Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Honestly, I really dont want to move to the jp side because for 1 i missed out on a lot of stuff and 2 I cant read Japanese for nothing so nope aint gonna even attempt it. There are also a number of rumors about why the us side of psu aint got any attention, one of them is (what I heard) because Microsoft dosen't really like mmos and they want a cut in profit as well so Sega has to fight them (i guess). The most famous rumor is because SOA/SOJ don't like us and could care less (what most people say) I don t think moving to the jp side helps either because that could give them the exuse ("People in the west is just gonna move to the jp side so why should we bother keeping up the west side of psu."). like you guys here, I love this game to and I hope things actually change after pso 2 is done with. That game looks koo and all but um it seems like a psu remake anyways from what i seen so yea lol. All we can do is hope for the best because until a English patch or something is made for jp psu, im not moving and also computers are to much of a hassle some times so if our side dose get owned im probably just gonna stick with the psp versions of the games. Other than that lets just wish for the best people and see what happens.

Strikes wouldn't work. They'll just drop support because they'll just take it as people over here not wanting the game. It's been like that since PSO, and there's no evidence that yet another depopulation would suddenly make them act different, this time. That's not how they operate.

Is it wrong for some of us to be happy that we actually get the Phantasy Star series stateside? For some, I can see their argument and that's the way they feel. It's not necessarily wrong either, the difference in people are a lot like the differences in tastes among the gaming public. True, the differences in localization are apparent, but it's up to you whether you still like it enough to stick around.

It would be great if PSO2 would go more international with their service, but alas, that's just a hope. Thing is, for me. There's a lot of great gaming coming out and while I'm definitely game for a new Phantasy Star (I do love the series), it doesn't bother me that much. I'll get what they're willing to give and that's that.

I quit PSU because I was tired of the low rate game I was playing. It wasn't fun, the people just got worse. So I quit. But yesterday I finally just said, "Why not" and got the JP version. I don't know how to read japanese, and I don't have the premium. I can't even type in Japanese characters on my keyboard without a headache (windows xp). But I really enjoy it, MUCH BETTER than xbox 360 servers. I am currently teaching myself all the katakana and hiragana, and the only two people I've met on the game were both nice, took me on runs, and spoke boith Japanese and English. One was from Michigan! So I don't regret it. And if I paid 10 dollars a month for the trial game (xbox servers) then I can pay 13 dollars a month for the real game. And I think most of the content I like is guardians cash. So instead of complaining, at that obviously be unfair, I'll just get something once a month or whatever, it doesnt matter to me! I enjoy meeting people, and I have met my significant other on the xbox servers, and a great friend through trial and error. And I expect, with some Skyping, I can meet some other great people online, and continue to enjoy my now more interactive version of my favorite visual chatroom

Dias_flac_og, I have seen you a few times on U2. I figured it had to be you being I have never seen a character with the same name before. Maybe I am wrong, but I have seen you on the boards for a long time.

I played since the first day and have quit several times to go do other things. I do not think a strike or whatever else is really going to do much.

The 360 version is on maintenance right now. This side of the game is just getting a few things that were planned out years ago and are now finally seeing the light of day. I entered a few lobbies that had potential on Neudaiz for example, and even though there is a vendor, there isn't much to do there. I think right now Sega is just trying to stretch out play on PSU for a while longer before pulling the plug until they have a working replacement which I think will be PSO2.

For the flammers, scammers and other malcontents on the 360 side, I don't trade with folks unless I play with them a lot, and only buy from shops. All the spam I see every day I just walk around for a few minutes before I try to do runs and mute them over live. After a few days of this I see little spam about some 10/10 weapons or gotchas.

I guess what I am trying to say is to try and enjoy the game for what it is and know that Sega has other plans. I for one wished the English PC version was still up now that I have a joystick working on my PC.

I made an account for the JP PC side and the game is the same except I don't read or speak Japanese. The play seems to be the same and once I get my joystick to mimic how the 360 joystick does the controls I will be a lot happier.
    Control-F.
    Never leave a FAQ without it.

I honestly think the only thing that might catch their attention is some kind of mass mailing. Maybe we should all send them a bottle of lube, and ask tell them that if they're going to keep bending us over. They could at least have the decency to use it.

After reading through most of your post, they seem to be more or less very silimar to each other so insted of addressing them one by one I will just address most of them in one post.

A lot of you are still under the illusion that JP PSU is the ANSWER to our problems. But that is far from the truth. To some it is the answer to the horrible service that we have been getting for the past 5 years or so.

Those of you who have capable computers and those of you who can somewhat understand the Japanese language.

Lets be realistic here now shall we?

What about all those who cant afford a decent pc or even know how to upgrade or turn it into a decent gaming pc that can run psu granted that psu doesnt require much but still. With todays economy and people losing their jobs spending 400-500 bucks on a decent pc is a no go.

There's also the langue barrier. I can easily play and run the game, but I wont know how to read a damn thing that's on the screen or even what my fellow teamates type. Can you imagine how frustrating playing like that would be?

