Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast
    The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

I find twin swords overrated... But they're probably one of the most popular weapon set ups since the PS2 era. And I know a lot of people that like them, so I'd have no complaints with their addition. Seems like they could make a LOT of weapons...

I just hope it's not static like PSU where they CAN'T add more weapon types even if PSU did have a lot.

And hopefully not one weapon type has too many uses making it pointless to add in others. The first thing I thought when I saw how fast they made the bustersword = sabers are instantly replaced. Rifle having like 6 different shooting modes = why even add more than 3 more gun type weapons. Or gunslash obviously means bye-bye handguns and sabers, which a lot of people actually liked. @_@

Hell wiredlance could replace daggers, whips, AND twin sabers. ;o;

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

i jus want some twin daggers. fav weapon

Dreams of surfing rappies NegaTsukasa's Avatar

Chakrams: these
    I would like to also see Rods that can strike and not just cast spells.

and from a picture I've seen, they already made my dream item of dual whips coming true, so I'm happy there.

not a weapon, but something I would like to see that is in the department of equip items that I never saw in PSO is visible armor. not aura's. armor. like full on new robe types for forces, unique suites and gear for ranger and hunters, etc. not just dressing room crap PSO and PSU had that did nothing to your stats.

Hunter of the Mighty Cake Caerik's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NegaTsukasa View Post
    Chakrams: these
    I would like to also see Rods that can strike and not just cast spells.

and from a picture I've seen, they already made my dream item of dual whips coming true, so I'm happy there.

not a weapon, but something I would like to see that is in the department of equip items that I never saw in PSO is visible armor. not aura's. armor. like full on new robe types for forces, unique suites and gear for ranger and hunters, etc. not just dressing room crap PSO and PSU had that did nothing to your stats.
    I don't necessarily mind the dressing room as long as some serious gear also exists. I prefer to make characters from stories I write, and a bikini just doesn't fit the bill in that case.

On the other note of your post, I love the idea for chakrams. It could just be a skin for a slicer or cards though and serve a similar purpose.

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

Twin daggers and lances. That's right. The same stuff we had last game, and the game before that. I want that.

I really can't think of anything out there that wasn't covered in PSU. As long as they bring everything back, I'll be happy.

@ nega tsukasa there like 60 pages somewhere or maybe like 140 something all together going on about whether everyone should all be wearing the same outfits because of stats at end-game or not.

@ Caerk, the characters in the story you write might not wear bikini's. But taking them out would contradict the freedom that OTHERS would have in truly making your own original character. Maybe someone here writes some kind of "bay watch" like space story, or has a character that's a super model in their story with a giant laser cannon.

So saying that with STORY WRITING in mind, kind of makes your reason for thinking bikini's (an optional outfit) would be innacurate or pointless for people who write stories for their characters.

I do it as well (Though not linked to phantasy star) and I don't have slutty characters or whatever that run around dressed like some japanese guy's los angeles hooker fantasy. BUT YEAH, I'd like as much freedom as I want with my characters, if this game is trying to sell on it's character design feature, statted clothing completely ruins that.

Which is why they originally had it with SUBTLE stats before... and then ended up taking it out because of the FANS complaints.

edit: Oh wait I'm a total dick I completely misread what you said and thought you meant TAKE OUT things like bikini's and ONLY have serious-looking stuff. But you meant have MORE serious-looking stuff in general. Well I dunno what parts of my post to take out so this edit is fine, my bad. Yeah PSU had a lot of retarded looking outfits.

Anyway, add in your two cents to that if you want, but yeah keep the thread about how awesome weapons should be added to the game. D<

/shines my "PSU had a lot of awesome ideas so stop hatin' " badge, and my "CHARACTER CREATION IS IMPORTANT!" badge.
    Last edited by NoiseHERO; Feb 10, 2012 at 09:45 PM.

Dreams of surfing rappies NegaTsukasa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Eastwood View Post
    @ nega tsukasa there like 60 pages somewhere or maybe like 140 something all together going on about whether everyone should all be wearing the same outfits because of stats at end-game or not.
    I don't browse in this particular section a whole lot so I wouldn't know. :/

the heads up is much appreciated though.

Quote Originally Posted by NegaTsukasa View Post
    I don't browse in this particular section a whole lot so I wouldn't know. :/

the heads up is much appreciated though.
    Yeah so that means everyone is either... sick of the argument, It's easily revived, or both.

My random almost embarrassing wall of text up there being evidence.

Hunter of the Mighty Cake Caerik's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Eastwood View Post

@ Caerk, the characters in the story you write might not wear bikini's. But taking them out would contradict the freedom that OTHERS would have in truly making your own original character. Maybe someone here writes some kind of "bay watch" like space story, or has a character that's a super model in their story with a giant laser cannon.

So saying that with STORY WRITING in mind, kind of makes your reason for thinking bikini's (an optional outfit) would be innacurate or pointless for people who write stories for their characters.

I do it as well (Though not linked to phantasy star) and I don't have slutty characters or whatever that run around dressed like some japanese guy's los angeles hooker fantasy. BUT YEAH, I'd like as much freedom as I want with my characters, if this game is trying to sell on it's character design feature, statted clothing completely ruins that.

Which is why they originally had it with SUBTLE stats before... and then ended up taking it out because of the FANS complaints.

edit: Oh wait I'm a total dick I completely misread what you said and thought you meant TAKE OUT things like bikini's and ONLY have serious-looking stuff. But you meant have MORE serious-looking stuff in general. Well I dunno what parts of my post to take out so this edit is fine, my bad. Yeah PSU had a lot of retarded looking outfits.

Anyway, add in your two cents to that if you want, but yeah keep the thread about how awesome weapons should be added to the game. D<

/shines my "PSU had a lot of awesome ideas so stop hatin' " badge, and my "CHARACTER CREATION IS IMPORTANT!" badge.
    I'm not against the addition of the bikinis to the game, just when they would have stats. That gives them potential to be better than something ascetically pleasing. Heck who knows, some day I may have a crazy character who dresses in their skivvies and I'll need the bikini.

Quote Originally Posted by Ce'Nedra View Post
    Also hope they add Longbows or something similar (not crossbows!). Always liked the idea of them in PSU, much cooler then a rifle or something as well.
    In my opinion, longbows should have a projectile with flight time (that is, not more-or-less instant like the assault rifle shots seem to be, for the most part), but also be ballistic - as in, it's susceptible to gravity over the course of its flight.

You know, to differentiate them from the guns out there, from both a functionality and gameplay perspective. PAs could include the obvious things like firing a bunch of arrows into the air to rain down in front (or directly into an opponent that's airborne), multi-shot, piercing shot, etc.. I picture it in my head and see lots of potential for a fun-to-use weapon.

I also hope if they decide to put Cards back in they will be usefull for once now cause the were pretty useless on PSU and PSO.
    Cards were useful in PSO - assuming you were playing a FOmar/l and got a good hit% Talis/Mahu and just met the requirements. They're surprisingly-good in melee combat, due to the fact that you can shotgun the third attack in the combo into a single target, and double as a ranged weapon. The damage isn't bad for the point at which you can use them (assuming you're not a moronically-twinked-out character or doing it wrong and going pure-caster on a FOmar/l, naturally).

Their problem is that those are pretty much the only ones in the game that are easily-obtainable and worth using, however briefly. They're good fun while they last though. I wouldn't mind seeing their return, as long as they're more like the PSO ones and actually fun to use. I smell some Gambit-style PAs to go with them.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."