Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default What's the most idiotic thing you've ever done in PSO?

I'll start off with my story about how things go bad when you're sleepy. I had spent most of the day getting through Ruins on hard at level 26 and it was getting kind of late. I didn't want to quit playing because I was so close to getting to the boss so I decided to continue.

I then proceed to waste Scape Doll after Scape Doll until all 8 I had gathered were gone. I don't know why I didn't just save & exit when I noticed that my poor level 26 HUcaseal got OHKO from pretty much anything.

I know that Scape Dolls are easy to find but I still feel bad thinking about it.

So what is your story? Anything stupid or crazy you've done just to instantly regret it afterwards?

Edit:

I remembered another story that is even more stupid. A long time ago when I first started playing this game me and my brother would play it together. We made it out of forest and sometime later he decided to play alone, the thing is that my brother is awful at videogames although I did not know this at the time (as his biggest fan I thought he was amazing). He got to the boss in Caves and died horribly, mostly because he never used any monomates and was terrible at aiming but I thought he died because the boss was insanely difficult.

I then never really had the guts to fight him so I simply cleared forest and caves a lot of times. It wasn't until I had found 3 Scape Dolls and achieved a level of 20-something that I actually tried to kill him. I did so in about a minute without spending a single Scape Doll.
    Last edited by Redoxe; Feb 28, 2012 at 10:34 AM.

The story about your brother is insanely cute lol.

Dumbest thing I ever did on PSO? Playing the shit out of online mode when we still had ISDN. My parents dropped dead when the bill arrived...

The story about your brother reminds me of a story about my friend when we started playing. He was afraid to fight Falz, so whenever he played, he set up my character and his on split screen mode so he could do hard, and then even very hard by himself without having to fight Falz. When he got to about 47, he decided to try that big evil last boss. He gets it over with, with absolutely no problem at all (obviously), looks over at me, and just says, "That was easy..." I think more was said but this was a long time ago. I just remember the look on his face being hilarious.

Another good one (same friend) was when we started new characters (I think after our first memory card corruption), and we were joking about how easy the dragon was, then instantly the dragon resurfaced under my friend and killed him in one hit.

When you look back, PSO is the cause of so many good laughs.

I could name a million, but those two about my childhood are probably my favorites. If I get bored later today and/or think of another good one, I'll share.

Dreams of surfing rappies NegaTsukasa's Avatar

scenario 1: Fomar lv. 111 > Ult mode > Da Ra Lie > no scape dolls > did not Ryuker before boss > barely any TP recovery left.
    barely made it out alive.

scenario 2: Idiotic but bad ass and brave. had the genius to do multilayer by myself and control two characters at the same time while fighting Olga Flow on Ultimate. I eventually won. but it was exhausting and will never do it again.

^ Where is this person's trophy? Your Driver's license/ID needs to have "Certified badass" written on it.

(No I'm not being sarcastic. Those are both pretty intense sounding)

Having fed my HUmar with a bit too many Mind mats. His MST got maxed in the 150's.

Don't even get me started on MAGs. I'd say the dumbest thing I did, when I was 12-13 and PSO first came out, was join a "clan" called the Sainans or something. I think they were aiming for Saiyans. Eventually this clan of "badasses" decided that Game Sharking everything was the way to awesomeness. I eventually had to buy a Game Shark just to protect myself from their own hacks when they wanted to PK someone else.

Knowing all this about cheating, I still took my legit Agito into a real game, in Forest 1, and got PK'd for it.
    How can I possibly put a new idea into your heads, if I do not first remove your delusions?

Quote Originally Posted by Shakuri View Post
    My very first MAG had about 80 PWR on it.

This was for a FOnewearl.
    I did the same thing w/ my first character back in the Dreamcast days, lol.

Feeding my perfect MAG the wrong material, causing it to have 1 MST, bugged the hell out of me. (as a CAST)

Probably more unique, dropping trails of money in lobbies (money trains!) and dropping a Heaven Punisher by accident. Haha. Enjoy the gift!
    megaoka | Kaz | Ship 2

(PSO Blue burst)
    Back when I only had one computer, I thought I would be slick and trade myself a ton of rares to one of my alts I was leveling...
    [none of my friends were online and I was too impatient to wait]
    Joined a random group called "Mag feeding"
    So I dropped like 60+ rares up in the principal's office
    Go to come back on my alt, go up in the office, and I watched as one of the other party members looted the last of my rares and logged out...
    ;______;