Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Same here.

Either they launch a Global Server or I play in the Original Version.

Sega likes to call it an "mmorpg" when there is nothing "mmo" about it, and a lot of MMORPGs have the main company running servers and usually by the second expansions, all servers are unified within each region.

Also, I expect the game to be to standards with other PC games on the minimum. Here is the following I expect:

~Unified Resolution: 1920 x 1080
    ~Unified Servers: Global Network under the same version numbers.
    ~Unified Textures: This means there are at least Three Texture Packages, Low, Medium and High, and the Ultra High is the High, but without Compression.
    ~Unified Graphic drivers: This means Nvidia and ATI release drivers along with Crossfire/SLI profiles and that each set of drivers utilizes the video card's internals decently. This means support for Anti Aliasing, Anisotropic Filtering and Modern Graphic advancements.

This for me is a minimum that I expect. Sometimes I get 3 out of 4 and its ok as well. I care a lot for compatibility. Sure, I have a killer PC, but I know that many I meet don't have it.

I don't want people to be forced into the entire Frameskip BS that affects players. I want even under minimum settings to be able to run with Frameskip 0. I mean seriously, the last game I played that had the option to change frameskip in an ONLINE SETTING was a game from the late 90s and here we are in 2012.

"Prays that a certain celebrity meteor can break a fragment and hurl it SEGA's way, Amen!"
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

PSU just seems to be getting closer to EOL. I have seen that with several products here at work, and once you get past a certain date is far better to not service the older stuff and focus in on the new.

Will there ever be a lot of money put into fixing the 360 PSU? I don't think so.
    Control-F.
    Never leave a FAQ without it.

as i said in a post before, some of us have that "battered wife syndrome" with Sega. people who are in love with their batterer regardless of how bad they are treated. always praying and hoping they will change and treat you better but, no matter how much you complain, you get the same results...a black eye and broken ribs. well, i got tired of Sega's "mistreatment" and i left. why should Sega fix anything when people are willing to pay them regardless of their service. so i don't blame Sega much for their poor service because people are willing to give them money anyway because "you" love them.

to answer your question about if PSO2 comes to the states would i buy it? unless PSO2 goes global, there is no way in hell i'd buy PSO2.

have a great day.
    i like to GO places, but CRAZY isn't one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by bupjo View Post
    as i said in a post before, some of us have that "battered wife syndrome" with Sega. people who are in love with their batterer regardless of how bad they are treated. always praying and hoping they will change and treat you better but, no matter how much you complain, you get the same results...a black eye and broken ribs. well, i got tired of Sega's "mistreatment" and i left. why should Sega fix anything when people are willing to pay them regardless of their service. so i don't blame Sega much for their poor service because people are willing to give them money anyway because "you" love them.

to answer your question about if PSO2 comes to the states would i buy it? unless PSO2 goes global, there is no way in hell i'd buy PSO2.

have a great day.
    Which is why I wished people would grow a pair and insted of complaining do something about it. I've already explained what needs to be done. However there's too much fear to do it.

I love the game, but i'm willing to give it up just to "show" them.

I know what i'm saying sounds silly to some of you, but that's the only way. Imagine if everyone took my side, and quit? and we let it be known that we wont take the bad treatment anymore?

There's a 50/50 chance of they either stop support completely or make things better for us.

If they take our "support" away and close down our servers then SO BE IT. Atleast we didnt give em anymore of our hard earned money. I guess you can see it as at least we went down "fighting" so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by dias_flac_0g View Post
    Which is why I wished people would grow a pair and insted of complaining do something about it. I've already explained what needs to be done. However there's too much fear to do it.

I know what i'm saying sounds silly to some of you, but that's the only way. Imagine if everyone took my side, and quit? and we let it be known that we wont take the bad treatment anymore?

There's a 50/50 chance of they either stop support completely or make things better for us.

If they take our "support" away and close down our servers then SO BE IT. Atleast we didnt give em anymore of our hard earned money. I guess you can see it as at least we went down "fighting" so to speak.
    Hard earned money? Isn't most of them on there kids? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Keilyn View Post
    Same here.

Either they launch a Global Server or I play in the Original Version.

Sega likes to call it an "mmorpg" when there is nothing "mmo" about it, and a lot of MMORPGs have the main company running servers and usually by the second expansions, all servers are unified within each region.

Also, I expect the game to be to standards with other PC games on the minimum. Here is the following I expect:

~Unified Resolution: 1920 x 1080
    ~Unified Servers: Global Network under the same version numbers.
    ~Unified Textures: This means there are at least Three Texture Packages, Low, Medium and High, and the Ultra High is the High, but without Compression.
    ~Unified Graphic drivers: This means Nvidia and ATI release drivers along with Crossfire/SLI profiles and that each set of drivers utilizes the video card's internals decently. This means support for Anti Aliasing, Anisotropic Filtering and Modern Graphic advancements.

This for me is a minimum that I expect. Sometimes I get 3 out of 4 and its ok as well. I care a lot for compatibility. Sure, I have a killer PC, but I know that many I meet don't have it.

