Thread: Cosplay advice?

Default Cosplay advice?

I wasn't sure where else to post this, admittedly.
    Anyway, I'm planning on cosplaying the human male from PS:P2i, and I need some prop advice. Since it's a Phantasy Star project, I figured this was the best place to ask.

In lieu of the Nightmare Blood daggers he's normally shown with, I've opted for a simpler pair of basic GRM Daggers.

If there are any fellow cosplayers present, I would very much appreciate any advice on how one might go about constructing these daggers, since I'm a total n00b at this.

Can't give you much advice. I've never really gone much into weapon construction. Last time I costumed, it was sans weapons since the person was a weaponless martial artist.

I am planning to cosplay A RAcast him about the weapon I advice that you should do the weapon art daggers of human I make weapons as well but Im a newbhie too

Head to a home supply place like Home Depot or Lowes and look at the different types of foam board they may have.

We made a sort of Last Survivor looking sword out of this blue foam core stuff they had. Only problem was is that it didn't paint well so we had to wrap the sword in masking tape before painting. It looked good but was for show only.

Things fell apart when our buddy borrowed it for some sort of fighting pictures and ended up breaking it.

Another source might be to see what sort of LARP groups are in your area and see what types of materials they use for their weapons. This might be more expensive than a home supply store though.

I'm pretty late on the topic, but if you still need help, let me know.

I don't know what the weapon you are talking about looks like unfortunately.

Ryu3s' idea is good though, I also use the insulation foam for weapons. It cuts easy and you can sand the edges. The only tricky part is making it sturdy with a number of options, and depending how in depth you want to get.

Use palight its pretty much expanded pvc sheets, you can cut them easy, sand them, and then paint them, and usualy get a good finish.

its also cheap "over here anyway"

http://www.palram.com/htmls/product....3120&bsp=14173

ive done some protorypes with it "industrial design" and you can get really good finish jobs. being unexpensive also makes it great.
    Graphics Designer/Product Designer/Illustrator/General handy guy/not taking any requests right now.