Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Help with Dark Falz

I'm currently PINKAL FOnewearl and it's the first Force I've ever really made in PSO and I cannot seem to shake Dark Falz in the hard difficulty. I'm currently level 44 which seems to be above expected what I've been told.

My overall damage seems to be fine because I can kill off the first two forms easily within 1-2 minutes which appears a lot faster than any of the Hunters I've made but the second I get to the third form no matter what I do, either his melee attack 1hko's me or Grante 1hko's me. I tried using 4 General HP's linked to my armor, which helped me survive the melee attack, however didn't help so much when he used Grante. So I talked to a personal friend who told me to try out some Resist Saints because my character has no funding it's the best I could buy/find at the time. I tried that and I got to the third form, but the melee attack killed me. I used up my 10 Scape Dolls prior to my more serious runs and I'm currently left with none.

Can someone give me some advice on how to survive the battle? it would be nice to be able to move on rather than grinding the Ruins for another 10+ levels.

Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by zoulen; Jan 24, 2012 at 05:21 AM.
    There is nothing, it is empty...

The only advice I can give is:

1) If you're playing online, find someone who's willing to spare a few Resist/Holy (or Saint) units or money.
    2) If you're playing offline, do some Hunter's Guild quests to get money (and levels)

No, you don't have to grind out another 10+ levels, but if you can't outlive Grants you're going to have a hard time beating Falz. Alone, he'll hit you with Grants again and again and again and if you're using Scapes everytime he casts it you're in a losing battle.

Quote Originally Posted by PSOW Guides
    Forces: Do NOT say you do not have a Club of Laconium yet. You should have found at least ONE by now. Equip the Club of Laconium and fire Foie no matter what. Dark Falz's invincibility does not protect him from magic, so keep firing it off.
    Just watch out, since his slash attack does set damage. Don't drop below that set HP else you'll have the same issue you have with grants.
    How can I possibly put a new idea into your heads, if I do not first remove your delusions?

So with grants you might need to get hit by a blue ball cuz they do less damage and by the time he casts grants you will just be getting up to no damage. And good his melee attk Theres no way to dodge or reduce its damage unless u use jellen and deband.. I suggest scapedolls Thats how i got into ult with my level 44 hunter. Ten scap dolls.

I'm playing offline on my Gamecube.

Do you know what the set damage is by chance? or a decent amount to have my HP at prior to the fight?

Thank you for your advice.

..... I have the same type of character and shes level 124. As i can remember for me it wasnt hard because i had a hildebears head and a crap load of scape dolls.but now in ult she has no problem. Dark falz is hardest in v.hard and hard... Only because your not fully powered up..... But as for your charactr, since FOnewearl's hp is naturally the lowest i suggest dragon hps or higher defence. Try leveling to 50 or 60,if ur not comfortable. With ur level.

It all just comes down to surving the grants attack, and the hit DF inflicts immediately after. Resists/Saints are good, but Dragon HPs are even better. Then use a Club Of Laconium if you have one, and blast away with Foie.

I have a Club Of Laconium, like I said my damage isn't the problem surviving is. I tried using Resist Saints and I stilled died in one hit, and I don't think it's possible for me to obtain a Dragon HP at my level.

Resist/Saint won't affect Falz's Grants, that does set damage regardless of you ELT. check the shop to see if there are any HP increasing stuff there. if you can survive Grants/the slash, just heal after each hit and spam Foie

Quote Originally Posted by TrueChaos View Post
    Resist/Saint won't affect Falz's Grants, that does set damage regardless of you ELT.
    Incorrect.

However, it's true that HP/Units will be a more valuable asset during your fight. Because all of Dark Falz's attacks (this applies to all three forms, mind you) are either set damage or tech based, your Defense is useless here, and the usefulness of your Resistances pale in comparison to that of your HP. Find a way to increase it; my advice would be to level yourself up in other areas, all the while looking for General/HPs and HP Materials. If your other characters are at a high enough level, you could simply buy General/HPs from the shop. Going hand in hand with these units, a four slot Frame is highly recommended. As stated, Defense means nothing during this fight, so even a Lv1 Frame will suffice.

What is your current HP? You may not be as far off as you might think.
    Verdana is a pretty good font.

2X-6 Corsair :: Metal XII :: Unit 12 :: War :: Dozen
    Neyami Red :: Dr. Paul :: Izar Erori :: Brynhildr :: Fenchano

Oh I already beat him a couple days ago. I was 2 hp short from what I needed to survive... :l