebly.com/)

Quote Originally Posted by pspfan36 View Post
    lol i've seen maybe 1 male newman. Beasts are typically female I dont see a lot of males but i do see some. Casts are about equal with sighlty more females, humans are equal, and dumans are almost always female.

^Based on my own experience.
    Nah, you're missing the point. There are no male newman.

Both are girls. Just one is more feminine and wears blue and white.

{-} Sig is outdated. Now on Team: ChibiRoar. I'll update eventually... {-}

TemprusofTime @ Deviantart (Novice MMD User)

PSOW on mibbit---
    BTW, yes I'm one of those guy gamers that plays nothing but girl characters. There a problem with that?

Or just many lolicons out there.
    ”うーぅす, おはよー!
    あたしはミカ!
    今日も一日がんばっていこーね!"

I do know what you mean by the "not wanting to/ or having time to grind multiple characters". I think that is one of the main reasons i chose a human. I wanted a good balance between all types. Also I have always had a thing for Hunewearls since PSOGC. I guess I just like the look. I try to switch between ra/hu/fo but I find myself playing FO most of the time. As far as race/type it seems like because of rebirth any class can be at least decent with any type.
    Last edited by Digital Doom; Dec 19, 2011 at 07:24 PM.
    Susi
    Ship 2