So no moving to JP is not a realistic solution is more of a desperation move.

There's no reason why our servers dont get treated just as good or atleast HALF as good as the JP servers PERIOD.

The only things that hold us back is our crappy and cowardly mentality.

We let Sega bend us over and do what they want with us as as long as we get a few scraps from our favorite online game.

One of you said that if we do "strike" that Sega would just close down our servers. I would LOVE to see that, seriously.

I honestly Sega wonuldn't do that. They love our money. But they are happy getting our money with little effort. Sega knows about our mental state they know that we wont do **** other than migrate to the JP servers (still getting their money so they dont care) or bend over take it up the ass and suck it up here on the 360 servers.

That's why they operate the way they do.

The 360 servers still make them enough money to "care" otherwise they would have shut themd own along with the PC/PS2 servers. Those servers had like 2 stars in uni2 (I palyed on PC so I know) at max! So it doesnt surprise me that Sega close those down. Hell it makes sense! Why spend money of a server with like 5 people on it only?

I feel like if we continue with this cowardly mentality and act like little sheep and take everything that is thrown at us then we are gonna keep getting the same treatment even with PSO2.

Look at at our servers right now. Two days before our current event eneded we started having this HORRIBLE lag (not the frame rate slowdown) it makes the game unplayable we just got a content update today and the problem is still there that's 3 days already!!! We cant even enjoy our new content.

It's soo bad that it disconnects you all the time too. There's hardly anyone on because it just boots you off.

Edward@Sega our "spokes man" (lmao) says we have to be patient hahaha we have been for 3 days!! Hell we have been for five ****ing years already!!

This is NOT the first time something like this has happened. Many times we have had horrible server problems such as this one. If you played for 5 years like I have then you know what they are.

It wouldnt be a bad idea if we all just quit and teached them a lesson. That would be awesome actually maybe then they'll get their act together.

Sure some of you are probably like "Oh if you have so many problems with the game and hate the service, why dont you quit?" Simple, I love the game just as much as you do (i've explained this in my first post).

Also if I quit that's just one man, Sega wont care if I quit that's only 10 bucks gone. Not a big deal at all. So I wont change a damn thing. This obviously requires support from alot of custumers to actually work.

That said, I know this wont happen. Because there's too nay cowards in our community and some just simply dont care if they are getting ****ed over.

One guy alone cant change things without some support.

Quote Originally Posted by dias_flac_0g View Post

There's also the langue barrier. I can easily play and run the game, but I wont know how to read a damn thing that's on the screen or even what my fellow teamates type. Can you imagine how frustrating playing like that would be?
    For me it isnt frustrating, even in the least bit. It's the same as playing PSU servers anyways. Never really have that many conversation or game-plans going on in 360 unless im playing with people I normally play with, which on JP is english speaking players.

read what's on the screen? I guess aside from mission counters and trade-in missions (which PSUPedia help more than enough to get around) you really don't need to read anything on the screen.
    So long Xbox servers! Hello JP PSU, Infinity, and PSO2!

JP PSU: Samus Aran lvl 180/20 GM

Y'know the adults on Charlie Brown? The sound they make? Yeah, that's what I hear after reading that...post.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachief View Post
    For me it isnt frustrating, even in the least bit. It's the same as playing PSU servers anyways. Never really have that many conversation or game-plans going on in 360 unless im playing with people I normally play with, which on JP is english speaking players.

read what's on the screen? I guess aside from mission counters and trade-in missions (which PSUPedia help more than enough to get around) you really don't need to read anything on the screen.
    Lol, is all I can do when I read stuff like this.

You guys just go off on one little "flaw" in my post and do your best to derail it from the actual topic at hand. It's the coward mentality that i'm talking about.

That said, i'll play nice right now and i'll give YOU your way

Ok, lets say that I do join the JP servers obviously the FAR superior version of the game (no one is arguing that here) and then what?

That does NOTHING for my cause and the topic at hand. Lets use our brains a little bit. Infact i'll be part of the PROBLEM aswell. The more os us move to the Jp server the less reason Sega has to fix OUR servers.

"Oh hey kwel dude!!! We dont even need to make them a server because they are so deperate to play that they'll join ours even with all the complications that come with it. Awesome!! ^_^"

Sorry, but no. I want a server with people I can speak with and relate with in some form or another. That's not a bad thing. Hell make it like PSO US, EU, and JP. We're all together in a way but with our own area. That worked out great.

That said i'm in no shape or form saying that the JP server isnt an enjoyable server to play in, nor am I saying that you guys who do play on it arent having a good time. All i'm saying is that you guys arent helping OUR server actually get any better, and that a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Resanoca View Post
    Y'know the adults on Charlie Brown? The sound they make? Yeah, that's what I hear after reading that...post.
    Since I'm used to that kind of posts disguised of half-baked rants, my brain automatically responds to the stimulus with the following reaction:

Spoiler!