Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Default About the Online Community for PSP2 US...

...How is the online Community? Is it really bad as everyone said?

Also, does anyone on PSOWorld play PSP2 US? I understand that there is a PSP2i JP and a CFW english patch in the work, but is PSP2 US still being played?

Quote Originally Posted by Shade_Koopa View Post
    ...How is the online Community? Is it really bad as everyone said?

Also, does anyone on PSOWorld play PSP2 US? I understand that there is a PSP2i JP and a CFW english patch in the work, but is PSP2 US still being played?
    The online community isnt the best. there are a lot of hackers online and there might be a few "I want a gf/bf" rooms up (idk if those have gone away).

I haven't played psp2 in awhile but I'm pretty sure there are still people who do.

I play it still, along with a handful of the people here.

The hackers pretty much believe themselves to be in complete control, but the few of us that play ignore them. The number of rooms dedicated to bf/gf has dropped quite a bit, but in its place a myriad of people asking to be instantly leveled to 200, name hacking, or hacking for a certain weapon.

It may sound bad, but the number of people playing without hacks is higher than most might think. In fact, there are returning players to the game from around the time the game was released. The problem with the returning players is that you will almost always need to show them your partner card and the room being at the minimum level 100. If you plan on hosting a party and below 100, expect quite a bit of traffic from the hackers.
    Last edited by blace; Jan 31, 2012 at 02:21 PM.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

Okay, so unless I i set up a room for friends or player from the PSO World forums, I'm going to run into a lot of hackers. Why are there so many hacker/cheaters in this game?

Quote Originally Posted by Shade_Koopa View Post
    Okay, so unless I i set up a room for friends or player from the PSO World forums, I'm going to run into a lot of hackers. Why are there so many hacker/cheaters in this game?
    Correct and if you need anybody to play with just PM me. I'm online almost everyday.
    Fe Raw Lv200 VA lv30
    Venus Lv200 RA lv30
    Rich Boy Lv200 HU lv30

Adahna Degahna Count: 700
    Degahna Cannon's: 0

[QUOTE=Shade_Koopa;2716873] Okay, so unless I i set up a room for friends or player from the PSO World forums, I'm going to run into a lot of hackers.

Its best to use this forum if you want to arrange forming a party with people. It'll save you the time and stress of playing with randoms. If you host most games online you can prevent being affected by a cheat. However, joining a party is not smart and before you go online you should buy a product that allows you to back up your data; do this regularly.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Planning to replay PSP2 and prove to myself that the chaining mechanic do not slow down the pace of the combat. =/
    Planning to replay PSU (ep1 and 2) for story and gameplay, PSZ and PSP2 offline mode Only Also I'm keeping my FC for psz up though the Network Mode is closed.

Originally, Sega planned on using its Little Wing License to allow players tha bought the game to get on, but sometthing was flawed in the system which allowed pirates to play online with their illegal copies.

After that, people messed around with existing hacking programs and found that they work allowing them to cheat as much as they want. The major problem with the server is that Sega does not monitor any of the activity that goes on, but rather let the players fend for themselves.

When you do play online, create a backup of your save on a computer, in case things like instant level 200 or level 0 hacks come into play.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

Also get ready to see a lot of broken common sense because aparently if you want to play legit with legits or play the game how it was meant to be played, means that you're an ass
    Last edited by Drunk Slayer; Feb 1, 2012 at 12:31 AM.

The honest, the fool and the naive.

Thank you for all the input. I figured I'll just play with friend or host/join a party on this Site. I assume there a group for the PSP2 US version, right? Also, I'm able to password my room right? Isn't there a Group name and password the PSO World community uses to play legitly?

Not that I'm aware of, most people use the IRC(located here) to set up parties.

I mostly join random rooms, looking out for low leveled players with level 30 type level, rainbow names, and generally level 200's.