Im Hand Wash Only! -Ed

Can anyone help me on what i need to play pso on gc online? I need to buy the broadband adapter, but i cant find one for a good price anywhere. Can anyone give me some info on what to get as far as a rj45 connector? PLus Im not sure what i really need because i dont have an ethernet card. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!!!!!!

Well, since you are buying the broadband adapter, I assume you have broadband.

Here's what you'll need:

- PSO: Obviously...

- Gamecube: Another obvious...

- BBA: This is pretty obvious. You can find these at WalMart. I know they've had 3 at the WalMart here since beginning of the year. They're starting to collect dust now. WalMart and FuncoLand stores are the ONLY places I've seen have a Broadband Adapter for sale on the shelf.

- RJ45 Cable: Just buy a RJ45 cable. Make sure you look at the cables. There are some that will say Crossover cable, and unless you are using your computer as the server, YOU DO NOT NEED IT. They come in different colors as well as different length. Measure from the Broadband modem to the area the 'Cube is at. I believe RJ45 cables can get as long as 50 feet, well that was the biggest I saw at Best Buy a couple weekends ago. (I bought my router and RJ45 cable from them.)

- Router: OPTIONAL! This depends if you are hooking straight from your broadband modem to your 'cube. If you have your modem hooked up to your computer, and you plan to switch back and forth between computer and 'cube, you may have to turn off your modem each time for it to detect the new device. I'd actually recommend a router. Makes life a lot easier. You can get some around 40 or 50 dollars.

For an RJ45 cable just go to your local electronics/computer store. Best Buy, CompUSA, Target... I know they have RJ45 cables. CircuitCity more than likely has them too. Look around, some places are cheaper than others. If you need any specific help with any of this feel free to PM me.

Im Hand Wash Only! -Ed

Thanks muku, you really helped me out!

No problem. Like I said if you need anymore help don't hesistate to contact me.

I just went through this a few weekends ago when I upgraded from Dialup to Broadband (well my 'Cube, my computers had Broadband a good few years now). It can be kind of expensive to get the stuff for it, but it's nice.

Coolguy

there is always nintendo.com, i think they sell them there at a pretty good price.

Yea, but I would suggest buying online as last resort. But that's because of the waiting. I prefer to have instant satisfaction than wait.

go 2 nintendo.com and they will sell a good priced bba there. the other guestions i cant help u with lol.