Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default Who plans on getting a Wii U?

So I'm currently saving money up to get this thing day 1 (and hopefully have it fully payed for before that via pre-order), anyone else planning on getting it on or soon after launch? If so, what already announced games are you hoping will be launch titles, personally I'm hoping Arkham City (I have a PS3 but when i heard it was coming to Wii U I decided I'd rather play it on that then PS3 so I'm waiting to buy it) and Pikmin 3 (oh god I can't wait to play Pikmin 3!!!!!!!) are.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

If pikmin 3 has that "real life toy" look, I'll probably wanna play it.

Can't think of an example. I'd say little big planet I guess iono...

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Yup, I'll get one. But I imagine most people would like a little more information on silly things like "games" and "features" and "price point" before they decide they want one, though. Hopefully we'll get more details at this year's E3.

I'll be getting one too.
    I hope we will get more information on it soon, but I was anyway already sold when I heard new Smash Bros. coming out.
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic41657_37.gif

Not even a new Smash Bros is going to make me get a Wii U (Brawl was, and still is, the only reason I bought a Wii). To me, the Wii U was the last nail in Nintendo's juvenile gimmick playbook to warrant me ever buying another one of their non-handheld consoles. Personally, I've just grown out of it, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    Not even a new Smash Bros is going to make me get a Wii U (Brawl was, and still is, the only reason I bought a Wii). To me, the Wii U was the last nail in Nintendo's juvenile gimmick playbook to warrant me ever buying another one of their non-handheld consoles. Personally, I've just grown out of it, I guess.
    Off Topic: do you ever post anything positive? ever? The Wii U has all the capabilities of a 360 controller or PS3 controller and is getting a significant number of the "darker" franchises that made a good few people buy ps3 and 360 over the Wii, it's fine if you don't want to buy the thing, but don't try to justify Nintendo being only juvenile.

On Topic: it sounded like Reggie might be appearing on Tuesday to talk a bit about the Wii U but I'd take that with a grain of salt, he might just be going on to give us the basic talk about how "Progress is going smoothly" "we'll have it out by the end of 2012" and "We'll be at E3 to tell you more", but here's to hoping we get something solid.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrith_Ranger_Pso View Post
    Off Topic: do you ever post anything positive? ever? The Wii U has all the capabilities of a 360 controller or PS3 controller and is getting a significant number of the "darker" franchises that made a good few people buy ps3 and 360 over the Wii, it's fine if you don't want to buy the thing, but don't try to justify Nintendo being only juvenile.
    Yes, I post a lot of positive things (even though I am more than a bit curmudgeonly by nature) , but I don't see how that's relevant to the conversation at present. Also, I figured I made it clear enough that my last post was 100% my thoughts and feelings. You don't think Nintendo has gotten too "kiddie?" That's fine. But I do.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    Yes, I post a lot of positive things (even though I am more than a bit curmudgeonly by nature) , but I don't see how that's relevant to the conversation at present. Also, I figured I made it clear enough that my last post was 100% my thoughts and feelings. You don't think Nintendo has gotten too "kiddie?" That's fine. But I do.
    oh, sorry about the misunderstanding, that was a bit harsh on my part

Consoles are rarely worth getting on launch day but i might get one at some point.
    That tablet thing makes it sound like a big DS.

I'll get one at some point. Might get at launch day depending on price and launch titles.