Page 48 of 71 FirstFirst ... 384546474849505158 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digs View Post
    I'm hoping this the direction SEGA takes it, but I doubt they'd do so. I haven't played the PSP games so I don't know their current server set up, they just haven't done it with any of the games I've played.
    The JP servers have leaps and bounds more attention from SEGA for events and promotions than any other of the regional servers.
    If the game garnered more popularity then I would think they would put more effort into making it something special. I think the lack of attention to the NA side of things on PSU, PSOBB and such came about because the game was just not that popular.

Which is tragic because I personally thought PSU was a fantastic Online game with brilliant atmosphere and design that really sucked you in and made you feel special. Very few games can express such to me nowadays.

Then again, it seems Sega set themselves up for disaster with the whole PS2 version of PSU holding back the PC version.

Quote Originally Posted by Quadocky View Post
    If the game garnered more popularity then I would think they would put more effort into making it something special. I think the lack of attention to the NA side of things on PSU, PSOBB and such came about because the game was just not that popular.

Which is tragic because I personally thought PSU was a fantastic Online game with brilliant atmosphere and design that really sucked you in and made you feel special. Very few games can express such to me nowadays.

Then again, it seems Sega set themselves up for disaster with the whole PS2 version of PSU holding back the PC version.
    the problem with them games was lack content patches

now they should not have problem update the game now

Anyone know of how data will be handled between different regional versions? Like will be able to use our Japanese chars on US release etc? Will SEGAID be universally used and connected for all regions?

Quote Originally Posted by Ayaleah View Post
    Considering I can't find out/can't remember how to pick up an item, I've given up.
    It's the same as any 3rd-person action game on PC. It's the E key. E key is always interact or pick up stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazneo View Post
    the problem with them games was lack content patches

now they should not have problem update the game now
    I would hope so. I actually did not mind the lack of content patches in PSU too much, but then again overall the game is quite small and there were so many other games with so much more content out at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazneo View Post
    Who think Sega should just make english Client and just host from japan. i dont get lag from there server at all i from wisconsin

and i belive they should just follow this method they did with the first game in there trailer

I wish they would do this. That would be awesome, I don't even care about the language barrier and possible clash of cultures.

Quote Originally Posted by Quadocky View Post

In it's current state I can't see it becoming too popular, I know there are content patches planned after release but the game is in Open Beta, which is almost complete, and a lot of users have already discovered most of what the game has to offer in less than a week. That scares me.

Can't agree about PSU myself, I enjoyed it but it wasn't a game I was willing to dedicate myself to.

PSU in my opinion was a bit "forced". Sega wanted to try something new right when everyone was screaming for a sequel of the smash hit that was Phantasy Star Online.

Thing is us PSO fans (speaking for myself) like PSO as it is, and honestly there isn't much you can do to change the formula, if you do, it ends up like PSU.

PSO2 for me is great. But it feels like an anniversary edition type' a game. There's a bit of everything in here.

That said, sorry to off-topic.

Wow I forgot how bad-ass that commercial was ^.^ I need to rebuy PSOv2 for my Dreamcast soon -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Digs View Post
    In it's current state I can't see it becoming too popular, I know there are content patches planned after release but the game is in Open Beta, which is almost complete, and a lot of users have already discovered most of what the game has to offer in less than a week. That scares me.
    You can discover most of what's in Ep 1 in less than a week too, except for rares.

We don't have as many items yet, that's the biggest difference.

I've played a good amount already, and am only up to 6 HU and 19 FO, and still haven't gotten into hard mode.

I will say that fighting Ragne at level 5 was a bit painful. (Gotta love keeping your mission unlocks on class change)
    Coming Soon!

It would be nice to have joined populations and then just choose the interface language of the client. I've been doing a bunch of runs with japanese that speak some english, or translating for parties with both populations in them. It's actually kind of fun this way.