Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Does this program require you to have a hacked PSP? I downloaded it and I'm not really sure where to go from there. The tutorials I'm finding on installing it aren't making much sense.

Indeed it does. Otherwise you'll need some hardware that allows the PSP to output to a tv and then another piece of hardware to record.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

Oh well, I was mainly just interested in the screen shot feature anyway. I have a set of the tv cables a friend gave me anyway so I can still play on my big tv. Thanks for setting me straight before I wasted more time on it.

The benefit of hacking your PSP are things like this, in game screenshot function, being able to play your games in ISO format among a few others. Since the system out west is technically dead, you could mess with some of the features that aren't there otherwise.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

Yeah I still use RMJL just use version 0.20, I have Vista and it works perfectly.

I took the plunge and hacked my psp. Got remote joy working but I get about 30 seconds of actual game time after my character loads before it crashes itself and the psp. I've tried several versions of RMJ with similar results. I'm on a PSP 3000 using CFW Pro B10.

I'm at work now so I can't test this, but would I get better performance if I used my Windows XP system instead of 7? Or is the issue itself the fact that I'm stuck with the 6.60 firmware as a base?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu3s View Post
    I took the plunge and hacked my psp. Got remote joy working but I get about 30 seconds of actual game time after my character loads before it crashes itself and the psp. I've tried several versions of RMJ with similar results. I'm on a PSP 3000 using CFW Pro B10.

I'm at work now so I can't test this, but would I get better performance if I used my Windows XP system instead of 7? Or is the issue itself the fact that I'm stuck with the 6.60 firmware as a base?
    Looking around it was mentioned that the newer versions of RMJ isn't compatible with some games on the system. However, it works fine for other games but for the Phantasy Star games it always crashes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu3s View Post

I've been having the very same problem, same CFW and using RJL 019 for 6xx. But this morning, I've finally got it running at last, just tested on PSP2(EU) and PSP2i, both seem to work fine.

Here are my settings... the important one is transfer sys address set at 0x086E0000. Lower values seem to crash the PSP and higher values corrupt the games icons. Hope this helps Now to wait for Coldbird's "other" project (not the translation).

(edit: small correction after more testing..... The above settings seem to be working fine for normal PSP2. But in PSP2i something is conflicting when in the clad6 lobby area and causing a crash after a few seconds, changing the address to 0x086E8000 stops this crash at the cost of corruption to the "Little Wing" loading screen.)
    Last edited by Burnsyzero; Mar 11, 2012 at 03:33 AM.

I have RMJ lite v19 working on my PC/PSP. I can see my PSP screen but I havent found a way to get the joy/keyboard inputs to work. Has anyone been able to get them to work? I think im missing a plugin for it.

Quote Originally Posted by vazzucious View Post
    I have RMJ lite v19 working on my PC/PSP. I can see my PSP screen but I havent found a way to get the joy/keyboard inputs to work. Has anyone been able to get them to work? I think im missing a plugin for it.
    I had that problem too, but only when I tried using v20a, couldn't get the controller to work at all with that one. But it works fine on v19 for me at the moment (using my 360 2nd analog as the camera in nice, also swapping X and O for infinity).
    I guess there are so many different CFW's and different RMJ versions, you just need to get lucky and hit on the right combination. Still getting the odd crash here and there, but it is running much more stable for me now.