Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Well the biggest problem with online games and cheating is the econ factor. IE If you create 1000 doublesabres then the item is no longer rare and unique. It becomes lame and a giveaway to newbies. The value of the item just drops to nothing, no value to something so great. All because you cheated.

I am worried about a post I read earlier. I am lv 26 as my sig states. The gear I have I think is sweet, but I havent had much better yet... I want to buy a double sabre, but I read that money duping is common and noone takes money now because of it. If that is the case then someone like me is just SOL because of *cheaters*. I can only get that item by working hard in saving money, and people like you took that away from me.....
    Playing as Keahi on Phantasy Star Portable 2 - US Version.

Coolest Motha on the planet

i got almost the same prob and i thought if i got higher luk then maybe i would find better stuff. so what are the ways to level that up, besides using materia.

Ok so you've got a few points but they are quite invalid! Im more of a gamer than you'll ever be! I'v been a gamer since the Atari days and have seen games come and go! Yes when I get tired of my girlfriend I do go somewhere else, what's wrong with that? You see you say you get mad when cheaters come online with all these high levels and rare items yet you dont play with them so what are you bitching about? It's thier team not yours and if they do wander into your party then leave and start a new game or use a password! Your obviously not a true gamer as you seem to think there is some actual challenge to PSO. There is very little to the game after you get to level 50 let alone beating the game twice with two different chars. I did that without cheating too, so now my gameshark makes the game fun again for me! You can bash me all you want, I never intended to attack anyone personally and I wont do that even though you seem to think its cool to do that. Think of it like this. When you pick or find friends, you find people with whom you have things in common with. So do the same online! I can cheat all I like to make my char strong enough to play vhard especially since I've beaten the game sensless and it never was much of a challenge anyway. Hey thank for personally attacking me. It made my day! You see the points you make are invalid because they dont concern or have anything to do with you, simply becuase YOU can avoid these people and quest with who you like! So save your badmouthing for something that is actually valid and let people enjoy the game as they see fit so long as they dont hurt you.

You guys dont get it! If you play the game or level up to 100 without cheating, you'll have 1000 of each item! It's not hard to do. Cheating has little to do with that! As far as Meseta go, Meseta is pointless in this game other than to buy Mag food, or grinders. Weapons and Armor can be found in the various levels which is better than anything you find at the store. Go online and play vhard, use a password and lock yourself in the game. You 'll get a ton of Meseta, pick up any and all items even if you cant use them, sell them at the store and this adds to your bank account! See the whole point is that Sega made a great game but it's a very shallow game that's more about running around in the same 4 areas, and slashing look a like enimies rather than making a game with a purpose to it. It would be nice if rare items, money, and levels actually meant something, or that you could only find one for yourself!

Mayu since you do not understand or have not read the previous posts I beg you to reread my last post. It will explain to you why it bothers us so much.

Ambrial, I have read your posts and respect you opinion. Dont get me wrong, I didnt cheat until the game became a drag. Cheaters are NOT hurting you. You dont quest with them, you dont talk to them you dont have anything to do with them so what you say has no validity. It sounds like a bunch of envious, jealous gamer who are only upset because they are working hard for thier items in THIER games while cheaters are having it easy in THIER games. In no way do cheaters affect PSO. You get out of it what you put into it and that's that. I see your point, but i simply dont agree with it only because cheaters only affect your char or game exp if you let them! I come from a wealthy family, and have had it easy most of my life! Does that give others the right to condem me becasue they've had to work hard all THIER life? Just because I have it easy doesnt mean I'm not a hard worker or lack any passion. It's just the way it is. I love PSO and cant wait for PSO 2 or PS 5! I wont cheat on any game that has some substance to it. Look at PS 1-4! Never cheated on those never will! Why? Because they are a challange! PSO is not a challange after a certain level. Hey I'm not trying to bash legit players and I'm not trying to stick up for cheaters, I just feel like this is something that has been blown out of porportion

Oh! There is NO value to any items in PSO anyway since, they are easily obtained by playing online by yourself on the other difficulties. You cant say either that by cheaters distributing rare items it affects you at all. Dont accept the items, dont play with level 1's who have a DB Saber or Dragon Slayer! That's all there is to it! They made items to avaliable to begin with! Each class and char should only be able to obtain 1 of each rare item just like it used to be

I'm sick of cheating morons who they're they're hot stuff because they can drop 100,000 meseta in front of me like nothing.

LAME.

I ignore any/all cheaters. I'm NOT impressed.

The other bad side of cheating -- newbies run around expecting someone to hand them tons of crap without having to put forth any effort.

This taints the entire game, no matter how private you can make your team. I'm sorry, but we all share the same lobbies.

Discussing the whole thing with mayu over icq now .

All I have to say to conclude my point is. What would you rather have for a gaming enviornment?

Diablo or Everquest? Your call.

I only read the first page because I wanted to reply to this. Cheat your ass off, but don't tell anyone. And don't bring it to this board, if you cheated with GS codes...I don't want to know, and if you tell me I am gong to post that I don't like what your doing and many others will too. Thats like asking 20 people to flame you, don't do it. Everyone is flaming the people that ask for GS codes or other stuff, I do it also. I have no problem with cheaters cheating their ass off offline but when you do it online you lose trust with your fellow teamates because you well...cheated. It may enhance your enjoyment in the game, but please pick one or 2 options: Cheat and play offline or Play online clean. Making things hard to get makes things more fun, if Sega could ban cheats I would for one vote with them. But they can't so lets try to be nice, go post at a code board. Might find something there other than flames.