Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Restrictive start were reasons I quit both PSU and Vindictus. Ultimate Mode wasn't originally in PSO but the game held its own without it fine. Hitting the level cap and dicking around waiting for the next boost is frustrating, boring, and intolerable if I'm paying a subscription.
    How can I possibly put a new idea into your heads, if I do not first remove your delusions?

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slidikins View Post
    Restrictive start were reasons I quit both PSU and Vindictus. Ultimate Mode wasn't originally in PSO but the game held its own without it fine. Hitting the level cap and dicking around waiting for the next boost is frustrating, boring, and intolerable if I'm paying a subscription.
    Yeah you kind of forget that you're paying 10 dollars a month for only 25% of a game...

That's like a 450 dollar game over the course of three years. Then another 2-3 years being a content drought. So it's like you're paying 810 bucks for like half a game by the time you get to where PSU is today. Assuming you've been paying since day one and bought both the original and expansion. D8

Sure you're paying for the online service, but updates to the game should be apart of that! AND IF ALL THE UPDATES ARE COMING FROM THE DISC...!!

Such an evil and corrupted scam.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Quote Originally Posted by Dre_o View Post
    But I suppose all this hinges on how they plan to work community content into the game. Will they release the modeling tools to the public (See: Team Fortress 2 and Hammer)?
    ... What "community content"? There are not going to be any tools for people to add their own models, maps, or anything to the game. Unless I missed something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kent View Post
    Ideally, they'd start out by releasing an entire game's worth of content, and expand on it over time. This is not what happened with PSO2 [...]
    I think you mean PSU, not PSO2.

Hunter of the Mighty Cake Caerik's Avatar

I'm not sure if I'd get PSO2 if it came out with content locked. That would be ridiculous. Like Rock said it would be paying an obscene price for only a small amount of a game. No, thank you for that idea.

Hopefully we will get a full game's worth of content and then it is built upon by updates, not just re-skins and unlocking of content.

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuketsuki View Post
    ... What "community content"? There are not going to be any tools for people to add their own models, maps, or anything to the game. Unless I missed something.

I think you mean PSU, not PSO2.
    To quote the PSO2 Information Thread (sticky):
    "# Community supported content (obscured)"

It could mean a couple of things, but community created content is most likely (at least to me).

Honestly I wouldn't be COMPLETELY surprised if they let people create their own missions... All you'd have to do is choose from a list of generic objectives like "Kill _____", "Get to _____", or "Find _____"... Then choose an area, and populate it with the monsters you want.

Of course they would probably have to approve of the missions or monitor them or something, otherwise people would create missions with 1000 of a single enemy so they could get an item they want... Or make it extremely easy to get a lot of exp to level up fast. But I think it could work out.

Quote Originally Posted by Colaya View Post
    Honestly I wouldn't be COMPLETELY surprised if they let people create their own missions... All you'd have to do is choose from a list of generic objectives like "Kill _____", "Get to _____", or "Find _____"... Then choose an area, and populate it with the monsters you want.

Of course they would probably have to approve of the missions or monitor them or something, otherwise people would create missions with 1000 of a single enemy so they could get an item they want... Or make it extremely easy to get a lot of exp to level up fast. But I think it could work out.
    Perhaps. But I'd be far more interested in community created weapon and environment models, which is by no means out of the question.
    (No more going off topic for me)
    Last edited by Dre_o; Jan 22, 2012 at 03:41 PM.

Team: Outsourced Mutiny lostinseganet's Avatar
    Lost somewhere between seganet and the grave

Talking They better not.

Resturct leveling but do not restrict game content. Barring people from playing motoob in psu was angering for paying to play a game.
    You need good D...!? Well so do I!
    PSO 2 + D.D.R.♪, Playable Instruments, AND karaoke! Think of the Competitive Anime Conventions!Dreamcast was art, and like art it was not appreciated until it was DEAD
    I like teh magics in my melee. Not teh melee in ma magics (^_0),
    Lostinseganet: Self proclaimed Melee FOrce!

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

It's extremely unlikely that the level cap at release will be the final level cap. However, it's very important to have enough end game content to keep hardcore players satisfied. Intentionally holding back players is frustrating to players that bank a lot of hours. Players that run out of content move on to other games. That is the last thing a publisher wants.

Restricting advancement and content early on is only going to produce the "stop and go" usership of PSU isn't it? People play through to the highest level at the time, get through the new quests, then get bored and quit till next update day, all the while having to pay monthly for those gaps in activity. That doesn't sound palatable at all.

I tend toward pessimism quite too often to believe Sega would go the route of making all their updates be content that they only recently put together and added to the game data on update day. Either way, I doubt it would encourage user bonding.

I haven't played many ORPGs but in the few I've managed to play, people who are "Miles ahead" often get there as a result of longer playtimes. Now if PSO2 is successful, new people should be sifting in every so often anyway.

I remember when I played Monster Hunter 3, people were never seeing eye to eye despite there being not that much content and a steep divide due to the existence of High Rank. It was all either, groups of friends reporting their great successes or failures, or long rants about the idiot n00bs in pick up games.