Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default PSZ mentor wanted

Hey all,

I have topped a hundred hours between PSU and PSZ, and finished both story modes. However I've never played anything online. My only experience was getting told "F%$" Y##" within 5 minutes of trying starcraft online.

So if anyone would like to take me on a tour of PSZ online that would be great.
    Last edited by captainhappy; Mar 3, 2012 at 01:15 AM.

Unfortunately, those kinds of things happen on those kinds of online games. One of the reasons why I try to shy away from most MMORPG's these days.

PSZ online has a very friendly community so I wouldn't worry at all about that happening. Normally I only play with people over level 60 since my FC list is constantly full, but I'm OK with teaching new players a few things. There's a nice little organization called N.F.N. in the trade section in the PSZ subforum which specializes in helping new players by giving them items, as well as Meseta for the Celeb Element in lower difficulties.

So, what character do you play and what level are you at? I should be able to give you a few pointers on PSZ.

Mystelle - Level 100 FOmarl
    ~Art by Daggart~

Hey DrShanks,

I was lucky, one of the Veteran players took me on tour last night. A real positive experience and I instantly GET the appeal of online co-op!

You are right about the community, reading through troll free threads gave me the push to try it.

LV 40 HUnewearl, in training. Going to invest some time to learn the game a lot deeper and build some chat shortcuts. Can't play today but thanks, I hope it's an open offer!
    LV 44 HUnewearl and counting.
    "SHIR"
    FC 5415 3030 5963
    NEWMAN campaign complete!

Lv40 to 60 shouldn't take all too long. Questing offline gives you more exp than running online. Also, you need to finish all of the Hard quests offline including ET and excluding 3rd Daughter to unlock SH offline.

To unlock SH online, you only need to be Lv60 so don't worry about being too late.

Alice (DTR246) is a really nice player who has been with us at the revival for quite some time now. The weapon she uses is the Foie Haze which are the best Daggers in the game. I think she's more of a casual player (she hasn't changed weapons ever) but she does have huge ranking scores here and there.

What I can do to help you: I can give you a 1mil meseta stack to help with the amazing element known as "Celeb." I can also see if I have any higher leveled weapons that I can give to you to help when SH rolls around or when you decide to take on the Eternal Tower on Hard mode.

~Art by Daggart~

how does one end up with a spare million????? Wow. There's no access to celeb for me yet at the photon trader.

Just invested several hours on my PSZ education. Starting to ponder material and mag builds, my play style, is a HUnewearl really for me? All fun stuff that ramps up my interest post story mode. Comparing my rankings to dtr246 just blew my mind . . . then I found your leader board

I think I understand that your advice is to grind my way to SH mode, and then I'll be in the echelon where the best online play takes place. Thanks! Hope to meet you online some time to receive that cool million me seta.
    "SHIR"
    FC 5415 3030 5963

Celeb Elements usually drop when you break down walls in various areas. They're very rare but thats because they're very powerful. I just recently ran out of my own supply because I haven't run any "wall areas" in a while.

HUnewearl is a very popular character for a very good reason. She has all the tools needed to support herself and her party. She might have low attack but power mostly comes from the weapon itself. She has the highest MST of the hunter class giving her a very powerful Resta. And most importantly, her astronomical Evasion stat (especially end-game when/if you find a 4-slot Rika's Suit) allows her to fearlessly approach most enemies head on. She also has the highest base stat total in the game.

Yes... the leaderboard . It mostly lists the current or recent players with huge scores rather than the retired ones (because I couldn't get in contact with most of them). You'd be surprised at how powerful and skillful these veterans are and now knowledgeable they are as well. Plenty of them are still active as well.
    Last edited by DoctorShanks; Mar 4, 2012 at 06:25 PM.

~Art by Daggart~

Good Evening Doctor,

Celeb was at the photon collector today, but I didn't have enough drops!!! Returned later and it was gone. ***LEVEL UP*** 41 today

HUnewearl . . . when you can't decide between melee and technique. What is suggested for a material and mag builds for this character. Has anyone posted stats for the perfect material/mag builds?

What do you consider wall areas, gurhacia valley and dark shrine?
    Last edited by captainhappy; Mar 5, 2012 at 02:34 AM.
    "SHIR"
    FC 5415 3030 5963

Totally forgot you can buy elements at the Photon trader. Derp.

The HUnewearl is a Hunter and should probably focus on acting like a Hunter. There are no max stats in this game so I wouldn't worry about builds so much. Alot of HUnewearls I played with like to cap out their Evasion with Evade Materials then pump their mag full with 100 ATP. However, the way I see it, HUnewearls have alot of Evasion even without investment, so 80 Power Materials usually works. Never use Hit materials; if you find yourself needing accuracy (Once you get to Super Hard), you can make a new mag with a higher ATA stat (50/50 spread works).

Wall areas... anywhere with breakable walls. Dark Shrine and Ozette Wetlands comes to mind.

By the way, I have you added. We can meet sometime tonight or another day. I'll be available at 3:00pm eastern hopefully.

~Art by Daggart~

Hey thanks, good info. Close to what I was thinking, except I hate "swing and miss", so an ATA prone mag will be on my list.

I've registered you as well.
    By the time I wrap up my day it'll be 9:30 or ten ET, I will have a look for you then.
    "SHIR"
    FC 5415 3030 5963

LEVEL 44 !!!

In proud possession of CELEB Stormer (element lvl 4). Doing a lot of damage but it is breaking my bank accounts.

Okay, I'm sure I can stay awake for 2 more E.T. floors, ugh, what a marathon. Please let it be over at thirty!
    "SHIR"
    FC 5415 3030 5963