Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default The future of psu on our servers (360) and the future of PSO2.

I been thinking about this for a while now and I feel like I must write about it here so that you guys can read this and post YOUR thoughts and opinions on the matter.

So anyone who has played PSU here on the 360 or even on the PC/Ps2 servers knows that we have been greatly mistreated by SOA/SOJ yet some of us including myself and those who have moved to the JP servers are still hanging in there because we love this game, period. Sometimes we complain about the horrible treatment we get here, but yet we suck it up and continue playing.

From the start the PC version of the game was the far superior version of the game, yet it still had all of the major flaws that the other versions had. I've been playing PSU since it came out on it's first week I bought it for ps2 and then for PC when I made my gaming pc. Now I play on the 360 servers. I've also played PSO on DC and GC pso so i'm no rookie to this game.

Now we all know what those "flaws" I speak of are especially if you play the 360 version so I dont need to go into too much detail about those, however I will break em down a little bit.

We constantly deal with horrible slowdown, scammers, reskins, lack of content, lack of updates, lack of honest support, hell now known players are getting their accounts hacked and taken away! and my fav of them all all of a sudden 360 PSU is a "different" version of psu hahaha! Yet Sega does nothing to fix any of these issues, but yet we still hang in there by either sucking it up and staying on our server or moving to the JP one even though we dont know the language (well some of you do).

From the start ever since the game came out we have been poorly treated. PSU failed here in America it never got the support PSO did. We got treated as low class gamers eventhough we still payed month after month.

Sometimes I roam around here when i'm bored and have nothing else to do. I click on those jp threads people make here and then click on the videos they post of their adventures in the JP version of the game and it looks sooo cool! I have a capable PC which can run psu no prob, but at this point I dont think it's worth moving to the JP side now. Especially with PSo2 hot into developement. I'm sure PSU doesnt have much time left on either server. So it's pointless now.

Now I know this may seem like a silly rant at this point but hear me out. Even though the game has all these problems I still LOVE the game like most of you here (it's the sole reason we play) I just wish that things were different is all.

Now with PSo2 coming out, but looking at how much of a fail of PSU was i'm seriously thinking of not playing PSO2 as much as I loved PSO (the reason I play psu) I think i'm gonna have to pass on it. If they are gonna treat PSO2 the same way they treated psu then it's not worth getting into at all. It's not worth getting treated like lower class gamers anymore.

I also, think that a big par of the problem has to do with the actual community itself.

For example, people flame each other and get into these huge online arguments over topics such as this one. People make comments such as "oh will it's your lost cuz you dont come to the jp side"

Comments like that are stupid plain and simple. and it's comments like that, that dont help this cause heal or get any better. If a Sega employe wre to read such comment they will be like "oh look we dont need to fix any of this s*** we are treating them like crap but yet even their own population is against them haha so silly!"

Another popular comment is the good old "Herp derp 360 sucks!! PC 4lyfe teh dude!!!" Again the cimmunity just bashing each other and going at each other throats insted of doing something positive...This type of mentality is what holds us back too.

The other problem is the fact that we suck it up and deal with it too. So i'm part of the problem aswell. This is actually one of the MAJOR problems actually.

Lets say we all got together and made a thread on the official PSU site and we all said "Sega we arent taking anymore of your bs, you either fix all these problem and get your ****ing act together or we will all quit and you wont get our money anymore!" Edward@ Sega is our "spoke's man" correct so he could get this important message across to SOJ.

Two things can happen from that. Either they say "**** you. We dont need your money" and close the servers, or they will get scared and know that we mean business and actually get their act together and actually start sorting many of our problems here.

Though I know i'm part of the problem because I always suck it up and deal with it. I would be willing to do such a thing if EVERYONE else was supporting the same cause.

However, that's never gonna happen here, with people flaming one another, others simply not caring as long as they can sit on the 4th floor all day and try their best to cyber female chars we are never gonna move foward as a community.

Anyways, thats all for now. I know topics like this have been made in the past, but they always end up bad because people here are so immature. However i'm asking you as a fellow pso/psu fan to try to take this seriously and really think about the actual problems here insted of quicking pointing out JP psu.

Because in reality it shouldnt have to be that way. There's no reason why non jp players have to suck it up and learn the jp version or spend money/start over on it because they are so lazy/incompetent/dont care about our servers.

If this needs to get put somewhere else cuz it doesnt belong in this area of the site then I dont mind. I just figured most people will see it here sooner is all

Anyways, looks like it's back to the grinding for me. All I can (or any 360 player) do now is just do my best to make the best out of the little we have here and not be negative all the time because that's def not gonna get us anywhere either.

That said post your thoughts and opinions. Do you share similar feelings like mine? Will you run out and buy pso2 in a heart beat and not care about the treated me have recieved? Or will you wait and see how PSO2 gets handled? Or are you completely DONE with Sega and their BS and have quit already and not planning on looking back at all?

