Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Any PSO music in PSO2?

Random thread because I'm still hyped about PSO2.

Has anyone discovered any music/remixes from PSO in PSO2?

I mean, there's nostalgia everywhere (loading screen, SFX, everything) so I figured there probably will be some old music.

I feel like I'm going to hear the original PSO opening at some point during PSO2...

Sequels always do that stuff.

Considering PSU had a ton of PSO stuff, and considering PSO2 is PSO (with a 2)...yes there probably is some, just not much yet.
    Last edited by Zaix; Jan 28, 2012 at 06:23 PM. Reason: typos
    PSO2 JP Characters:
    SHIP 02:
    Kyoushu HU: 45 FI: 51 RA: 28 FO: 15 BR: 44

Princess of the Eternal Flowers Masterflower's Avatar

Oh Vash what are you doing to me... I must have seen the intro like 50 times lol. The music alone gets me hyped. You see that lil Newman in the intro? Thats me wanting to get in there and kick some major butt lol. Apart from the SFXs, all the music I heard are pretty new. I'm pretty sure PSO2 will have some PSO music somewhere but for now the nostalgic feel is good enough for me :3.
    Just another same old day.

It is still in the alpha phase and nice to reference a song I uploaded years ago.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

The forest music is a remix of the PSO forest music, caves is too a tiny tiny bit.

Maybe if we're lucky, we'll get an area suitable for a remix of Tricktrack... Which is already a mixing of several classic Phantasy Star tracks.

So it'd be like a meta-remix.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

Quote Originally Posted by Kent View Post
    Maybe if we're lucky, we'll get an area suitable for a remix of Tricktrack... Which is already a mixing of several classic Phantasy Star tracks.

So it'd be like a meta-remix.

Phantasy Star Online Soundtrack - Tricktrack PART2 - YouTube
    I hope so. I'm a big fan of classic PS music, especially PS II. I had some true-to-Genesis (Model 1) recordings, but I also liked having MIDIs many years ago, they could be really excellent with the right soundcard. At the time I was playing around with the MIDIs I had a Fortissimo II, it had a decent hardware synth, I remember snagging drivers off their site with the 8MB DLS soundbank and being surprised how decent their stock soundbank was.

Ahem, anyway, I'd be very interested to see what else they can do with some oldschool PS beats.

The music in this game is amazing.

The only thing that urks me, is that the stages dont actually seem to have set loops about them. There are points where music plays during certain interrupt events that will play, but it seems like the song never really progresses. It's done on purpose, but i really love the forest music in this game when it plays normally (the music that plays in the VERY first PSO video is the forest music battle theme), but it rarely actually plays like that.

The music is great in a PSO Episode I way (ambiance) instead of PSO Episode II (melody). Hopefully later stages will go into PSO Episode III territory.

It feels unique regardless though. All music in the game is made to transition into the next theme.
    Last edited by Serephim; Jan 28, 2012 at 09:16 PM.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Yeah why don't you guys just turn off sound effects.

Stand in each room/map/area.

And just record the music!

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.