Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

All he meant was that the Vita doesn't use 3G for playing games, not that the 3G version can't play games at all.

I'm not sure if it's true though.

EDIT: According to this, it's true.
    Last edited by Kaydin; Mar 4, 2012 at 10:10 PM.
    PSU: Kaydin Elysian [WTmar]
    GW2: Kaydin Meridian [Human Ranger]

Quote Originally Posted by Kaydin View Post
    All he meant was that the Vita doesn't use 3G for playing games, not that the 3G version can't play games at all.

I'm not sure if it's true though.
    I didn't know that you couldn't play any current games online without WiFi. Kinda pointless to get 3G IMO. We have iPhones & Droids for GPS & web browsing.
    I think most developers with any sense will stop online connections being made for gameplay online through 3G since the ping is going to be awful and will change drastically as you move. WiFi is stronger than 3G.

This is news to me, which is why I asked "WTF is this?"

So this Phantasy Star is going to be a brawler? Sorry my current computer is horrible so I couldnt watch the video. I think that its a nice idea but with the games ability of classes how will they balance it, and make the characters unique? I do support this however lol
    We are not tools....We are hope!

Quote Originally Posted by fatelinka View Post
    So this Phantasy Star is going to be a brawler? Sorry my current computer is horrible so I couldnt watch the video. I think that its a nice idea but with the games ability of classes how will they balance it, and make the characters unique? I do support this however lol
    Not even close. It was an idea introduced by Aki_Yoruno, not the actual project itself. The video just shows some developers and Persona 4 The Golden along with Satoshi Sakai, the man that directed Phantasy Portable 2/Infinity and the upcomng PC game Phantasy Star Online 2.

Edit: Were you playing PSP2 online recently? Your username looked a bit familiar.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

I believe one of the other "new" Sega games for the Vita, Samurai & Dragons, can use 3G to play online. The game is an online-only title though. I use new in quotes because the game looks like a reskin of their Kingdom Conquest game on Android/iOS.

HOOT

Take more of my money SEGA!

The PSVita is region free, right?

Scarlet / ID:aurly; Shock Nurse @ Ship 2!

No region protection like its predecessor.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

I don't know why my portable gaming device has to cost 100 extra dollars just so I can do everything on it BUT play videogames when I already have... A modern day person's living room and a Smartphone...

But yeah, hoping Vita does get some games that'll make me want to buy one. Also a smash bros brawl/dissidia version of Phantasy Star...?

Eww...

Alis and Rolf VS lolEthan's little sister and Nagisa in a Kingdom Hearts-like hack n slash battle in a last boss battlefield with mario platforms and dancing rappies in the background sounds sooo coooool...

But being a sarcastic dick aside. I'm not sure how PS's fanbase in Japan is for a Fanservicey game like brawl/dissidia/tales of the world kinda game.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueLugia121 View Post
    i've already got my Vita dead on launch and am having real fun with Uncharted right now so SephirothXer0 you're wrong on one account being that the 3g/WIFI model
    isn't actually being used for games. also i'm curious to know why Leon-Sky didn't buy a Vita on launch himself?
    The reason is......... no funds at all haha! Just waiting for my birthday to get. So now Im comnfuse which one is better? the wifi or the 3g? don't have a wifi zone in my house. I'm just worried if I don't buy the 3g , I will encounter future problems about new games. Reading the blog about it hmm I might as well take the non 3g Vita. Because it doesn't mean for gaming just for web browsing and stuff correct me if im wrong but 3g is more like leisure or something.But still I'm open for suggestions which one is better for my birthday.
    Last edited by Leon-Sky; Mar 6, 2012 at 02:30 AM.
    "

"Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity Weapon Guide and Drop location at www.gm-leonsky.blogspot.com "
    Feel free to email me at [email protected] if you want to add drop location or weapon screen shots. Just follow the format in the guide.

I think it is safe to say that you will be able to play all games for the system on either system. I'd also work on getting that wifi-less environment fixed too.