Like always, everyones opinion is welcomed in my thread no matter how silly it may be

OMG dias_flac_0g you made this old gamer cry and finally now someone like you self took the time & courage to step up and tell everyone about what is truly is important. now for so long after reading this thread I was a victim of psu from the xbox 360 and SOA and they never ever replied back on the issue that I once had and what I has happen to me in the pass. I join same years as you but I always kelp to my self.I join the Sega forum in 2007 then after that I join PSO World in 2009. For those Years everyone that truly knew me in the 360. I went by the name of Vindicator as the AcroTecher & JCGamer the Beast Forte Fighter and everyone in the Xbox 360 Knew that I always been the nice guys. I helped many people on the Xbox 360.Many that I helped took advantage of me & Lied to me, and Never once they thank me for there Help. I got scam many time over and I got hacked only by Advocate Team and Still Did not I made a report against them because well to be honest.I knew for fact that SOA wont do anything about it or wont take any legal action. I even made call to Xbox live about it and about my account but they did not do a thing about it.So what DID I do? I did nothing?and I started a newer Xbox account and psu account at the time.But then everything was getting bad to worse. Random player spamming real website on there. The player on Xbox 360 starting getting out of control. I could not stand it anymore so I stop paying for psu for the Xbox and started to play private pso server. Until Gizz told me about PSU jp server and ever sense then I been every happy gamer.

Me, Alex and Kasa was discussing about pso2 and Alex brought the subject to are attention. What will happen if pso2 in japan come to play. Will Sega of japan gonna pull the plug like they did with ps2/pc USA version ?

Well we be sitting and playing thinking to are self and say well is best just waited out till the do pull the plug for the psu. and focus on pso2 if those come to the USA.but at the same we feel that pso2 on the USA server gonna be just as worse as the on on the Xbox 360. Because is Know fact that Game Master don't care for the PSU for xbox 360. so they gonna do they same thing if they see that pso2 gaming community get out of control they wont do nothing.Sega of America only care is your money and nothing else. there way is if you have a problem don't come to us or be crying to us policy. Just deal with and move on and so on and so on.

dias_flac_0g Im telling you this now ok, if the PSO2 come to the USA and Sega wont do a thing about it and if those gets out of hand and they cant control the community like there suppose to. then I have say is heck with Sega of America. and say hello to pso2 on the jp server cuz that where I want to be.

shoulda came to JP, lol
    Orius - M.Newman lvl180 MF20 ---- Megalodon V9.0 - M.Cast lvl180 fG20/GM20
    _______ YOmap - M.Beast lvl104 PT20 ---- ダークエンジェル F.Human lvl57 AF11________

JP PSU
    www.psupedia.info/User:Orius

There is no obligation. Its either you want to play a superior version of psu that has its flaws or play a worse version with more flaws but US language support. This going on strike shit would just cause the 360 servers to be shutdown like the PS2/PC. These topics end up "all bad" because there is nothing actually to discuss. Well maybe one thing...and thats what goes through SOJ's higher up heads when they localize and try to support a PSO game. But that will go off topic quick.

But I'll give you one thing you would be amazing at writing papers with a high word requirement. This is the first time I read so much and got so little out of it.

It seems to me that it's a little too early to assume how will Sega treat non-asian gamers that are looking forward to PSO2. Plans on Korean version with barely any information on other regions is not a very good sign, but the game is still in alpha version. Sega has faced financial problems lately, so if they are launching a pay-to-play PC project in the era of f2p MMOs, there is a possibility know what are they doing. The likely options are as follows:

1) They've realised what international market is, and will now try to appeal to a wide audience worldwide;
    2) They are going to aim for the established audience: Japanese, Korean, possibly Chinese players. Each region gets a separate server, including a throwaway one for the outer world.

But if you'd like a speculation: from the looks of it, the odds are not in 1)'s favor. PC may be a superior platform, but consoles are just as popular in EU and NA regions. They are going to release a game that looks like it was made in 2006 for PC only, advertise it in Japan and share plans about Korea, where PC reigns supreme. I think that this speaks about their priorities much better than one guy who claims that they are going to make PSO2 popular.

The plan on "fixing" PSU is just silly, though. Even taking aside the fact that the first part will never happen, their choice in case something like that does happen is not only not limited, it leans heavily to "Not give a damn and let everything go as it does". Even in Japan PSU is now dying - the latest update that's going to turn it into a pay to win game is a good sign of that. They sure aren't going to suddenly rush to save the Xbox 360 version, that's in an even worse state, and I assume is less profitable, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sp-24 View Post
    the latest update that's going to turn it into a pay to win game is a good sign of that

Woah wait what? Care to explain? I've been out of the loop and its a little harder keeping up since its JP psu.

I'll have to scratch that. I was referring to the Community Course that has actually been present for a very long time now. *facepalm*

Kagajibaris are Dezorians Omega-z's Avatar

The JP version is still going to be there for another 3-5 yrs. there nothing one can do about it. It's how things are. I say 4 yrs. , 1 for strong content, 1 for finishing content and 2 for wrapping up. Even if PSO2 comes out PSU is still going to be there for a few more years, No doubt about that.

JP PSO only just shutdown back in 27th December 2010 if thats anything to go by jp psu will be around for quite some time dont worry.
    I heard that pso jp also still got constant updates so....
    ★☆F i g h t e r f o r l i f e☆★
    GT:VictoriX VII

Elite Masterforce Soloist Midori Oku's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omega-z View Post
    The JP version is still going to be there for another 3-5 yrs. there nothing one can do about it. It's how things are. I say 4 yrs. , 1 for strong content, 1 for finishing content and 2 for wrapping up. Even if PSO2 comes out PSU is still going to be there for a few more years, No doubt about that.
    This^

The best thing Sega could do, is give PSO2 a worldwide server.