Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default "In a dillema choosing between HU-beast and my RA-cast for my main character"

Hi people I'm back again and asking for great input for veterans like you guys. I'm in a verge of confusion which character will I use. I'm choosing between my two character, a HU-beast and a RA-cast which is my main now. In every RPG that I played and mastered I'm always a melee and I have passion for melee weapons especially my Favorite character are Squall and Tidus both are melee.In PSP1 I am a ranger in PSP2 I am hunter so I know how it works. Now I want to switch over to the beast but I have some constraints by observing it. Heres a comparison of the two characters.

DISCLAIMER! don't get me wrong guys I love hunters and warriors and stuff I'm just asking for input and just telling the things that I observed.

( both in infinity )

assume that both characters are in the same level.

HU-Beast

- Attack speed, depends on weapons and STA so moderately fast, while rangers are consistent and fast in attacking enemies, attack per second and range wise

- Chaining is good with foverse but rangers are far way better even without foverse 20 chain is a chicken for this guys

- The Damage with no rebirth, are way underpowered compared to Rangers especially when using a shotgun, 15 to 20k damage is easy

-Damage per second, I love the PA of hunters all of them are cool but PA's are underpowered compared to rangers. For rangers if you have enough chain and fire a Charge shot 1 for rifles and CH 2 for shotgun you can fire multiple full charge shots which is devastating

-Boss weaknesses, most of the weaknesses are unreable for hunters while rangers can always fires at it at the start of battle Damage wise are unimaginable

-Hunter needs a strategic plan of an attack(which i like) but having a ranger, battles are like a breeze

- Both has a great visualization of weapons but interms of clothing beast nailed it

Now this are small comparison, again don't get me wrong I really like the melee class and that's why I made this thread to gather some great infos and feedback to you guys. Help me decide and your feedbacks will be great..

What do you think? thanks
    "

"Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity Weapon Guide and Drop location at www.gm-leonsky.blogspot.com "
    Feel free to email me at [email protected] if you want to add drop location or weapon screen shots. Just follow the format in the guide.

Well, from my experience, choosing a "main" isn't something so much determined by stats or by popular vote/advise. It's something you just have to experiment with and find the best play-style and character build that is most conducive to your enjoyment. Everytime I've tried to force a main by fore-planning or preconception, it's only made me resent the game more and limited my enjoyment.

For instance, in PSO, my "main" was a HUmar named Tesla. While I enjoyed playing him, I really found a niche with my FOnewearl whom I tweaked out to be a melee/support oriented character. Whereas I couldn't even get to lvl 100 in v.1 on the Dreamcast, I managed to get Mana up to 180 on Ep I & II because it was just much more fun and fulfilling to play her. So I guess she would end up being my main, even if I never considered her as such.

Just find the character you enjoy playing the most, and the playstyle you enjoy the most, and let your main just kind of emerge on their own. Even if you're not optimized for rare hunting, you'll find you'll have much more endurance for repeated missions. And that's really the most important part; just getting in there and running them repeatedly. Use your alts thereon for mixing things up when you get burnt out as a change of pace.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinue_v2 View Post
    Well, from my experience, choosing a "main" isn't something so much determined by stats or by popular vote/advise. It's something you just have to experiment with and find the best play-style and character build that is most conducive to your enjoyment. Everytime I've tried to force a main by fore-planning or preconception, it's only made me resent the game more and limited my enjoyment.

For instance, in PSO, my "main" was a HUmar named Tesla. While I enjoyed playing him, I really found a niche with my FOnewearl whom I tweaked out to be a melee/support oriented character. Whereas I couldn't even get to lvl 100 in v.1 on the Dreamcast, I managed to get Mana up to 180 on Ep I & II because it was just much more fun and fulfilling to play her. So I guess she would end up being my main, even if I never considered her as such.

