Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chromehounds

Chromehounds did a lot of great things, which is surprising considering how absolutely horrid the last Armored Core game I played was (which was Armored Core 2 - also a steaming pile, probably the worse video game purchase I've ever made). I had a lot of fun building hounds and facecannoning people with my Defender.

My only gripe with Chromehounds was that you had to be assigned to a static squad to play basically anything in the online mode. They could've handled that much better (by making those squads entirely-optional, and still letting people partake in missions for their current faction). The lack of differentiating between linked-fire and sequential-fire for weapons really annoyed me though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keilyn View Post
    I'd rather wait for Mechwarrior V
    Have fun with that, considering that it's been canceled in favor of the upcoming free-to-play Mech Warrior game.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

and now a random peice of fan-art I found:

man, these games and their gray/green filters these days....jesus

hawken looks like a trillion bucks. It's been a while since ive seen a mech shooter game.

I'm pretty surprised at how many mech-based games are already announced for 2012.

MechWarrior Online
    MechWarrior Tactics
    Reign of Thunder (same developer as and spiritual successor to MechAssault)
    Hawken
    Steel Battalion: Heavy Armor

...And only one of them isn't a free-to-play PC game. I, for one, welcome our new mech overlords.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

honestly the reason im excited is because the genre is something that can be EPICLY improved by current-gen technology, but it mostly has just been skimped on.

Physics and Scale are things that can be drastically improved in these games, but it rarely happens.

Frankly, I was a bit worried when Microsoft seemed to lay low on the Mech License. Kind of like Flight Sims, it seemed if they stopped, the genre kind of stopped with them.

'Bout time they start coming around again. Things shouldn't end with Mech 4 Mercs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent View Post
    I'm pretty surprised at how many mech-based games are already announced for 2012.

MechWarrior Online
    MechWarrior Tactics
    Reign of Thunder (same developer as and spiritual successor to MechAssault)
    Hawken
    Steel Battalion: Heavy Armor

...And only one of them isn't a free-to-play PC game. I, for one, welcome our new mech overlords.
    All I need to be happy is to be given a Mad Cat MK II, a nice little planet and a few Inner Sphere mechs to shoot at. Comstar would be nice, but suicidal at best.
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

warped://perfection Mantiskilla's Avatar

Boo clan mechs! LOL. I personally like the old stuff and personal fav I used on pencil/paper game was a Rifleman with Lg. Lasers. Rolling for heatsinks sucked but it could do some major damage. Sometimes rollin' with an AC+10 was nice also. Shread that armor! My younger bro and some of his pals still play the pencil/paper game from time to time of course I have no idea how the game works today

How about an AutoCannon 20 or a pair of lasers to the head and you can skip all the rolling?
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

warped://perfection Mantiskilla's Avatar

Haha heck yeah!....but what if I miss? You know like some fluke thing happens. It would be critical hit target fun on my mech for like the next gosh knows how many rounds