Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Feb. 17 Official Blog

The official blog was updated tonight with a slight bit of information from the questionaire and two design pics. First, a few bits of stuff from the questionaire.
    • The first alpha testers made up 30% of the total testers for the second alpha.
    • Cast creation rates were up thanks to the human faces.
    • There were more females than males.
    • Male newmen were rarer than the rarest rappy still the least common race/sex combination.
    • A little less than half of all total players of the second alpha submitted answers.
    • 1.2% of those were unable to play the game at all.
    • 65% of them used a game pad, the rest were keyboard + mouse, which was up from the alpha.
    • The second alpha ranked better than in the ranking questions than the first alpha did.

The design pictures for the RAcast and HUcaseal were also posted:

And finally, it looks like there will be new PSO2 announcements almost every week in March. So keep your eyes peeled. Hopefully it'll a closed beta announcement will be in there somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    And finally, it looks like there will be new PSO2 announcements almost every week in March. So keep your eyes peeled.
    Awesome, I'm really itching for more and more PSO2 info. This past week without anything at all has left me very dry and I NEED MY PSO2 FIX

Gimme more more!!

Vulcan Taint Pincher moorebounce's Avatar

I never really liked the RAcast because it's too big and bulky looking for my taste. I'm feeling that HUcaseal though.
    PSO2 JP Ship 2 Jazmin - HUcaseal - Team: Paranoia-Gaming
    PSO2 NA Ship 3 Orro Munroe HUcaseal - Team: Dark Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    • 65% of them used a game pad, the rest were keyboard + mouse, which was up from the alpha.
    This single fact staggers me. I know lots of people are keen on using gamepads for the experience, but man, passing up that precision of a keyboard and mouse is just... wow. I expected a lot closer margin than 65/35.

Have I hated you properly today?

Quote Originally Posted by ClothoBuer View Post
    This single fact staggers me. I know lots of people are keen on using gamepads for the experience, but man, passing up that precision of a keyboard and mouse is just... wow. I expected a lot closer margin than 65/35.
    The gamepad works better for Hunters, and melee in general. It also felt more natural for charging up Tech spells as opposed to spamming. Honestly, the precision of analog movement and twitch movement outweighs the pinpoint accuracy of a mouse that is really only advantageous for TPS mode.

65% honestly sounds about right.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo View Post
    The gamepad works better for Hunters, and melee in general. It also felt more natural for charging up Tech spells as opposed to spamming. Honestly, the precision of analog movement and twitch movement outweighs the pinpoint accuracy of a mouse that is really only advantageous for TPS mode.

65% honestly sounds about right.
    I'll have to take your word for it. I guess this is something I'd have to literally get my hands on before I can decide which one will work better for me, but it's just a bit surprising to see that much disparity.

Have I hated you properly today?

Kagajibaris are Dezorians Omega-z's Avatar

I think Newman male needs more power in some area's then there Female's counterparts and that making Female's into LoLi's :| reason why they are low in POP., But the last time for me was because of the problem that they didn't have the same options for the fleshie's as the Cast's did was the main reason I didn't make a Newman Male.

Yeah, Gamepad or Gamepad + Mouse (for more TPS'ing) was then best for a Force type(Wii type of formation ie. Gamepad = Nun-chuck and Mouse = Wand) , since Keyboard felt weird and out of place it was slower and pin point wasn't needed as much. That too it was easier to put all your spell's off the key board and on the Gamepad for faster re-action. The only time (after try out the keyboard) was hit the "M" key for the stupid Map which was better in the large scale(which I could add it in to the Gamepad too but was lazy to re-config. it).

But I would say best results:

Hunter - Gamepad

Force - Gampad + Mouse (Mouse when needed)

Ranger - Keyboard + Mouse

Now this is what I've seen, And I know there are those who like Keyboard better then Gamepad. But at the End this is most likely going to happen.
    Last edited by Omega-z; Feb 17, 2012 at 12:12 PM.

That HUcaseal is perfect. Makes me want to roll another one after PSO BB

Hate to say there is a weaker class than the other, but newm's stats feel underwhelming. The only differences between newm and newearl are that newm has a tiny little more HP and ranged defense while newearl gets higher magic attack and magic defense. If one were go to for the strongest caster statistically speaking, it is clearly newearl. With that said, I do hope that Forces get their own unique racial benefits so that not every Force that wants to bang hard is running FOnewearl.

Mid-late game Force(or sub-force) will highly benefit on playing with a mouse with more than 5 buttons. Charging techs on the hotkey bar is not efficient at all and I'm sure any decent Force player is going to need more than 3-4 charge spells available to them.
    I stream PSO2! Please check out my channel when you have time~

twitch.tv/gmcustom

I have to admit, I'm surprised at the gamepad stats. Especially considering so many people had difficulty even getting one to work on the first day alone.