Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Quote Originally Posted by Akaimizu View Post
    Probably was trying a bit of a new direction with the music, that's all. You can tell they were trying, more often than not, to try to mix a bit of the epic orchestral score into the Phantasy Star music for PSU. I would imagine, for some, that didn't mesh as well. Where as Phantasy Star Online had very few tracks trying to go that route after the intro. Moreso, in PSO, they were sticking specifically with a very very electronica sound with experimental keyboard sound envelopes. PSU, I guess for the purpose of its direction, was likely putting pressure to mix that with a different approach.

To a degree, I can understand the feeling on both sides of the spectrum, being a composer myself and going through a similar question about music style change.

For me, it was TRON. Loved the original soundtrack, Love the one for Tron 2.0 (and killer App). Mostly because I absolutely loved the electronica orchestra computer sound of Wendy Carlos, which contributed to those two. I wasn't as enamoured with Daft Punk's music in the new Tron because I felt it went a good direction away from Wendy's style. Thing is, nobody composes like Wendy. She's a one of a kind, but at the same time, her style sort of became synonymous with TRON. It's a tough sell for me, to accept something else, oddly enough.

Still, Wavemaster is a great company for music. Sega really had a lot of hits through them. In a way, I feel the same for Studio Aqua (for which SNK had used for some more recent titles). Studio Aqua is an excellent Japanese team, who also really knows their stuff when it comes to Japanese styles. Wavemaster, while I think doesn't quite have it in for all the various Japanese styles, they have a great grip on a wide range of styles across the world. To tell you the truth, I wanted to be a part of them for a good while. Right around the times Richard Jacques worked with them. We both started in music at similar ages. I was 4.
    Well i guess the odd part about PSU's music direction is, in my post, that soundtrack was almost exclusively done in an "orchestrated" style.

I like wavemaster because all the games they do music for have catchy ass soundtracks, and that seems to be somewhat rare these days for me to enjoy almost every song in a game to some extent

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

PSO2 to have trick track dubstep remix! DO IT!

Wait... I already got tired of dubstep...

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.