I don't want people to be forced into the entire Frameskip BS that affects players. I want even under minimum settings to be able to run with Frameskip 0. I mean seriously, the last game I played that had the option to change frameskip in an ONLINE SETTING was a game from the late 90s and here we are in 2012.

"Prays that a certain celebrity meteor can break a fragment and hurl it SEGA's way, Amen!"
    I hated how PSU on PC was just a ****y PS2 port. It lacked all of those things you just mention. More like it lacks all those things you just mentioned =P Sure you can hax a 1080p resolution and even force AA through other programs but still there's no reason why the game didnt have all those options in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Resanoca View Post
    Hard earned money? Isn't most of them on there kids? lol
    Most of the people that I know on there or that I know of are mostly 20+ some are even 30+ That's just a silly steriotype of the 360 version. Are there kids in our version? You bet. They dont make the whole community though I can asure you of that.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodflowers View Post
    Not a god damn chance. I'm not paying for second class service again. JP/global or nothing.
    This x1000.

Part of me is saying I will purchase PSO2 for both regions, but it will only be to get the hang of the menus/items/systems and then make JP the permanently played version. I also thought there could be the chance that they could actually turn things arou--ppffffAAHAHAHAHAHA!

If anyone in this game (or even series) has learned anything, they will not support the US release of this game if the servers are not global. I hope there is a language option on the JP release and then we won't have to worry about a thing.

I don't post to just bash Sega/Sonic Team at all, but their track record from PSO/U support has earned them no respect from me or any other player for that matter. Many times during PSU's life I have been optimistic and honestly thought they were putting forth an honest effort to work ways around the issues, whether it be content, connection issues, and security/cheating prevention, and they have literally only improved on one--the cheating portion, but even that isn't good enough because Sega/ST only has one Game Master appointed to the game.

When you look at all of this, and (slightly off topic) the Streets of Rage Remake being taken down after apparently being given the thumbs up beforehand, there is no reason to support or respect this company in any way, shape, or form whatsoever. They (as a company) deserve nothing more than absolute failure.

Quote Originally Posted by Powder Keg View Post
    When you look at all of this, and (slightly off topic) the Streets of Rage Remake being taken down after apparently being given the thumbs up beforehand, there is no reason to support or respect this company in any way, shape, or form whatsoever. They (as a company) deserve nothing more than absolute failure.
    Part of what makes it so hard to let go of Sega is that they still occasionally turn out some real gems. Valkyria Chronicles and Bayonetta being two such examples. Yeah, ok, so technically Bayonetta was made by Platinum Games (ex Clover Studios guys) - but Sega had the good sense to keep the fuck out of it, keep the cash flowing, and to be generous with the licensing of old IP media for references to their classic arcade hits.

The company I grew up with and still love is in there, but in the same way that Tetsuo was still in that amorphous blob of death at the end of Akira. There's still something worth fighting for in there, but if you get too close it'll probably just crush and devour you.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

Quote Originally Posted by Powder Keg View Post
    This x1000.

Part of me is saying I will purchase PSO2 for both regions, but it will only be to get the hang of the menus/items/systems and then make JP the permanently played version. I also thought there could be the chance that they could actually turn things arou--ppffffAAHAHAHAHAHA!
    I was telling all of my friends this. I will purchase the game twice if they decide to make separate servers. one copy of each JP and US. The US one would just be for learning the game and JP for actually playing it. If money gets tight I'll just watch a bunch of videos and ask other US players.

Quote Originally Posted by dias_flac_0g View Post

I love the game also, enough so, I am willing to learn Japanese and struggle though the JP side so I can keep playing.

The only way this will turn around is some rich person or group that likes PSU on the 360 to step up and offer to pay Sega JP the big bucks or whatever it would cost to update the game. Maybe a third party company to write a new expansion, but someone has to pay the bill for that and it looks like Sega isn't willing to. Or some other rich person or people to step up and buy Sega JP and tell the folks there to fix and update that hurting 360 version PRONTO. I know without a doubt something will happen.

I don't see it being profitable to plug in a great source of money into an aging game. If 360 PSU had the following that Wow does, I am sure there would be a lot more service to the 360 side.

Have you heard about any new expansions due to come out for PSU? I have not, and on top of that to see PSP2 (digital version) pulled from the PSN so Vita owners won't be able to play it, leaves me wondering how much Sega wants to continue supporting the current products when they have PSO2 in alpha?

Here is what will happen if folks quit the 360 side out of some protest. Sega will look to see if the profits are still high enough to continue the game and if not they will shut it down. Remember PSU and other games are a product to the decision makers. Will this product make them money or not?

Instead of quitting to "show them," why not gather some heavy investors with deep pockets who have a desire for space battles and female newmans? That by far will do more than a mass quitting.
    Last edited by OldCoot; Feb 6, 2012 at 04:55 PM.
    Control-F.
    Never leave a FAQ without it.