Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Player shops and Visiphones

On the official blog, there's some info about the PSO2's visiphones.

The visiphone terminals are located in the lobby and have two main functions. The first is "Arks Search." This is, as you can probably guess, a person search function.

By searching using a player's ID, you can do a variety of things. You can invite them to your party, send them a message via whatever PSO2's simple mail will be called, add them to your black list, send them a friend request, or transport to their room.

You can also operate and purchase things from player owned shops. You can do this right from the lobby terminal so you don't have to go to other player's rooms. This particular menu gives you several options: item search, shop search, find a friend's shop, manage your shop, or close the menu.

Searching for items looks like this. You can search by item name, category, elemental attribute, grind value, rarity, and/or price. Kind of like the PSU shop search menu.

And this is the menu you get to manage your shop. You can sell stuff or remove stuff to and from your inventory or storage, edit your ad, and check your earnings.

Today's blog also marks the last bit of information on PSO2 for 2011. You'll have to wait until next year for new stuff. There was also a newsletter sent out today. If you signed up previously, check your mailboxes to see if you have properly received it. For those of you who didn't sign up, here are the January wallpapers featuring the "Caterdoran" enemy.

http://pso2.jp/download/mm/wallpaper...1_1024x768.jpg
    http://pso2.jp/download/mm/wallpaper..._1280x1024.jpg
    http://pso2.jp/download/mm/wallpaper..._1920x1080.jpg

I will be honest, at first I completely ignored what the topic was about and was amazed how good a HUcast with humanoid face and FOcast armor looks xD

(Assuming that is what we are seeing, I could be wrong)

Norco   Prins Erik    RA-421

So I am guessing that our Player Shops will be more like Craigslist now and less like PSU (physical shop in your room). I like this idea better. Much more convenient.

Quote Originally Posted by Norco View Post
    I will be honest, at first I completely ignored what the topic was about and was amazed how good a HUcast with humanoid face and FOcast armor looks xD

Seriously, same exact thoughts. Gorgeous character that is.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

I still liked going to people's rooms...

It was like, You adventured through everyone's sanctuary, and everyone was different!

Even though after a while it was just "meh another room"

Anyway glad shops are back, I'm assuming this means rares won't be character locked too, and we'll actually have a reason to have money again.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

I like this method much much better. Being able to manage your own inventory and shop and purchase items from someone else's without having to deal with loading screens and separate counters will make buying and selling items a much friendlier and quicker experience. Man, I am impressed with all the detailed UI work they're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Norco View Post

I second this

Its nice to see an visionphones are back. I like it.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Planning to replay PSP2 and prove to myself that the chaining mechanic do not slow down the pace of the combat. =/
    Planning to replay PSU (ep1 and 2) for story and gameplay, PSZ and PSP2 offline mode Only Also I'm keeping my FC for psz up though the Network Mode is closed.

meh, lets hope they're useful this time.

Acrofighter in Training

All of my fucking money. Just give us the damned game already, Sega. >: (