Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The End of PSO.

Hm.... Ive been seeing this lately also. While I'm not at the point of quitting, my friend is.. Last night he told me he went into a game with 3 lvl 40 characters, and they all had celled mags, 2 of them had chain sawd's and the 3rd switched between the infernal bazooka and spread needle. He is ready to quit, I think he want's to quit, he has gotten disgusted by the game and his inablity to find any rare items.. Luckily for me I get more determined.. but I'll check back in after I've logged 400 hours and still can't find anything.

Whoa!....whats going on in our world of PSO....everyone, and I mean everyone has either a holy ray, egg blaster, and all the mag cells and hearts...i've seen so many to the point where I ask myself why I am still playing...i've been playing ever since this game had came out....and all I had in my mind was these rare items and weapons...so night in and night out i would put many man hours in playing this game trying to look for these items....but now as I see so many people with them....I have lost all interest in the game...interaction with other people is fun....but I like going hunting for these weapons...it gave me that drive to keep on lookin'..but now that the dupers have gotten there hands on these such items....it feels like this will probably be the end for PSO....at least for me it is!. anyone agree?????

Why are you guys playing the game based on items or what items players have? When I log on I play to kill all the bosses and generally just have fun killing monsters in the 4 levels. Items are meaningless to me. Its sad to see a game with so much emphasis on items and not on story, because if we had a few more levels a some plot development, we would be playing to find out what happens next.

PSO Assassin
    NYC, Staten Island (the forgotten borough)

After a while the killing gets boring. I am only still on PSO because of the people not the game.

It's not the end...

It does bring a valid point though... a valid point against duping. Which is why I fully support Sonic Teams anti-cheating policy.

As for you, JaDe, you really shouldn't be playing the game based upon what others have. However, a solution may be to "jump ship", so to speak. It's very possible your Ship/Block is saturated at the moment. I'm sure there's still a quiet little corner away from the dupers in PSO. Besides... what are you gonna do when PSO 2 comes out, and the duping is stopped... What are you gonna do if PSO characters transfer???

Play offline or online only with friends. Don't be jealous of the dupers. The fast path to satisfaction is not the best path. Of course games usually don't hold their coolness forever.

I haven't actually seen anyone that I would think duped items. I think most people are honest and play to have fun. Personally because we are not dealing with a persistent online world with PSO, I don't care if people cheat...to each his own.

When you reach level 100 guys, item hunting is your goal, and a lot of us used to enjoy item hunting before duping started. Now why would we want to find an item everyone and there mother has?

if everyone has one why don't I play with friends it solves alot of problems.

The levels themselves get stale fast.

Interacting with people is fun.

But the drive to keep playing as your level increases is usually based on finding rare items. Trading with people is fun. It was obviously encouraged by Sonic Team.

Duping has ruined that. It has taken all of the joy from ultra rares. Because they arent ultra rare anymore. Anyone you see with a good weapon now - what's the first thing you think - I wonder if that's duped? Duping has ruined the game for me.

Playing only with people you know well is a good idea, but breaks down when you think realistically. So you have a group of people - are you going to get EVERYONE to agree to only trade within the group? And why the hell should I have to isolate myself from the world, when the game is meant to be played quite literally WITH the world?

Sega and Sonic Team dropped the ball. I have over 200 hours logged on two characters, and at least I got the majority of my fun in before the duping started. Oh well, anymore I'm just looking forward to the next games, Daytona, UT, etc.