Just find the character you enjoy playing the most, and the playstyle you enjoy the most, and let your main just kind of emerge on their own. Even if you're not optimized for rare hunting, you'll find you'll have much more endurance for repeated missions. And that's really the most important part; just getting in there and running them repeatedly. Use your alts thereon for mixing things up when you get burnt out as a change of pace.
    Thank you for the reply yes that is so true. In my team thats what I called "heart" not to be corny but the character you love the most or job even without talking about stats and outcome. aslong you have the passion of that certain character or job even the weakest character can be the strongest (not that I'm saying that the beast our the weakest, I'm talking in general) that's why I can't let go of the beast character I will think it over again because I love both characters. (so much (RA-class and HU beast) thank you again, any feedback or addition are welcome thanks Sinue
    "

"Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity Weapon Guide and Drop location at www.gm-leonsky.blogspot.com "
    Feel free to email me at [email protected] if you want to add drop location or weapon screen shots. Just follow the format in the guide.

Destructive by nature. Link1275's Avatar

One thing to know about rangers is as far as I know they've always gotten the longest part of the stick. In PSO they were often called the easiest class(despite the in-game description saying otherwise) especially end-game, because they have long range weapons that are very powerful(weapons with paralysis are easily best when used on RAs). However the other classes still have their advantages Vanguard on a level 200 with every possible boost to EVA on whichever race has the highest base EVA means you can evade almost everything. Hunters get the highest ATK and DEF, with that in mind you can DEF tank almost everything. Rangers have the highest ACC and the get to stay as far away from everything with hostile intentions as possible. Forces with the highest MND get to nuke everything in the game with level 30 Grants and Megid and every other reasonably good tech. In your case I would give the RAcast a serious go(maybe even unlock and buy the RAcast parts and find a Spread Needle).

True Oh the RA- Cast is my main now but I still want the beast and still thinking it over. And by the way I already have Gatlass noir and the virgo, lastly the yasmaskinov 4000x, but still I don't have the spread needle still hunting it in GH. What is so special about it? maybe the special effects I'll look for it.
    "

I have always found rangers... ridiculously boring to play.

In PSO they were so incredibly overpowered (auto-aim mille marteaux!) that the other classes were a joke in comparison, and Link, PSO described forces as the difficult, advanced class, also, Charge vulcans tore through everything.

It doesn't help much that to increase damage and acc you have to go into first person, which you can't move during and takes a split second to get in and out of... so dumb.

The only time I've thought they may look promising is PSO2 teasers, with over-the-shoulder aiming/running. WOOH!

Just my opinion though.

Me? I'm a Vanguard Melee type guy myself. (Refer to sig, left pic)
    Last edited by Nidramag; Feb 8, 2012 at 02:11 AM.

I r i s - 13X -VaDewearl (3X)

Yeah I understand you same evaluation about the first person mode, but we always use shotgun alot hehe! still love my RA- Cast down below in my sig. I am looking forward to my hunter beast. still deciding which will be my main character.
    "

only problem with a hubeast is you're gonna be seeing a LOT of zeroes...

Destructive by nature. Link1275's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Leon-Sky View Post
    True Oh the RA- Cast is my main now but I still want the beast and still thinking it over. And by the way I already have Gatlass noir and the virgo, lastly the yasmaskinov 4000x, but still I don't have the spread needle still hunting it in GH. What is so special about it? maybe the special effects I'll look for it.
    The only thing really special about Spread Needle is that it's also in PSO and that if it's anything like Arrest Needle(a special version of Spread Needle you could get by doing ep2 challenge mode and putting the arrest special on it in a quest called Gallon's Shop)it will paralyze everything except bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Nidramag View Post
    I have always found rangers... ridiculously boring to play.

In PSO they were so incredibly overpowered (auto-aim mille marteaux!) that the other classes were a joke in comparison, and Link, PSO described forces as the difficult, advanced class, also, Charge vulcans tore through everything.

It doesn't help much that to increase damage and acc you have to go into first person, which you can't move during and takes a split second to get in and out of... so dumb.

The only time I've thought they may look promising is PSO2 teasers, with over-the-shoulder aiming/running. WOOH!

Just my opinion though.

Me? I'm a Vanguard Melee type guy myself. (Refer to sig, left pic)
    I never said that PSO said the Ranger class was the hard class I said that PSO didn't mention being the easiest class(it said hunters were).

Spread needle was it's own weapon with the speed of a rifle and the attack of a shotgun. it was awesome.